Interserve Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Worse company to work for
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury18 September 2017
They under pay people believe that people who work for them have nothing better to do or that this is the only job I was a cleaner for them in my town
Cons
Alright job for a bit of money.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire17 September 2017
Its a good job for someone who doesn't really like to socialize with other people as your pritty much o your own cleaning a shop floor and mirrors but around good job for what you get paid.
Absolutely lovely place to work
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  asda bury st edmunds12 September 2017
Absolutely lovely place to work, I only left as they had an hour cut and I needed more hours. Welcoming staff, amazing managers who gave praise on a notice board which I managed to get on and I was so chuffed with myself as I could see that they were clearly proud of my work.
Pros
amazing team
Cons
hours were cut short
favouritism rewarding lazyness
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Redditch7 September 2017
I was there at there call centre for more than 5years and to start with it was alright the teams were all pulling there weight and everyone mucked in. The about 3 years ago things seemed to change several new managers and new staff.

Some of the new staff on all teams are bone idle and sneaky and management are flatly unwilling to challenge them and often borderline encourage them because the lazy ones are the favourites.

If your a lazy creeper you get all the perks while those who do work get everything dumped on them. Half of the staff on the teams spend most of their day talking or playing with their mobile phones leaving one or 2 people per team to do all of the work and those one or 2 get left to do everything as management are unwilling to deal with it. If your a lazy little do nothing then go for it you'll probably end up being a manager before long.

If you actually want to work and make a difference go elsewhere
Pros
salary paid on time
Cons
poorly managed
Not a great place to work
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire4 September 2017
I have found so many reasons to not work for this company in my time with them,

*Dont get paid on time if sometimes not at all!

*Dont get your phone calls/Emails/ Messages picked up leaving problems unsolved

*Line managers change and leave all the time
Pros
Hours work around another job if you have one
Cons
All the above
Not worth since when i start 4on 4 off , wages poor , holiday not paid in full.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hamble, Hampshire30 August 2017
I work for Interserve in Hamble for over 4 years and i would say to anyone who want's to start in this place DO NOT Apply for this job !!! Your holiday not be paid in full , overtime if u have in the future will be paid as normal hours. If some if u dicide to start for them don't show them that u r good cleaners because some of u will be in bad pisition !!! I mean in this place working most of them lazy people which a manager kniws about them and he nothing do with them at all!!!! Just he explain thats he understand some people are perfect some not but unfortunatelly most of them not doing job at all !!!! In results person who is good in cleaning job is kicked in bum and manager is give job for good cleaner so lazy people are happy!. One more think is one of polish woman when she start our a manager said to her that shes able to get 4 days off holiday!!!! Which person from Latvia been able to get 15 days of holiday !!!!! How is possible???? Some of cleaner when they coming to work just clock in and they left company for 2 hours !!! They drink alcohol and smoking weed ,after 2 hour they back to work and then after 11pm again they left company and they back before 4 oclock in the morning just to fo checks. !!!!! Please stay away. So poor a Management at all. Still 100% clean as manager he said but how is possible when cleaners they left company each night? Well question to my a manager. I hope his boss if he can see this message he need get investigation what happend in this site. I know a lot about this site.
Pros
No at all
Cons
holiday not been paid in full, overtime not been paid double, and many more
not great
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 August 2017
I have been with interserve a few years now the last year has been the worst ever, very poorly managed by senior management and direct manager, I would not wish to work for them again!!
Interserve - A great company to work for
Station Cleaner (Current Employee) –  London24 August 2017
A lot of physicality and activity involved in my role.
Workplace culture is diverse and open.
Hardest part is unforeseen events that could potentially occur.
Enjoyable part is observing the workplace, meeting new people and helping customers.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Breaks are short
normal work
Cleaner at Sainsburys (Current Employee) –  Luton21 August 2017
good colleagues,
good place
bad management, not always available and useful. Never listen to employs requirements, never understand.
salary minimum wage.
Horrible place to work
PM (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire21 August 2017
All the things you can think of being bad in a work place you will find with interserve. I am a project manager and they have me on minimum wage after finishing an apprenticeship. Sexism and favoritism is rife. Very poor when understanding medical needs or family care. Looked down on if ill. After apprenticeship they dont know what to do with me so little work to do. highly stressed , lots of bullying. All in all never work for interserve mainly due to the very very poor pay and hostile office enviroment
Pros
Cheep coffee
Cons
very poor pay, hostile environment
Nice place to work
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Preston20 August 2017
Good hours for you to work, friendly people to work with, flexiable to your needs, training to learn more, always somthing new........................
Pros
New skills
Good workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pinewood13 August 2017
Good workplace but it is not good for career advancement it is very hard work the management doesn't talk to you the people who do good job are not thanked not even a Christmas bonus u don't get any spare time it is constant work even if u have done good job they always find something to pick on apart from that the pros are they give u good hours and the people who use the studio are nice people and treat you good
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No career advancement
Ok, But went rapidly downhill under new management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire9 August 2017
I worked for interserve for 4 years....enjoyed 2 and a half of them. The last 18 months saw staff morale levels nosedive after new management took over with an autonomous management ethos.
Too many changes to the sites operational procedures throuout made working there unenjoyable. With a clearly defined line being drawn between the management and the workforce.
The workforce there however are great...Cleaners, maintenance team members etc. are easy to get along with and I made some good freinds whilst there, but due to the changes management seemed to treat you like naughty children rather than skilled workers or adults at times, with petty complaints about minor things.
I lost any commitment and drive I had due to the above and left feeling dissapointed that such a nice place to work had been ruined in such a short space of time.
Pros
Great workforce
Cons
management ethos is akin to being at school again
Enjoyable working environment
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh4 August 2017
I work from 9.30 pm-2.30 am Monday-Saturday in which I work in 6 William Hill shops based in Edinburgh and occasionally do overtime within other shops.

