Interserve Learning and Employment Employee Reviews

Don’t work here
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Tividale10 October 2019
worst job ever
The pressure they put on you is huge, I think they forget your a apprentice and expect you to do higher jobs with no support what so ever. Management are awful and bully’s! I remember crying before work and finding excuses just to call in sick. Everyone did the same who worked there. Kids I loved ! Company was HORRIBLE
Friendly and Supportive workplace
Compliance Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield6 October 2019
Every day was busy at Interserve, everyone there is very friendly and do the upmost to ensure the customer walks away happy. Due to the nature of the business, confidentiality is well practiced and constantly being reviewed.
Poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire2 October 2019
Not a good transition and this resulted in the organisation making a number of skilled experienced individuals redundant. Others were kept on simply to make further cuts.
Excellent work/life balance
Training and development officer (Current Employee) –  West Midlands region27 August 2019
A well balanced job role with good training and development opportunities available to everyone. Good communication at all levels their mission statement 'everyone has a voice' is closely adhered to with regular surveys and opinions asked for.
Very safety conscious with safety of their employees put first. Safety moments completed at every meeting.
Regular feedback from managers, not generally micromanaged if doing your job and achieving your targets.
Lack of concern
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire25 August 2019
Been under redundancy 4 times in 4 years. Promise you the world, but unfortunately don't deliver on promises. They ask staff for their opinions, then don't take it into account when making decisions in certain departments, thus making issue for staff to be able to hit KPI's. Staff are taken for granted and expected to work hard, for little in return.
Productive and fun workplace
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Europa View Sheffield S9 1XH9 August 2019
working for Interserve Learning and Employment, i have enjoy working in a big team as well as a small team, the job is varied and no day is the same. very rewarding and seen a lot of changes over the years.
Bullies
IQA (Former Employee) –  National5 April 2019
worst place ever to work.
If you want a work life balance it is no existent.
All i wanted to do was my job but line managers and colleagues are freely allowed to bully anyone they feel like.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Pros
Cons
Long hours bullying
productive and Fun
Performance Manager (Former Employee) –  East Midlands27 March 2019
good life and work balance, good processes in place and provided me with a wide range of career opportunities and progression and development, own diary management and time of work. developed a lot of skills enabling me to develop my personal career in the training industry. There was no hard parts of the Job and this was due to the training and development opportunities I was provided with through out my job roles with in this company.
Pros
benifits
good working place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 January 2019
understandable people and management are giving you more independence. Colleagues were friendly, management experienced and listens to staff ideas, nice
ethics
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Doncaster9 July 2018
not interesting a place to work there is no fairness or policy consistency, employees are judged by who they are, and not by what they can do. everyone works from their own template.
Pros
self management
Cons
unfair treatment
Busy and productive
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire22 June 2018
A good company to work for, I have enjoyed my time here, I answer telephones, am in charge of petty cash and all keys, I order stationery and any other items that are required.
Great Workplace
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 May 2018
Interserve was a great company to work for. I learnt so much in the year that i was there. The work environment was really comfortable and my manager was amazing to work with.
Pros
Staff
Cons
pay
Good Steping Stone
Careers Coach (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire28 April 2018
If you hard working you will be at Interserve Learning and Employment. I would say it is top heavy and your requests for progression are usually ignored.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Managment
various positions
JSA Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Halifax9 April 2018
I have worked over 5 years with interserve learning and employment from working as a work coach, team leader and finally an apprenticeship officer, during this time I have learnt many new skills from management procedures to running a busy office in a customer service environment.
Clueless Corporatism
Tutor (Current Employee) –  North East7 February 2018
Management don't have a clue what is going on at operational level and you are changing constantly without warning and then expected to meet all standards, tough work.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire13 November 2017
I acquired lots of skills whist working at Interserve Learning and Employment. I felt very valued and supported within my job role. The workplace was very productive and supportive, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there
Helpful colleagues
Trainer/Assessor (Current Employee) –  North West6 November 2017
The hardest part of the job is the travelling, however it is very rewarding when learners achieve their qualifications, you have to be able to plan your diary effectively to enable you to hit your visit targets on time, Colleagues are very helpful when required however we only meet up monthly for team meetings. During my time with the company I have learned that Apprenticeships work for dedicated learners however some can struggle if they have not got anyone to mentor them between visits.
Area Managers are helpful and review progress monthly via Skype. Quality Assurers are helpful if advice and guidance are required for any reason.
The hours can be long depending on the area you are working and also the traffic can be a problem.
Pros
Plan own diary
Cons
Long Hours
Exciting fast paced business to work for
Learning and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside12 May 2017
I have worked with the company for almost 9 years, in that time I have been given opportunities to progress, grow and develop my skills and knowledge.
This business is going through some exciting change and growth plans and is a fast paced place to work, where no two days are the same.
Overal a good company to work for
Assessor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire24 November 2016
working hours 8.30 till 6, sometimes later. Several new skills attained such as the use of bespoke computer systems. well managed and supported and a great team around me. Very long hours and 4 out of 5 days I work late into the evening in order to meet targets. The best part of the job for me is meeting new people, engaging with people of all ages and walks of life and supporting, teaching and the experience of seeing and helping my learners achieve their qualifications.
Pros
Out and about always and keeping busy.
Cons
Very long hours and the expectation to work in the evening.
Really good office
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield4 July 2016
Good company to work for, colleagues and customers alike nice people, Training available on every aspect i.e, data Protection safeguarding etc. Always opportunities to progress with in the company. Management very approachable
Pros
Medical insurance, plus lots of training