Interserve Employee Reviews

Amazing company and staff
Secretarial Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 December 2018
Whilst i completed my work experience with interserve i always felt invited and afterwards when i completed my work experience i felt when i would go into the working lifestlye i felt prepared and ready. The staff who work there are incredible and allowed me to share my views and experiences freely and they helped me find i new perspective on the work and society.
Comfortable working environment
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire6 December 2018
InterServe gave me and opportunity to develop multiple sets of skills that are beneficial in every day life and my future work life too, foe example, organisation, working as part of a team, managing your time.
Poor Executive Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlands4 December 2018
No clear direction and the new CEO's "Fit to Work" policy has been a disaster. Employees with good, fresh ideas have been released and dinosaurs retained.
They don't live by their core values at all.
Not worth investing nor seeking employment.
Pros
Some JV's are strong
Cons
Just about everything. Do not practice what they preach
A Stepping Stone
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Redditch2 December 2018
I worked at Interserve for several years on various contracts and in various positions.
I thoroughly hate my time at this company and would not recommend it to anyone other than those needing some quick experience in a specific position as there reputation is such that they will take on anyone as nobody has anything good to say.
Pros
Bad reputation so will take on anyone
Cons
Management are bullies, progression does not exist unless you are friends or family of the right person.
Poor management understanding and leadership
Minor Works Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  RAF Lakenheath30 November 2018
I have worked for Interserve for 2 years and higher management offer very low support and understanding of the daily tasks. Communication and management skills have been very poor with numerous temporary managers who have only been in place for a short period of time.
Pros
Free tea and coffee and kitchen facilities
Cons
Poor leadership
Worst company ever
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Maidstone29 November 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The shop I worked in was great I’ve met some amazing people, but my line manager was awful! Shouted at me and stressed me out a lot while pregnant, and doesn’t like it if you have time off because your baby is ill! I honestly would never work for this company again!
Pros
Working in the store and meeting lovely people
Cons
The company
Excellant
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Halfords blackwood21 November 2018
Good company to work for .good pay.very helpful when they are needed .supplies that are needed are always there on time and the supplies are sufficient the the job in hand
Big place
Janitor/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Waterloo19 November 2018
Working as cleaner in an universitty is very difficult because can not keep up tidy.
have to be looking every 30 min and always is dirty , full time job for one person !
Interserve is a big company give vouchers but i never used it .
No respect for employees!
Helpdesk Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 November 2018
This is genuinely the worst company to work for, especially if you want stability, the help desk role is also active cause they fire people so often, i was told I would be kept on full time constantly and found myself unemployed. I'm really glad I got to leave the place its terribly run, with unskilled managers who demand too much from staff. I'd personally avoid, its an awfully run business.
Work Experience
Multi Skilled Trade Workers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough2 November 2018
Amazing place to work, get daily jobs but not tiring. It keeps you active with a business provided van to get around to clientele. Good salary and flexible freedom.
good to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Twyford30 October 2018
good company to work for
depending on who you have as a supervisor supplies were always late.
the payslips online didnt always work
when calling the company it can be a struggle to get through to the right person
Pros
money of some things
Cons
lack of communcation with supervisor about supplies
The average employer.
Domestic assistant (Former Employee) –  Tiverton28 October 2018
Sometimes high demands, no promotion opportunities for mothers with small children. The salary is National mimimum wage. It all depends on who you work with.
Fun and great place of work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire24 October 2018
The hardest part of the job was Management and the most enjoyable part of the job was socialising and working at the same time.

What I have you learn't was management and dealing with tricky situations
Pros
Flexiable working Hours
Cons
No benefits with job
A good place to work going through hard times
HR (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 October 2018
The company has some extremely competent, hard working and friendly people - I'd say this is the norm and not the exception.

It is the type of place that is fast paced, continuous and challenging - this doesn't suit everyone, but for those it does suit the work is very rewarding.

The set up has historically been very politicised with the various parts of the business being encouraged to compete rather than work together. This was the most frustrating part of the business as it stopped many great potential initiatives. New leadership since the end of 2017 has been driving a change that is set to resolve a lot of these issues. My rating would likely increase once these changes are complete.
Pros
Colleagues, challenging work
Cons
Mid-level payer
bad
cleaner (Former Employee) –  waterloo10 October 2018
i didn't like it because the pay wasn't worth the job the managers where unprofessional and very un organised. After 3 months they sacked me for no reason.
lack of opportunities
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wigston Magna7 October 2018
mundane and repetitive. poor management and almost zero opportunities to advance career. lack of motivation or goals. colleagues are often unproductive.
Pros
independent work
Cons
mundane
Awful
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire5 October 2018
Manager that screams at you then tells you he has a lot of sites to manage. In my opinion dont take a job on if you cant handle it
Wages wrong every month.dont even think trying to get your holidays off is going to be how it should be .always pending rediculous system.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Staying
Not a bad place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Washington29 September 2018
I worked as a cleaner for Interserve for 6 years at HMRC in Washington, Tyne & Wear, before the contract was taken over by another company.
We had a good cleaning team that worked well together. Pay was always correct and on time. Management is luck of the draw I think. We started out with a manager so laid back that it was hard to get problems sorted quickly such as when equipment needed replacing. After they left, the new manager was excellent - very proactive and made sure problems were sorted promptly.
As with many such companies I think worker experience will vary from site to site.
Pros
Regular hours
Horrible place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire26 September 2018
I worked as a kitchen assistant for 3yrs. At first it was okay then went terribly wrong. Was working sometimes 7 days a week 9-6 to cover holiday and sickness, which I never got any thanks for.As long as someone is doing the job management don't care. I loved my job at first and thought I would never leave. You get picked on and bullied by staff constantly and unless you are related to management or a friend they will make you so unhappy that you eventually have no other option but to leave.
Cons
Bullied, picked on and forced out
Great place to work with fantastic benefits
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire25 September 2018
Working at Interserve was a pleasure, they really look after their staff; however they do expect their staff to work hard.

There employee benefits package is second to none, they really do ensure that you receive comprehensive life, health and other benefits packages.

This is an organisation that can really help individuals grow and achieve their potential if they are willing to work hard. I would recommend Interserve as an employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.