Interserve Employee Reviews

Racism, nepotism, homophbia and stupidity.
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 July 2017
Majority of the managers didn't have the qualifications and experience to be managers. Some of them will try to intimidate you. The line manager was the most incompetant.

All this doesn't matter now as they've lost the contract to clean New Street Station.
Pros
Experience, good overtime pay
Cons
Incompetant line manager, no room for progression as they only promote family memebers and violent staff memebers.
Stand up for yourself
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire19 July 2017
I worked for 2 weeks and gave them ALL my details national insurance number,divorce papers,utility bills ,hospital letters prov,driving license, bank card ...still not enough they wanted me to get copy's of marriage certificates.
Didn't feel happy about giving the marriage papers as I would have to pay for them (copy's) ..so I was told I will not get paid till I give them what they want ,they said what difference will it make to me to give them the papers!!! I returned the question,no answer was given.
I called action fraud,they were very interested ,so my advice is do the same call action fraud if you have given them all your info and your still not getting paid.
Pros
I walked away, called action fraud.
Cons
Not getting paid
Lovely colleague and good workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Blyth19 July 2017
I was back from China and doing this job. It's not my favorite job but have to do it for more work experience and support my daily life while I'm pregnant. It's a very busy working environment and I was in charge of cleaning job not only in office but also all the shop(Homebase) I need make sure the showroom meet the most appropriate condition.
Great workers but terrible Management
Vehicle Prep Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, UK16 July 2017
The job itself was mostly decent. Management (when I worked there) was dreadful and completely unreliable.

For the staff who you would work with, I'd say the job is decent, the management and jobload is the only downfall.
Pros
Friendly and Diverse staff
Cons
Night Shift, Treated like dirt
cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Yate, Gloucestershire15 July 2017
hi a nice enviroment pleasant place enjoyed working there as a part time cleaner more working hours available if required and leave when needed staff where very pleasant annual leave was fair cannot fault the company
Pros
extra over time
Cons
travel
Okay I guess
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2017
Little pay for a lot of hard work. Managers never around supervises take advantage if you are a hard worker and will ask you to do more work then you should.
Cafe assistant
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire8 July 2017
Really good place to work
The cafe was good to work in
The b&q staff where always freindly
The customers where lovely espicaly the regular
Customers
Pros
Shifts where suitable
Good part time job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Perth30 June 2017
Good company to work with just not enough support from management/leadership.
Support for employees needs to be the focus.
No bonuses or incentives.
Common problem: Sick pay haven't been paid on time which is unacceptable.
Long hors
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 June 2017
Worked very long hours - 12 hour days.
Little reward.
Overtime worked every day - no additional pay.
Company suspected wrong doing when I was working late up until midnight and gone.
No respect - at times.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No trust
Interserve / DBC
Administrator/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire26 June 2017
Unfortunately DBC went in to administration whilst i was on maternity leave. Such a shame as great company and great team. Have missed working there. Moved to Interserve when returning from maternity.
Good for evening part time work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  SSE Perth26 June 2017
Wouldn't recommend for long term employment. There is lack of equipment to get the job done. There is no checking of standards and has even been forms of bullying by supervisors and management. It is made bearable due to the nice environment provided by SSE and by the hourly rate which is good for the current climate in this type of work.
meh
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex19 June 2017
cleaning what more is there to say really ????
it all depended on the team that you worked with some people were really good at there job others were awful
also often expected to act as a supervisor with out being paid for it
Cons
short hours late nights often 7day week
Secure Enjoyable Company
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria14 June 2017
I enjoy my role within the company.
I work at a local hospital as a Domestic Assistant in the evenings and am allowed to carry out my work without any issues.
fun workplace
Helping Hand (Former Employee) –  slough12 June 2017
leant more then I knew before, leant about plumbing. Leant how to fit a bath and leant about plumbing as well I enjoyed learning how the company work the management, the employees, customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know other people and how they worked. The hardest part of the job was learning how to fit a bath in a small room could not see what the worker was doing.
Pros
learning how to work better with people
Interserve
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom12 June 2017
As I have not worked for them in over 10 years it would be not be fair of me to write a positive or negative review, All I can say is that they were a good company to work for when I was employed.
Horrendous
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Carlisle31 May 2017
Interserve are absolutely horrendous too work for would not recommend them to anyone constantly working short staffed supervisors just sit in the office barking orders at you so not willing to roll there sleeves up and give a hand they are allergic to work they bully people into doing things they don't want to do can never keep there staff you get no support whatsoever of management the whole place is corrupt keep well away from interserve at all costs
Pros
Cons
Steer clear
Poor wages and Rubbish company to work for!!!
Early Morning Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire31 May 2017
Worked as an early morning cleaner in a local retail store, milton keynes. I found the supervisor to be uneducated and extremly racist, so if you are foreign or of an ethnic persuasion then don't work for them.
nice workplace
Cleaning Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Victoria Station, Greater London30 May 2017
perfect managment with lots of opportunities for improving your skills and knowladge.Meeting new people and new friends. I've learnt all the safety protocols
worse campany i ever work for
window cleaner supervisor (Former Employee) –  London26 May 2017
worse campany i ever work for, bad organising really bad at not paying you for your over time as well. concent complaints from employees just round bad company
Fun workplace
Cleaner edinburgh waverley station (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Waverley Station, City of Edinburgh24 May 2017
Loved working for interserve great company management are good they make sure you have full training and deal with any queries you have good rate of pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9