Interserve Employee Reviews in Newcastle upon Tyne

Good working environment
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne1 January 2017
Good company to work for within the cleaning industry, Equipment is provided and you are not required to work long hours. The management is decent and provide you with anything needed.
Pros
Equipment provided
Cons
Physical work
Good workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne12 September 2016
In the job I would be tasked with cleaning toilets and office floors. I was required to mop and hoover floors, clean desks and kitchens. I got along with all the staff and the work was fairly straightforward.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Distance from home
You work they get paid.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne10 June 2016
Interserve`s promise is to only make a 5% profit from contracts they get so everything they do is as cheap as they can get away with.
Pros
they want a happy place to work in.
Cons
pushed to limits on workload.
cleaning
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne2 March 2016
it was ok a lot of work in a short space of time which meant you were always busy so it wasn't bad at all. it was a easy job that constantly changed so you never got bored of the job.
I loved the place I worked . would never of let
supervisor (Former Employee) –  newcastle upon Tyne27 May 2015
I worked as a supervisor for 17 years until interserve came &took over they gave 2months notice because they knew we were not in a union they got away with everything I worked full time. they said 15 hours are out,others also got offered 12 &15 hours but what made me upset after they made people redundant they gave people over time because they couldn't get the work done.they half the hours but want the same work done no wonder places are dirty .cleanING should mean clean.the toilet in the building are dirty &smell because the lack of time &cheap stuff they give you to use.they still need to give me money they won't pay up I have never worked for a company like this ever becareful check your hours all the time !!!!
I asked for my cosh &other certificate I should have for training other as I had to train people on a big carpet machine, buffers all cleaning equipment &skips & they won't give me any of my certificate I wanted to start my own business but until interserve give me this I I'm stuck so if anyone can make intersever give me my certificates I would be very grateful .&by the way I was promised a supervisor rate since April .I never got a penny .they don't care.
absolutely terrible
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG23 January 2015
If i was able to give no stars I would. The company is an absolute disgrace. I worked there for 2 months in 2014 i had to leave due to not getting paid it is now 2015 and i am still having to fight to get my wages. They have given no valid reasons and they often ignore my calls and messages. I have to contact them every month regarding my wages and every time im passed from person to person as no one seems to know what they are talking about. DO NOT work for this company unless you are willing to work for free!!!
Pros
Cons
not getting paid what you are owed
fun workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  throckley newcastle upon tyne6 October 2014
i enjoy working for interserve I just wished I had more hours.
Cons
i wished i had more hours
Working with some good eggs, it was a shame I had to leave
Helpdesk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG14 September 2014
A decent company to work for, only met one cowbag the whole time I was there.
The clients could be pretty demanding and a bit stupid but in fairness they were civil servants so we knew what we were getting.
Pros
Friendly co workers, honest work
Cons
Was the only non smoker so covered lots of breaks
Interesting
Typist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tyneview Park, Whitley Road, Newcastle upon Tyne17 February 2014
A typical day at work included logging all post, internal and external. Assigning work to other members of staff in my section, dealing with all query's from clients, problem solving and making deadlines.
Re-designing templates for the use of a government body and also responsible for processing audio telephone call information into Microsoft word format.

Loved my co-workers and we used to get work done in no time, we were a great team and I learned lots of short cuts from them when I first started there.

The hardest part of the job was being made redundant in 2012.
Pros
Was great working as a team.
Cons
Getting up at 5am to start work at 8am
need better management
Scaffold Labourer (Current Employee) –  newcastle17 January 2014
well i sometimes never knew where or who i was working with, ppe was hard to get hold of such as boot and gloves and never recived a pay slip on time, and they spy on you
Catering assistant
Interserve Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG15 November 2013
Cleaning the kitchen, including washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
Carrying out basic food hygiene preparation tasks.
Ensuring chefs are equipped with the food and tools they need.
Helping the chef get ready for service by preparing food. As a catering assistant sometimes I had to peel, trim or wash food so it is ready to be cooked.
Loading and unloading the dishwasher
Helping to serve meals to customers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
17 houras per week or more
it was ok
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG15 September 2013
i liked working at the store i learnt to use the cleaning machines how to clean lifts and escalators i learnt the importance of team work
Pros
the time i started and finished
Cons
atmosphere, comments, people not doing there job properly
Close working enviroment
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle Upon Tyne10 June 2013
Maintaining professionalism carrying out tasks within an office environment while people are working. Working to very high standards within targeted times. Regular checks from managment to make sure all tasks completed. This was a job working within a very small friendly team or as an individual.