Interserve Employee Reviews

bad
cleaner (Former Employee) –  waterloo10 October 2018
i didn't like it because the pay wasn't worth the job the managers where unprofessional and very un organised. After 3 months they sacked me for no reason.
Awful
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire5 October 2018
Manager that screams at you then tells you he has a lot of sites to manage. In my opinion dont take a job on if you cant handle it
Wages wrong every month.dont even think trying to get your holidays off is going to be how it should be .always pending rediculous system.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Staying
Not a bad place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Washington29 September 2018
I worked as a cleaner for Interserve for 6 years at HMRC in Washington, Tyne & Wear, before the contract was taken over by another company.
We had a good cleaning team that worked well together. Pay was always correct and on time. Management is luck of the draw I think. We started out with a manager so laid back that it was hard to get problems sorted quickly such as when equipment needed replacing. After they left, the new manager was excellent - very proactive and made sure problems were sorted promptly.
As with many such companies I think worker experience will vary from site to site.
Pros
Regular hours
Horrible place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire26 September 2018
I worked as a kitchen assistant for 3yrs. At first it was okay then went terribly wrong. Was working sometimes 7 days a week 9-6 to cover holiday and sickness, which I never got any thanks for.As long as someone is doing the job management don't care. I loved my job at first and thought I would never leave. You get picked on and bullied by staff constantly and unless you are related to management or a friend they will make you so unhappy that you eventually have no other option but to leave.
Cons
Bullied, picked on and forced out
Great place to work with fantastic benefits
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire25 September 2018
Working at Interserve was a pleasure, they really look after their staff; however they do expect their staff to work hard.

There employee benefits package is second to none, they really do ensure that you receive comprehensive life, health and other benefits packages.

This is an organisation that can really help individuals grow and achieve their potential if they are willing to work hard. I would recommend Interserve as an employer.
Ever this company took over the contract its gone down
Mobile Response Officer (Former Employee) –  Stratford market Depot.23 September 2018
Worst company, they decived the staff when taking over the contract, they were lying saying- we will get 28 days holiday full 12 hrs pay for each day we took. But shortly after they took over they said somthing different that we will get 8.4 hrs per day.

The company is a hypocritical. Too much paper work never seen anything like that waist of paper.

Worked for the contract almost 10 years in 3 different security company taking over and Interserve the last which is rubbish out of all 3.

Also when pay rise went up they paid extra for one position which was on the same level on structural level as the Mobile Response, basically the same rank but two different roles, but less for Mobile Response.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Absolute rubbish
Very good work place.
Caretaker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon22 September 2018
Very encouraging work place, very hands on and easy to get along with staff. lively team never dull moments. jobs get done quick and easy, never got nagged by the manager. work at your own pace.
Pros
long breaks, lively.
Awful incompetent line management, massive cost cutting. Honestly don't bother!
Senior FM (Former Employee) –  UK21 September 2018
Having seen the internal chaos I expect Interserve to go the same way as Carillon. I've spent close to a decade in the FM world in a variety of senior roles and have never seen anything like it. Every single department I had dealings with were disconnected with each other. Everyone one of them had their own agenda. Given the restructuring departments are blaming their own failings on this rather than changing their ways. If it can't be done it's because if the restructure. "You can't do that because of the restructure/Fit For Growth"... and so on.

To be honest if a business needs to implement something called "Fit For Growth" you do need to ask why it was unfit for growth in the first place?!

