Interserve

Interserve Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,038 reviews
Found 1,038 reviews matching the search
Interserve
It was a good job you were given your daily routine and got on with it under your own initiative sometimes you were given extra tasks but that was not a problem I like to keep busy
It is good to be good
I experienced enough which added to my courage to say I can work at Anywhere and performed excellently for the promotion of such lucky company’s view
Absolutely Awful Place to Work
I was happy working for them until there was a change of management. The new manager was a bully and even referred to the cleaning staff as "scum". He had absolutely no respect for anyone and would find any excuse to get rid of people if their face didn't fit. He told lies and got rid of line managers for any excuse he could find just so that he could employ his friends into lucrative roles.
There is no way I would ever recommend this company, the staff turnover is extremely high, they have no respect for their workers and treat them like second class citizens. I'm so happy I no longer work there.
over all company was good but management should change to a better work.
many things was good but timing was not suitable for me i was told 4 ON 2 OFF 4 ON but i was deployed as night guard only. that's the reason to leave the job.
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
12 hours
Interserve contract southend university
Very poor management company initially promised a training program to become a qualified electrician hence the reason I recieved lower pay and never did recieve any training. was one of there best maintenance engineers had guys underqualified carrying out dangerous works company did not want to spend money on essential items . Overall a complete mess of a company
They are a joke
During this pandemic i have realised that interserve couldnt care less about staff on the frontline whatsoever. We had no support at all. They care more about the fatcat bonuses and congratulating their office staff for working from home rather than helping staff in the thick of this problem. I cannot wait for this pandemic to be over, so i can file formal complaints about how we are treated.
Never paid
You have to constantly phone hr to get youready wages. When you do get you're wages you are always paid less than the hours you worked company is a joke in the cleaning industry
Poor management and employees
In my employment at Starbucks Interserve, I always felt like I wasn’t apart of the team and I received no support at all. I would not recommend anybody working at this place. The management is appalling and they get involved with slagging other employees off it is literally like a child’s playground in there.
I left feeling used, betrayed and embarrassed. I would not even waste your time on this place
Pros
The hours you work and it’s Monday to Friday.
Cons
Poor management, No help at all off other staff members they would rather watch you struggle and make mistakes, Made to feel uncomfortable constantly and not a part of the team.
Unsupportive workplace
Fractured management driven by targets set by outside agencies. Lack of interest in difficulties experienced by those doing the job. Took advantage of flexible working arrangements without care for effects on those they managed.
Team support was limited to those within specific narrow teams, not acknowledging other teams or their input. Lack of team support for individuals doing challenging work.

The only learning for my role was mandatory online modules which weren't relevant.

Hardest part of the job was working frontline in isolation without support and managers who had no interest.
Not really a good place to work because the culture is weird
Poor management and listens to gossips at the time. There was a culture of ‘worshipping ‘the managers and too much back biting at the lower level, worked in security May be different elsewhere
I had a fantastic experiences within the my short period of time. I have developed lots of skills and experience and enjoyed working with them.
I was a new engineer like who just changed the careers from completely deferent academy and background. I quickly picked up the jobs and work with others sinior engineers who helped me lots.

I had a fantastic time working alongside with them.
Uncommunicative
Virtually no support from management & rarely responds to emails or answers phone to you.
There is a big culture of "it's nothing to do with me" so the people working at sites are left trying to sort things out themselves and trying to keep the client happy.
Reasonable and Fair
In as much of the site I work on I do enjoy working with the team and the Site Supervisor is very good with us. In fact we don't regard ourselves as working for Interserve but we work for the Site Supervisor. It is felt among some of us he gets more support from the clients rather than those of Interserve. This site I work on is full of very mature colleagues so the site runs equally as good when the Supervisor is here and when he isn't.
That being said there is chance of progression. Interserve has a site which you can join and there you can find information on many jobs which are advertised locally,nationally and worldwide. There you will find information on where you can obtain benefits using your staff card.

All Interserve want is be a team player, flexible, work using your initiative, follow instruction, work safely following health and safety guidelines.
Horrible place to be
There is no communication.
They are totally unorganised and do not have any care or concern for anybody.

There is no appreciation.

Management only feather their own nests.
Awful management
If they could ask you for blood, they would.
Take, take, take, with very little offered in return, other than a pitiful minimum wage.

Forced, pressured, overtime, at flat rate.

You will walk for 12 hours, and have to beg for breaks, which you won't get if they have a minor first aid incident occuring anywhere on the site.
Great job, promotion prospects vary
I worked for Interserve for nearly seven years. During that time I was "bought" from the agency HVAC and promoted from the helpdesk to Client Coordinator. I won two Values Awards. When I wanted to become a Facilities Manager they didn't really help me as they're only interested in building up the call centre. That said, they're a good company to work for.
Pros
Strong protections against bullying
Cons
Not much chance of promotion outside the call centre
Enjoyable
Like all companies it was fast paced and stressful at times but overall you are looked after at the company with meals out through out the year and a good overtime wage.
Pros
Get treated well, staff and some managers are great to work with, meals and other rewards paid for by company, team atmosphere, constant flow of work, opportunity to work on site
Cons
You are looked down on if you can't do enough over time, a couple of managers arent people persons, they expect you not to have a life outside of work
stay well away
absolutely pathetic lazy management who don't have a clue. at the bbc nearly 90% of there staff are working from home .and all interserve management is aswell to make sure there ok in this dangerous time .and other teams who are not the cleaners have been looked after and measures put in place to protect them. but we have received nothing we are fully staffed and theres no need for this as the buildings are deserted. and myself and a few colleagues have to use public transport that heightens the risk of me catching covid 19 and spreading it .this company is a joke as long if you a cleaner you viewed as worthless and I need to do a separate review regarding bullying by management and supervisors
Pros
.nothing
Cons
you health doesn't mean anything to them
Poor Management
Poor Management at the westgate where I worked as a security team leader.

Lack of development and support from upper management. Current ISM is currently not qualified and lacks experience in his role.

ISM hasn’t even been security cleared which I find very strange for a company that runs a security department .
rubbish
company is a shambles, would not highly recommend to anyone especially if you have children as they are not family orientated at all they are all for themselves
Not the best
Contract manager was the only person who actually cared about his team and was supportive throughout
However, the HR department were shockingly unsupportive and didn’t really know answers to questions asked or to issues that arose. Financial director for fm at the time was disgusting, treated everyone like dirt except for his family that were hired with no questions asked.

C