Interserve Employee Reviews

Not Pleasant
area support manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 April 2018
Having worked for this company for 8yrs I can give an experienced opinion.
In the beginning it was a pleasant company to work for but after 2yrs it gradually got worse to work there. The senior management was absolutely atrocious and very rarely supported me
Good company /work colleges
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London5 April 2018
Interserve took over from Intu , big company with large range of contracts so easy to move up in the security profession but still a lot of room for improvement ie salary but have lots of benifits with discounts with partners .
Pros
Discounted benifits
Cons
Salary
horrible and unprofessional
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  burton on trent3 April 2018
I would advice anyone against working for this company very unprofessional no communication whatsoever staff get played against each other and when there is serious issues it gets swept under the carpet and involved staff members get forced out
Pros
non
Cons
management very unprofessional
Awful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset2 April 2018
Worst management ever never paid properly treated like rubbish no communication supervisor had no clue how to run things or do the job other than that not a bad place to work
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Starting
Positive atmosphere and great teamwork
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Derby29 March 2018
As a cleaner my typical day will be do walk around the shop floor and ensure everything is tidy and safe for customers, to react quickly to any call outs to prevent customers from being injured and deal with customers enquiries as I was at the shop floor all the time, the customers saw me more often than Sainsbury's staff. I have learned how to work in a time but also as an individual, to keep the store safe and clean for customers, use different chemicals for different purposes, manage my time and in busy times work under pressure. The workplace culture itself was positive as staff would help each other out and help others when they had more time or if it was necessary as well as being left with the big responsibility to ensure the store is clean and safe.The most enjoyable part of the job for me was that when I could I helped customers with their inquiries as I knew where products were and that would save time for other members to deal with different tasks as well as being told by customers how happy they were with the work I have produced.
High standard
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh28 March 2018
I worked for them as 2nd fix carpenter. One of the best company I have worked ever. They care about health and safety more than about work. Very friendly management.
Cleaner
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bristol26 March 2018
Good too work for defiantly recommend them to people to work for they under stand family’s too they understood about a lot would like to go back to work for them one day
Cons
Ok hours
BIM Manager, Construction - Project (Former Employee) –  London21 March 2018
Good CEO, and most of the team members. Except some inexperience individuals try their best to stay and disrupt others. Other than this, the organisation is very good.
Company
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sheffield21 March 2018
No complaints in 6 years, I have worked here continuously in a range of roles and have always been rewarded with a good steady wage, there is room for progression and also the company has vacancies all over the world in a range of sectors.
Mixed Bag- Good bad and very ugly
Unspecified (Former Employee) –  Scotland18 March 2018
I had a very mixed experience of Interserve,they are willing to train you, invest in you- decent benefits, great team, but very questionable management, people were regularly manipulated and promised the earth, and promises never came. Interserve need to remember that it is people they are dealing with and not just numbers. Great learning experience but very dissapointed by treatment of their most dedicated staff over a number of years
Half and half
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire17 March 2018
Use like working for them but few year now it just going down hill. They need to look after staff more it not interserve wot earn them money it they staff and get rubbish wages dont even get xmas bouses or hamper.
Shockingly bad employer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London6 March 2018
No support, no training.
Leave you to fend for yourself.
Management use old school bullying tactics to constructivly manipulate your contract.
Bounce you between interserve groups first security, nightsbridge guarding and interserve. Of which all of them get your wages, holiday, tax drasticly wrong.
Forever chasing back payments of wages.a faceless Hr

Very bad employer would not recommend.
Cons
They do not give you anything all benifits go to directors
Good compay to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wadebridge, Cornwall6 March 2018
I worked for intersperse bout 3 Yr ago in Wadebridge Cornwall. I cleaned HSBC bank for them. Got my supplies when I needed them and was paid on time no problems. A much better company than iss facility and mitie
Pros
Everything was spot on.
Cons
Just goin 2 work in tge dark and rain
tun and productive
general labourer (Former Employee) –  Margam4 March 2018
take direction of managment on what paticular tasks need doing get get ppe and tools from stores and complete tasks as instructed and trained after completion of each task return tools to stores liaising with management on each task as completed
Pros
on site canteen and drying room
Cons
no saturdays
productive
Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wakefield27 February 2018
typicl day - meet and greet customers,booking appointments, updating customer records, making sure attendance is good. work culture - everyman for himself.
hardest part of job to reach targets
working with collegues.
Pros
good team to work with
Cons
justify targets
hardworking
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle25 February 2018
this employment is very fast pace and little appreciation. The company is very demanding and expect very high standards. With being pushed to the very limit.
Pros
bus route
Cons
get there do the job and
Leisure Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire24 February 2018
quite a nice atmosphere to work in,they tried hosting parties.typical day has 30min shifts on poolside where you have to be standing and just watching the kids and maintaining their safety.
Great Company To Work For
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 February 2018
Great people to be around with, very high quality of work. Everybody is professional in every way. Everybody in the team brings something unique, and most importantly they always have the passion and time to share it with others.
Poor pay, no job security.
Plumber/Handyman (Former Employee) –  Winfrith, Dorset22 February 2018
The hours are good, but for a trade person they want to pay the bare minimum, mountains of paperwork to boot....if your looking for a temporary post, it's will do, but look for something longterm elsewhere.
Pros
Nice Weekly hours
Cons
Poor pay & mountains of paperwork
Straight forward job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Whitstable21 February 2018
This job has short hours early in the morning which isn't very desirable but fits in well with the rest of your day. The job is made up of straight forward tasks such as sweeping, mopping and hoovering which makes the shifts easy and you can just come in and get on with what you need to do. I have had issues with staff absences meaning I had to take on a larger workload at very short notice or with no notice at all, meaning tasks had to be prioritized and not everything would get done throughout the shift.

Overall an alright job and a fairly good work atmosphere and the staff around the store are friendly and polite which creates an overall more positive work atmosphere.
Pros
Easy job in short shifts.
Cons
Very early morning shifts, staff not always being on time or being absent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.