International Procurement & Logistics Ltd Employee Reviews

No good place to work
Wear house (Former Employee) –  Wittelsey18 December 2019
No good factory and very bad managers just give good job only for friends and family the rest no thing.no respect no people speak English.mangers just care about his friends and family if you have problems with some one all will give you problems.i have long time working think will get better but no any good from manger just see all his friends.
Supporting my line leader (Current Employee) –  Normanton29 November 2019
IPL is one of the best fruit&vegetable company in UK if it's not the best one in the market.

Working in this company can give you assurance in your life, experience, challenge, new opportunity and new outlook .
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Kent26 November 2019
Only number not human long hours on feet managed didn’t care about you to many managers of managers! Best part fas finished my shift and take off safty shoes!
Decent
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire7 November 2019
A good place to work but there is not an opportunity for me due to the fact that my education area is completely different.
By the way that is the reason that I would like to leave.
Don't even start. You will regret it!
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne, Kent31 October 2019
Awful, awful place to work. I cannot find the words to say how bad it is to work here.
The stress, the physical pain, the mental boredom. Long long hours in the cold and the legal minimum of breaks.
Every every second of your day is counted. Big screens above your stations relay second by second of what you are doing. I didn't have time to go to the toilet. I have never hated t work somewhere more. Please, save yourself. Your health and happiness are worth so much more than this. .
Would work there under improved management
Key Operative, machine minder line leader (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne, Kent31 October 2019
Work was physically demanding and takes a toll as a male key operative. They divide key operatives into "Heavy's" or "Lights" which basically indicates the sort of lifting you will be doing, heavy workers should be paid more than the lights for the heavier work. Heavys are 99% males but you will occasionally see a female heavy. There is no real progression within the company, you may get trained in multiple positions but not contracted for anything else leaving you wondering why you took the training in the first place, if your Face fits is generally the best way to understand how management works at IPL.
Avoid at all costs
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Rainham, Kent7 September 2019
Worked for this company for many years and seen the poor changes that have made, management is very poor they couldn't run a bath don't care about people's problems or issues, you work 12 hours aday will 2 half hour breaks I get that now working 8 hours aday, please avoid IPL better looking else where......... Seriously .
There adverts should come with a health warning.
Pros
Cons
Many
Workersok english speaking but majority polish workers who dont speak english that welk tend to be swearing at each breath
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Normanton29 August 2019
First agency was ok they gave me shift work and a yr later new agency came favoured polish workers somexworkers doing overtime 7 nights whilst I could not get back to my shift even though I told the agency they ignored after a few weeks I left
Cons
12 hr shift. 4 nights then 4 days rotating shift when i had my shift
productive and active work place
Key Operative (Current Employee) –  spadelane21 August 2019
Typical day at work is always productive. I learn to packing fruits. Management is thinking always how to improve business. Workplace must be clean and safety. The hardest part of job is long day work (12h per day). We work 4 days and 4 days off
Cons
Good working environment, senior management good , although can be held back by head office .
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Snetterton, Norfolk2 August 2019
Enjoyed my time at IPL , moving in right direction , although further investment needed in maintaining plant . People
Great and engaged . Would recommend working for IPL.
productive place to work
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  packhouse1 August 2019
oct2011 to present
was a good place to work
there are opportunities to progress if your young enough
12 hours shifts days and nights
staff are good to work with
n/a
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire20 July 2019
Very busy, heavy workload not balanced between team members very well so some people are overloaded while others are quieter.
Learned lots of skills especially on excel.
Totally avoid, as it may be detrimental to your health!!!
What ever they had me doing (Former Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire7 June 2019
Managers would say one thing and then deny ever saying it. No personal integrity at all. Inabilities to pay their staff correctly as they didn’t do their paperwork correctly and then swear blind it wasn’t them who’d made the mistake. It would then take months and months to resolve. A blame culture was instigated by management, definitely not leading by example. I would go as far to say I was singled out and bullied, humiliated, intimidated then ultimately suffered mental health episodes which were totally detrimental to my wellbeing and I had no other choice but to leave the company. THIS IS NOT A COMPANY I WOULD RECOMMEND ANYONE WORK FOR.
Pros
Cons
Detrimental to health
Miserable, cold, poor management.
Machine minder (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne, Kent25 March 2019
Awful place to work.
Office staff treated better than shop floor staff. They often look out the windows down at us working like it's a zoo or something.
Poor pay for extremely hard work. Upper management never happy, only ever hear criticisms. We have doubled productivity and our pay as not gone up, and all the managers just complain that it's still not good enough.
Breaks not enough for 12hr shifts in the cold, standing on your feet all day, doing repetitive work.
They say, talk to ambassadors if you have something you want to say, well that doesn't work. We can't even get a new bench out side, you thing they will listen about anything else?
Turnover of staff is high, no one is happy. They don't care. They will just hire some other poor person who just needs money, like we all do.
Definitely modern day slavery.
Only way to work your way up is to sleep with management or be a sniveling yes man.
Pros
I need money, i get paid on time. Tiny bonus for working very hard.
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, repetitive tasks, cold, poor breaks, us and them with office and shop floor, poor management, slave driving upper management, rude middle and upper management. Boring.
Step Up Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rainham, Kent24 January 2019
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire24 January 2019
A great place to were ? Not so much.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Rainham7 January 2019
A real 'Them and us' attitude towards the shop floor colleagues from most of the management. If your face fits you get on regardless of skill set, and if you're in a relationship with one of the managers you'll be working in the upstairs office in no time !. Good managers leave, the yes men stay. COULD be a good place to work with the right people in charge.
Official response from International Procurement & Logistics Ltd
16 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate all feedback.

We strive to ensure that all of our colleagues have a positive experience when working at IPL and we would like to make this right with you. We welcome and encourage all our colleagues to speak out to raise any concerns they may have in order for the company to address and make continuous ongoing improvements. I would encourage you to get in touch with your local People team representative so your feedback and frustrations can be addressed. You can also speak to our colleague Ambassadors who can raise any concerns to our Senior Leadership Team.

Zero stars
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Rainham1 January 2019
I worked there 3 years. I should not have been there for a moment. Avoid from this company at all costs. This company so bad it's destroyed my full body and my mental health. Just one word is disgusting. Promises and lies all day. You will treat like a slave. Only way you can step up in a better position if you have a friend in the office. If you honest, hard working and don't like injustice avoid.
Pros
Trainings but nothing else
Cons
Bad management, low salary, long hours, dishonest people, treat like a slave
Official response from International Procurement & Logistics Ltd
11 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate all feedback. We strive to ensure that all of our colleagues have a positive experience when working at IPL.. We welcome all of our colleagues to speak out to raise any concerns they may have in order for the company to address and make continuous ongoing improvements. We encourage our colleagues to speak with their local People team representatives so that feedback and frustrations can be addressed. Colleagues can also speak to our colleague Ambassadors who can raise any concerns to our Senior Leadership Team.

Avoid
Production operative (Former Employee) –  Normanton28 November 2018
Poor management, constant changes, multicultural place. Everyone knows that they are just a numbers in this company. Different reality in office - perks, bonuses... etc
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough10 November 2018
normal warehouse to work for , not a lot of people know english , transport from peterborough cost ££, need to work hard to earn £££, be careful if you work..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Procurement & Logistics Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.