Interserve Employee Reviews

Colleagues were great, payroll were useless
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cornwall16 June 2018
I worked for interserve cleaning a school for just under a year, I enjoyed working with my colleagues, however most months they would get loads of our tax codes wrong no matter how many times they were informed of the right one, the pay was great for me as a young student as they pay the national living wage to everyone rather than the minimum wage for your age group, however there were no incentives and overtime often got missed off, at Christmas they offered the caretakers at the school we cleaned a Christmas party however didn’t organise and pay for one for the cleaners who often worked with the caretakers anyway which was a shame so had to organise our own, there were also a few incidents with a manager being inappropriate however nothing was done, luckily he left on his own accord a few months later. For me the hours fitted in well with college and was good pay for someone of my age however they look at staff as replaceable and just numbers rather than assets to their business which caused high labour turnover.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management and payroll
Awful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hastings16 June 2018
I was lied to about what my hours would be prior to signing a contract. I also didn't even sign a contract until my fourth shift which is when I realised they had lied to me. Awful communication, underpaid several times and generally just a very unprofessional environment.
Pros
Cons
Bad communication, underpaid, lied to.
Stay clear of this company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire12 June 2018
I worked on a site in security sector for 10 years and soon as interserve took over we experienced problems pay roll messing wages up month after month some staff owed thousands, very poor management nobody interested area management and above , total disregard of Heath and safety , threaten staff with there jobs to work overtime to which you never get payed for decided after 24 months enough was enough along with most of the working team we found other jobs , if I can give you one bit of advise look at another company to work for. If do have the very unfortunate opportunity to work for this company I asure you they will owe you money and you will not get it back.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Just about everything to do with company
Harumph!
Carpenter & Joiner (Former Employee) –  Liverpool10 June 2018
Liverpool City Council Maintenance & Building Work Dept. Was a fantastic place to learn my trade. I was tutored in all aspects of carpentry and joinery and enjoyed my time immensely. Unfortunately the M&BWD not existed in the same form for many years and I for one was sorry to see it's decline. DLO is the way to go.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Guileless
2 months review
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Suffolk6 June 2018
A typical day of work there were a lot of phone calls and emails to be made and administration as you would expect ,

always extremely busy in the 2 months i was there always on the go was demanding

I didn't feel like I had much of a voice .
management decided we followed

Really enjoyed helping people the patients as much as possible in my brief time there.

The working environment however at times was awfully uncomfortable , from myco workers and fellow staff and i felt the higher up you went the more detached and somewhat dry and unsupportive it became .

Not as warm and pleasant as I had hoped for when starting.from some of the reviews i had read before applying

.Interserve branch had some good visions but I felt they were just that visions ..

it just my view but I think its been one of the toughest and worst places to work in my 12 years as working as nurse.for both private agencies and the NHS .
Pros
pay was fair, management, paperwork
Cons
long hours, difficult to get everything done
Social housing repairs team
Multi trade carpenter (Former Employee) –  East Thames housing6 June 2018
At interserve I was a mobile maintance engineer going to up to 8 different jobs a day all across east London following a Pda system this was a enjoyable job being active and meeting new people everyday
Nice People
IPAF Operator / Traffic Marshal (Former Employee) –  Hayes4 June 2018
Was a pleasure to work for Interserve.
Nice people ..
Always paid on time.
this was a great job for me.
Long-term about 1 year and half..
Cheers guys.
Cons
Long Hours
Avoid at all costs
Technical Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City28 May 2018
Expect payroll to mess up your tax code regardless of providing correct documents, Expect them to maybe correct their mistake after 3 months.
Expect to be overworked, unappreciated and generally miserable.
Don`t sign any contract without looking at the overtime pay as in my case it was capped, there was no time and a half or double time just an extra 25 pence extra an hour if your lucky.
I would like to say this company is multicultural but that would be a lie I was the only native English speaker there.
In short avoid this company at all costs just terrible!
Pros
Cons
how long you got?
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 May 2018
It is o hour contract job which may be suitable for students......and benefits only for management......shame, no quality personnel in management and poor quality management. Need to do training for hold that posts in management and dictatorship attitude has not need in this organisation. Staff shacking is not bravery but good management is the key.
Ok place to wrok, not enough hours.
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Torquay24 May 2018
I found my time with interserve to be OK, The job itself never really led to any drama and I found the people I worked with to be quite decent. However they simply could not give the hours I needed.
Pros
Friendly Workplace
Cons
Not enough hours
Average work but hopeless management
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 May 2018
The jobs are okay, it's just normal work to be honest. The issue with interserve is it's management, not just at ground level but it goes quite high up. Incidents do not get dealt with, even if you don't feel safe. I was threatened on site and was told by my manager to just avoid them. HR is almost non existent, it would get to the point I'd end up just laughing at the end of a call.

If you work for Interserve get used to having to deal with your own issues. Like I say the works just normal work but the management is hopeless.
Pros
Normal work
Cons
Bad bad bad management
Very productive
Assistant Site Manager (Current Employee) –  London22 May 2018
On this job I had the chance to grow and learn all stages of a building site being here from the first poor of concrete until to the last key handover.
We done 186 flats with 2 levels of carpark , having around 1500 trades working along
I have been incharge with all the logistics here having 4 hoists , 2 cranes , 1 forklift , 2 cherry pickers . 1 scissor lift and around 6 handyman’s and 20 labourers
Pros
Overtime pay rate
Great compny
Construction Manager electrical (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 May 2018
Interserve are a huge company, which in my opinion know there stuff ,mixing an engineering company to a builders, I found tough as they found it hard to mix well .
Pros
Great bunch of guys to work with
Cons
Old attitudes
Productive Workplace, hard working staff
Multi-Skilled Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 May 2018
Interserve have very friendly staff in my experience, especially security and management. Workmates are very keen to teach skills to somebody new to the job and are happy to help if you get stuck.
Very poor management
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich14 May 2018
Asides from the wage, this is a very bad place to work. Upon leaving I had to go through 5 months of phone calls, letters and printing out documents just to be paid my remaining holiday allowance which they tried to make out I wasn't owed. Eventually I got my money but it shows what a shallow, disrespectful company this is. Managers and supervisors were't even capable of getting along let alone running a store.
Pros
Good Wage
Cons
Just about everything else
Friendly and Professional
Labourer (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 May 2018
Whole experience positive from the people to the role. A varied workload and a positive impression left. A large company who put the staff at the heart, alongside a quality construction.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
N/a
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 May 2018
My job at interserve was good, the management were very understanding and always helped me understand what different jobs needed to be completed. The salary was also very good but was an average wage for labouring.
fun workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 May 2018
Great company, management good. well run company. very professional and understanding of their employees needs. cleaning involved the cleaning of offices within town.
Keyholder
Morning cleaner key holder (Former Employee) –  Totnes, Devon10 May 2018
Fairly decent simple job keyholder clean whenever I csn

Good manage and nice to talk to just about to leave them as new company won the contract....
Pros
Boss
Challenging
Group IT Governance Director (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 May 2018
A company with some great attributes currently in some distress.
A new executive team with a recovery plan in place.
Strong values but a low margin business underinvested in some key areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.