Interserve Healthcare

Interserve Healthcare Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Healthcare Assistant13 reviews
United Kingdom13 reviews
Nice when independent
This is a decent company to work for around life though if you were looking for a full time sallery as a HCA your not going to get it. The management are nice but can be a bit cliqueesh. No chances for development other than more training.
Very happy
I loved working for interserve it was a lovely company to work for and the staff were really nice and helped in everyday thankyou Debbie simms. The training was of a high standard and l working there
Shambles
The whole service is in shambles. Managers don't know a thing about the care industry or how to run it. staff are seen and not heard. clients are never put first under any circumstances. money orientated. office useless its like talking to a brick wall. not paid correctly. training rushed. no progression. either worked like a horse or left with no work for months. called non stop to cover shifts with no consideration of the time or if you have just done a night shift. lied to by managers about situations with packages for no reason at all. confidentiality is not a thing with this company. Do not waste your time with this company.
Struggling to find anything positive!
Do yourself a favour, and go for a nice walk along the seafront, potter through the Lanes, but if you value your sanity, and have a good work ethic, walk past this company.
The money is good, but money isnt everything.

They will bleed you dry, whist working you into the ground.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Shockingly bad management; poor work culture; long hours.
No hours
No hours you don't get enough hours to earn a living and fall into debts and the pay is not good for all the travelling you must to do you don't get paid for travelling from say Manchester to Bolton
Pros
Cons
No hours unfair pick and choose who they want to give hours to
productive
when the work is available its good but when its not available its bad and can leave you in financial difficulty the staff and management are great, the hardest part of the job is not knowing what your going into.
Pros
good team
Cons
not enough hours
its an agency
Interserve is an agency so, do not expect anything more than what most agencies will provide.

There are several branches, I worked for the Nottingham branch, so this review will be based on that.

Training provided is basic and is not paid for but you will be expected to travel to attend.

Rates of pay are better than most agencies however, hours can be very unpredictable, such as 40+ hours one week, none the next.

the Nottingham branch is slow, it takes a long time for anything to process, it took almost 3 months from my application being processed to starting the training.

would recommend as a job for those not looking for full time work or just want to bulk up existing work.
Pros
good wages
Cons
hours unpredicatable, slow to get going
Great place to work for
Love working at interserve healthcare,great staff who are always ready to help you.Fantastic training and good opportunities to.progress your career..
renal technician / healthcare assistant
my work has dipped from time to time but isn't that with any agency. i work for rochdale branch, have a good relationship with the consultants. worked for the company for over 4 years. they will upskill you if they see the potential in you. overall i can't complain otherwise i wouldn't have lasted the last four years.
just make sure you hand your timesheets on time :-)
Pros
weekly pay, invest in you
Cons
travelling
Productive working place
Very good place and interactive with staff . I work long hours and travel to patients houses it is a very good and always tries their best to make their staff content about the jobs . They offer a variety jobs with different clients dealing
Productive & fun workplace.
My typical day at work is always having jovial colleagues,patients ]or clients whom mostly make the day feel relaxing & good environment to want to carry out[ your duties.I've learnt that life is what one makes of it & above all it pays to be kind,caring & loving to others cause might never know what awaits them in future plus its really a good sign & a great deal having to put a smile on someones face cause you never know what changes that might make in their life.Interserve is one of the best company ive ever worked with,the management & colleagues are fantastic & helpfull.
The hardest part of the job is when you have to work with a client whose not willing to be cooperative,or worst of all verbally abusive or physically aggressive.

The most enjoyable part of my job has always been being able to put a smile on my clients faces,treating them with respect & giving them a sense of belonging.Koniwng that i've made a positive impact in their lives makes me feel more satisfied & contented with my job.
Pros
Free yearly online & face to face training.
Cons
Long hours.
Bad company
I worked for this company when it was called Advantage it was good and I was very happy until the management decided to give me a unfair dismissal due to having a car accident that was not even my fault. Some how I felt as if i was being discriminated.

The company is unfair and the management are ungrateful. I will never forget how they treated me after putting my full efforts into this company and after everything I did for them, they treated me like so bad.

They use and abuse you.
Pros
Cons
Management are not professionals and Lack of knowledge on the equality
fantastic!
Very friendly environment. Staff very helpful. excellent opportunities and a varied range of roles. Training given I would recommend Interserve.
Pros
always work available
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6