It's really not worth considering them. You'll become a number that is seen as disposable the moment further costs need to be cut. I lasted 8 weeks in a senior role and still haven't been advised why to my satisfaction. So a disgruntled review yes, but believe my it's a valid one.
Pros
Having the choice to not join this business.
Cons
Faceless way you'll be dumped during a probation period.
Workplace
Cleaner for Co op (Current Employee) –  Birmingham19 September 2018
Use to be a good company to work for but now has gone down in the dumps. Don't see manager when suppose to, don't get stores on time and equipment not serviced when booked in
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
People dont cover hols dont get stores when needed dropped hours
professional and a very good company to work for
Cleaning manager (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk17 September 2018
A very professional company to work for . I have worked with interserve for nearly two years and have developed into a confident cleaning manager .If you work hard then the only way is up if you can wait for positions to become available .
Cons
Repetitive working day
overall review
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Warrington14 September 2018
working at interserve has given me a new opening to achieving goals i or the company set, it also gave me better people skills and communication skills as i was interacting with customers on a daily basis, had no issues with the other work colleges,
Pros
friendly staff and colleges
Cons
hours were too early for me
Horrible unscrupulous company
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire12 September 2018
Must be the worse place i worked for, i was there for just over a year my team were great we all grafted to get the job done plus any extras we could fit in but tools to do the job were always broken and most the time unsafe to use but yet managment still wanted us to use it. other staff members who were lazy but kissed up to managment are the ones that had it the best but the real workers who cared about the job got the short end of the stick. It all comes down to bad/bully/clueless managment. Avoid Avoid Avoid
Pros
Certain nice members of staff
Cons
no ppe. ask to do jobs we weren't meant to do. broken tools.unappreciated
would not work for this company agian
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex10 September 2018
I worked for this company and was told to do more hours and then when I was paid only got 18 for 9 hours work have tried a number of times to sort this out to be told that it would be paid next month so infact you have to work a month in hand was not told this at interview and if I was would not have taken the job all iam saying is be very careful with this company as I think they see that they can take adventage and do
all round good to work for
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 September 2018
management needed work, however good team mates. great rate of pay. reasonable hours and plenty of over time if wanted. good training and skills learned.
Pros
training
Cons
management
Just awlful
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon7 September 2018
Worked for them for 12 months ,wages were always wrong ,no leadership what so ever, avoid at all costs.the client was fine to work for that was about it
Easy going
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk30 August 2018
Good company to work for .my fm is a good in keeping us up to date with what’s going on in the company ..very flexiable hours when needed..great team of people ..
Job satisfaction
Regional Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 August 2018
The Senior Management had no interest in their staff or clients, they believe a one fit will fit all which was clearly not the case. This made the job harder to achieve customer satisfaction and build good working relationships with the clients.

The actual team I managed were great and tried very hard to achieve results without much support from the company, I enjoyed working with my team and was sorry to have to leave them on their own
Pros
Great local team
Cons
no company support
working alone not for e everyone
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Desborough, Northamptonshire28 August 2018
Normal cleaning company you are left to do job no training. If you do job you are left to carry on. You will very rarely meet area manager and you will never meet bosses
Pros
Cons
part time
The people are great BUT there's a clear lack of incentive
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne22 August 2018
I like my collogues. I like my manager. I like the store I'm contracted to.
However, we regularly get bombarded with leaflets on how Interserve would like to reward our hard work, or how they dish out opportunities to "further your career" etc etc. In my experience, it's just meaningless paperwork... I wouldn't mind, but they require you sign it and leave them "feedback"... rate your own performance and stuff. Personally, I take a lot of pride in what I do and when I leave, I know I'll be missed. Oh, and another thing, they'll give you the t-shirts and jumpers to wear but want you to buy your own trousers and shoes too. I wouldn't mind, but they have to be black. I didn't own any black trousers or jeans, so I just wear blue jeans for work. My manager will regularly bring this up when she pops into the store... that passive aggressive half-joking thing. The bother is, if they care so much they should really provide everyone with the full kit. That way, you don't get one wearing black jeans, one wearing black trousers and the other wearing grey trainers. Would look much smarter if everyone had matching uniforms. My manager has mentioned me wearing blue jeans to the store manager on a couple of occasions and he's literally turned round and said "I honestly don't care".
Pros
People are sound
Cons
Leaflets
Productive workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham22 August 2018
Working here has been humbling. It has taught me the importance of having attention-to-detail. Cleaning is hard work and a serious job that not a lot of people would like to do, but someone has to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.