Interserve Employee Reviews in Leeds

Friendly and Professional
Labourer (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 May 2018
Whole experience positive from the people to the role. A varied workload and a positive impression left. A large company who put the staff at the heart, alongside a quality construction.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
N/a
Worked for them a long time
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 October 2017
I worked for interserve cleaning I was a house keeper on a site in Leeds I cleaned kitchens toilets an main areas I was a key holder an I escorted visitors around I was DBS cleared an I always made sure my work was completed
Pros
Made lots of friends there good place to work
Management useless
Back of House (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 April 2017
Management useless no support when u get abused by customers they bend over backwards for customers even though we get sworn at and threatened use less no support no real enjoyment
Pros
Wage
Cons
Hrs management useless
Not a good work enviroment.
Porter / Handyman (Former Employee) –  Leeds and various sites3 February 2016
Work started 9.00am do rounds of the offiices I was based at.
Make notes of things that needed doing ie change lighting if needed, escort contractors around site if they did not have clearance, (counter terrorist clearance ). Management was over seen by line manager. Co-workers were a good group.
The hardest part of the job was the protarcol at the UK Boarder Agency. The most enjoyable was when I ws on the road to attend different jobs.
Pros
Work on own inititive
Cons
To much political interferance
Overall seemed to be a promising company to work for with good ideas
Catering assistant/housekeeper (Former Employee) –  The Newsam Centre, Seacroft Hospital, Leeds5 June 2015
I wasnt with them for very long i was actually employed by Accent Group. Interserve had started taking over the company shortly before i left for maternity leave. But from what i did hear off them seemed pretty good
good friends
weekend supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG9 September 2014
met some lovley people here. it is very hard work

the working hours are fine just the going back on theafter noon that is tiresome
Pros
long afternoons
Cons
early hours
ward housekeeper
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  leeds seacroft14 October 2013
as working for interserve the hours was long and having 2 jobs in 1 like cleaning and catering and for what we were getting paid and I felt like nothing was being achieved as co workers was lazy and having to do 2 peoples work when they don't show up supervisors didn't learn the catering part when they were employed. senior supervisors and managers never spoke to us or helped. the paper work was all over the place and nothing was done about it. I learned coshh and manual handling and level 2 in food and hygiene.The hardest part of the job was the paper work having to complete all areas and fill paper work in not enough cleaning was done.
Pros
lovely staff and patients level 2 food hygiene, coshh, made a difference on the ward and met some friends.
Cons
lazy co workers, low pay for 2 jobs, doing 2 peoples work, managers and senior supervisors not being supportive.
Productive Environment
Work Programme Work Coach (Former Employee) –  Leeds8 February 2013
The work programme is fast pace. I enjoyed helping people with their barriers to work. My typicaI day involved meeting and greeting clients and helping them with their barriers to work such as referring them to various organisations/ agencies/ providers, job search, job workshops, telephone reviews, administration of client records and creating new records/ updating existing ones. I would always be rushed off my feet and sometimes if my clients turned up late I would work during my lunch hour. I enjoyed all aspects of client interaction and administration. I found that time was an issue when spending time with clients as most of them needed intensive help. I also found that because of the recession, finding jobs proved harder for those who had not worked for such a long time. My co-workers were always supportive and friendly. I enjoyed team work as well as having my own caseload.
Pros
good pay rate and flexibility with own caseload management
Cons
the work programme is government funded and the funding is not stable.
what can I say?
Work Coach (employment advisor) (Former Employee) –  Leeds31 July 2012
This review is based on being a Work Coach(employment advisor) High staff turnover as far as Work Coaches go, poor resources, low morale, lack of respect from managers, high pressure with no reward. DOOM AND GLOOM, and I say this in the upmost confidence! I had a posative attitude when I started as a was new to the field, but the life has been gradually sucked out of me. Most Work Coaches are depressed, FACT! should be out of there soon, many peple leave. I am even cosidering a pay cut just to move on.
Pros
not a thing!
Cons
doom and gloom!