Interserve Learning & Employment

Interserve Learning & Employment Employee Reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews
Busy open plan office, enjoyed the work immensly but very stressful, no option of advancement. Noisy environment so difficult for telephone calls. Excellent IT equipment.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
stressful
Inconsistent, always changing the goalpost and senior management very unsupportive. Unrealistic targets and expectations placed on staff and disciplinary action threatened when unable to achieve them.
was well rewarding, management were very supportive helped me move up the ladder. i believe the organisation helped to bring the best out of me. All colleagues were fun to work with the culture was very pleasant.
I like being able to work remotely from home and suits me with my current situation, but in being so process-driven you do not get the support that working remotely you should get and feel communication from all parts of the business is poor and creating issues in regard to staff engagement and retention, more about bottom line rather than people
worst job ever
The pressure they put on you is huge, I think they forget your a apprentice and expect you to do higher jobs with no support what so ever. Management are awful and bully’s! I remember crying before work and finding excuses just to call in sick. Everyone did the same who worked there. Kids I loved ! Company was HORRIBLE
Every day was busy at Interserve, everyone there is very friendly and do the upmost to ensure the customer walks away happy. Due to the nature of the business, confidentiality is well practiced and constantly being reviewed.
Not a good transition and this resulted in the organisation making a number of skilled experienced individuals redundant. Others were kept on simply to make further cuts.
Really enjoyed working here but was under economic pressure so was forced to leave. (Last in =, first out)
Really nice people and relaxed environment
A well balanced job role with good training and development opportunities available to everyone. Good communication at all levels their mission statement 'everyone has a voice' is closely adhered to with regular surveys and opinions asked for.
Very safety conscious with safety of their employees put first. Safety moments completed at every meeting.

Regular feedback from managers, not generally micromanaged if doing your job and achieving your targets.
Been under redundancy 4 times in 4 years. Promise you the world, but unfortunately don't deliver on promises. They ask staff for their opinions, then don't take it into account when making decisions in certain departments, thus making issue for staff to be able to hit KPI's. Staff are taken for granted and expected to work hard, for little in return.
Excellent company.

I really enjoy working for Interserve.
working for Interserve Learning and Employment, i have enjoy working in a big team as well as a small team, the job is varied and no day is the same. very rewarding and seen a lot of changes over the years.
very supportive environment, regular team meetings and support from managers, respectable salary and other benefits. lovely people to work with, too far for me to travel
worst place ever to work.
If you want a work life balance it is no existent.

All i wanted to do was my job but line managers and colleagues are freely allowed to bully anyone they feel like.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Pros
Cons
Long hours bullying
good work life balance good progression opportunities and career development, goods quality training processes in place. they have good values and comment to all employee's learners and provide good Quality training programmes.
Pros
benenifts
Cons
good life and work balance, good processes in place and provided me with a wide range of career opportunities and progression and development, own diary management and time of work. developed a lot of skills enabling me to develop my personal career in the training industry. There was no hard parts of the Job and this was due to the training and development opportunities I was provided with through out my job roles with in this company.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Exactly as the title states, if you want to get anywhere withing the company then your face has to fit and you have to be prepared to get your nose nice and brown!
understandable people and management are giving you more independence. Colleagues were friendly, management experienced and listens to staff ideas, nice
Very Interesting place to work. Nice people. Shame about everything else. No properly process. Low Bonus and have to fight for work already done. Work like a dog for pennies
There is nothing to commend this company. I was treated appallingly by my line manager and they were trying to sell apprenticeships without apprenticeship vacancies. This is not what I, or any reasonable person would view as best practice.
Pros
Cons
Appalling management
not interesting a place to work there is no fairness or policy consistency, employees are judged by who they are, and not by what they can do. everyone works from their own template.
Pros
self management
Cons
unfair treatment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve Learning & Employment. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9