Interserve Employee Reviews in West Bromwich

HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich30 April 2018
Worked on help desk in shared services dept, answering all sorts of queries from change of address to grievances. Hardest part was when give feedback to unsuccessful candidates, whom did not get positions.
Pros
Free Parking
My working day
Commercial and finance team leader (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands27 April 2017
managing the billing and receipting, ensuring our client has been billed correctly and our subcontractors and suppliers are paid within the 30 days payment terms. I manage a team of 6 with different cultures,

Interserve is a wide culture workplace, I have learnt a lot of the 8 years of working with the company, please refer back to my CV.

The hardest part of the job but the most enjoyable part is ensuring we bring in the money.
Pros
progression
Cons
no bonus
secure workplace that allows progression through the company.
logistics administrator (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands22 March 2017
Fantastic company to work for, cant offer you enough ways to progress and a very secure place to work. The management are always happy to help and the staff are friendly and always willing to help if needed.
High workload - low pay
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands10 February 2017
Used to work in this department on the TUPE team. Management don't recognise hard work and make promises they don't keep. If you want to do lots of work on a low salary this is the job for you.
Pros
Exposure to TUPE
Cons
Salary
Interesting line of work and productive workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands24 January 2017
During my week with Interserve, I spent all of my time within the HR department. My days consisted of working within transactions where I learnt what they do and why it is important that those jobs were carried out. I worked with payroll and helped to organise and structure each folder. I also helped out with printing and scanning work, preparing DBS forms and sorting the mail.

Interserve is a very professional workplace where employees work together within a team.

The hardest part of the job for me was scanning in work as I had not done this before.

The part of the job that I enjoyed the most was learning about the department and all the roles within it.
Pros
Learning new skills
great place to work
Business Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich9 January 2017
Great place to work with great people

The business culture is mixed with which makes it more interesting to work in this enviroment

I would not hestiate to work here again in the future
Busy and Fast Paced.
FM Compliance Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich11 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at Interserve. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was a busy, fast paced environment, with plenty of work to be done. I learned a lot from this role, and gained new experiences, which I believe will serve me well with future employability prospects.
Pros
Varied Work Load
Cons
Long Hours
Good company
Gropu Fleet Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich23 August 2016
Good company to work for, depending on the department you work in.

My best experience was working for the Fleet department and the management, I learned and excelled many skills I didn't know I had within me.

The IT department, wasn't the best experience but its fine for a day to day robotic job. to many managers, not enough relationships building between employees and managers.
Pros
always busy, neevr a dull moment in my role
Cons
Parking, Not flexibale with time
Awful company.
Hr Admin (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich10 July 2016
The only good thing I can say about this company is they do give you the entry opportunity to get into HR however that's where it ends.

- if you're fixed term prepare to be continually extended on a monthly then a weekly basis.
- Pay is abysmal, you'd get more doing a cleaning job
- Management have no people skills, bully and backstab.
- Team leaders as above and lack team management skills
- very much an us and them atmosphere
- management have favourites - if they do not talk to you/ demean your efforts, you won't progress.
- other staff ignore you/ segregated culture

It's a shame as there are many career development opportunities and opportunities to progress compared to other places. However you are better off looking at external opportunities as the pay will most definitely be better and they will definitely be more encouraging of your abilities.
Hr
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich5 June 2016
I appreciate Interseve for giving me the opportunity to enter HR with no previous experience however - management were bullies, young managers that have no management/people skills. It was not - "what you know" but more so about "who you know".

I see jobs for Interseve advertised and I will not be applying - would rather claim job seekers allowance!!!
Cons
Bad managers - not a nice working environment at all and the pay is shocking!!!
Fast paced, good array of technologies to be involved in.
Hosting and Storage Services (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich24 May 2016
Good, solid team, plenty of challenges involving multiple large scale programmes/projects, however many projects do tend to be fairly agile in nature with extremely tight deadlines. Infrastructure varies from very old technologies to bleeding edge.
They could improve on their people skills
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich20 October 2015
They should believe their staff before jumping to different ideas and that's why rated them a low score. From my point is not to be bullied from colleges which that has happened.
Constantly evolving business
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich26 May 2015
Interserve has a lot of good people working there and I have learned a lot since being there and added some really good skills to my CV.

Most days are busy and never short of anything to do.

As with most jobs there are challenging times but overall OK.
Pros
People
Cons
Work life balance at times
Great for experience. Horrible Organisation & Management.
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich5 April 2015
I was grateful to Interserve for giving me the chance to progress into HR with no prior experience. However I couldn't dream of being a long serving employee.

Management are very distant and treat you like nothing. They easily walk past you for weeks without a greeting.

They are not supportive of career development, many times they have refused employees the option to readjust hours for studying purposes.

You are treated like children, spoken down to and unappreciated.

Very unorganised. No great prospects of career development.

Pay is very low. It would be a great financial risk to settle for this position when other employers pay a minimum of 5.5k more than interserve's starting salary for this position.
Pros
On site parking. Near a town centre.
Cons
Pay and Management
Poor application experience with this company
N/A (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich1 December 2013
Good initially with dealing with application but poor at providing a response following a first interview, despite one email to enquire on the outcome.
My Job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich23 April 2013
What I do Interserve is I clean A Retail Shop I clean the shop floor and the staff areas, toilets