I have to make sure that I carry out the necessary security checks before I leave the shop otherwise it could lead to a theft or damage within these shops if I do not carry these checks out.

I mop the floors, empty bins, wipe down machines thoroughly and at times carry out plumbing duties e.g. unblock toilets from time to time.

I work solely on my own and only contact my supervisor if needs must or vice versa.

The hardest part of the job is mainly in the Wester Hailes location where at times there are teenagers hanging about and at first I did feel intimidated but I just get on with the work I am paid to do and ignore them. They do not cause me any bother at all.

I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work on my own and get on with it without interruption and I enjoy helping out from time to time in other shops - change of scenery can be a good thing.
Pros
Good salary & overtime
Poor Management
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK1 August 2017
Having worked for Interserve I can see why they are constantly recruiting for HR positions.

The management team are unorganized and have no people skills. They have a dated work ethic and if your face does not fit your out the door.

The system they work by is over-complicated. Training and development poor and insufficient.

One of the worst companies I have worked for.

Would not recommend even for a stepping stone into HR.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Poor Management
Very few staff are Nice
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 July 2017
Worked for them twice, I don't know why. I think its because the other company I worked for like them was worse but they did give you training.

Staff are stuck in the old ways not doing work or clocking out from home after leaving many hours befor there time. Saying deep cleans been done but not.

Bosses like you if you keep quiet but if you try to to your job properly and follow health and safety you get in trouble and classed as a whistle blower if you have to approach the customer you are working for.

Its sad as I love the job
Pros
Non
Cons
No Training, christmas pay, no overtime pay if you stay over your time, not much Teamwork
Really lacking in leadership and direction.
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 July 2017
I had 4 line managers in just over 12 months, all with differing strategic objectives.

After being approached with three different roles over a six month period, I finally agreed a role and package that excited myself.

Sadly the business was in a very dysfunctional state.
Pros
Package
Cons
Dysfunctional
Amazing
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redditch24 July 2017
I really enjoyed working for Interserve they have a brilliant team who are always helpful and willing to give a little bit extra for the team. I have learnt a lot from Interserve mainly the high level of customer service
Racism, nepotism, homophbia and stupidity.
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 July 2017
Majority of the managers didn't have the qualifications and experience to be managers. Some of them will try to intimidate you. The line manager was the most incompetant.

All this doesn't matter now as they've lost the contract to clean New Street Station.
Pros
Experience, good overtime pay
Cons
Incompetant line manager, no room for progression as they only promote family memebers and violent staff memebers.
fun work place
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire23 July 2017
i love my job as there is never any day the same and I love learning new things when asked to complete them

I get on with everyone I work with and have made many friends at this site

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9