InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews in London

London38 reviews
I worked here for some years and loved my colleagues. I eventually had to leave as new opportunities arose. You will definitely have a great experience as you will meet many people from different cultures from different walks of life.
I had a bad experience personally as I was used to cover my manager when he left, they did not promote me but instead hired someone above me for which I had to train! Poor!
I was unable to fully familiarize myself with the entire hotel system because of my short stay at this hotel. Hsk team was friendly.and kind.Good experience.
Great business to work in as they are very people-focused. There is a high level of trust and you have flexible working which is treated with respect across the organisation.
Great place to work in
Friendly staff and management

Really big and nice place to work for never had any complaints

Get good tips wherever you work

Good public transport
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
During my time at the hotel, I was offered two promotions and was awarded the 'Employee of the quarter' award.
Management values good employees and are responsive in ensuring that they keep them.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Inflexible hours including night sifts
IHG is a great corporate company: promote personal development and allow you to move around the different departments.

The company allows work flexible working hours to suit your needs e.g. school drop off/pick ups.
Job for Intercontinental was one of the best experience in life I had. This is to do with huge amount of people I met while working in this five star Hotel.
I have learned a lot about people and their cultures.

I have worked closely with different kind of people and improved my leanguge skills as well as team leadership.
I've been working in the loading bay. Inspected and took over the incoming goods, dealt with chefs and department heads if required. Delivered the food to the relevant fridge/dry-store/kitchen. It was exhausting to be honest, but worth it. In a position like this you can really learn the value of money :)
Too much work in so little time .Even if you do your job good,your supervisor will definitely find out some mistakes and will turn you around to fix them every time,no matter how insignificant they are.
You may find yourself in the situation that you don't have a cart,or cleaning products if you are late.

The good part was the cafeteria. The food was very good and also free.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor supervising
A varied role . Felt part of a big international team. The company cared for it's staff. No one day was the same.Good benefits.Opportunity to progress in to senior roles
One of the biggest hotel chain, it really helped me to build up my personal skills with customers and managing the staff. working in a busy environment with great managers and great Team
I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (More than 10 years)
Pros

Career opportunities, both domestic and international are incredible. IHG has a very clear purpose and bold ambitions, underpinned by the strong culture of a responsible and trustworthy business - both for employees, guests and owners. The employee culture promises 'Room to be Yourself' - recognition, growth, collaboration etc. which like all the best things at IHG, came from employees. In hotels and at corporate …

Cons

The company has historically been risk averse and in some respects slow to change, however there is a genuine ambition and momentum to becoming more agile and to simply make things easier to get done.

Advice to Management

As IHG accelerates its growth and strives to become more agile, keep the employees at the heart of change.
Taking orders from the guests
Serving them in the room

The hardest part of the job is to lift and move the heavy equipments and running with the orders most of the time

The most enjoyable part is the team and the 5 star hotel
my day starts with a meeting of the previous day workload approval and the mistakes made, followed by the present-day assignment and areas where emphasis should be laid.
The hotel is very beautiful but the work is not glamorous. There is a lot of pressure on getting a large amount of work done in a small amount of time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Tight time scales
Mucho trabajo y poco sueldo. Trabajar en hotel es una ilusion.
Pros
Cadena Internacional de Hotels
Cons
subcontratado
Expanding and international organisations. Travel and exposure opportunities great and great leadership team.

Great work culture, limited relocation opportunities for an international organisation.
Holiday Inns hotels was the start of my career in the hotel industry and I was able to learn my trade to a high standard and grow my career in the direction I wanted.
Pros
Career opportunity
Cons
lovely workplace to be in. A lot of potential to build up clientele.
Lovely girls to work with too. Good management. Overall good job security and the company look after you. good benefits too!
Pros
free meals, uniform provided, tips
Cons
Es una cadena de gran hoteles de lujo interncaionalmente conocida. Trabaje como responsable de un piso de apartamentos donde tendria mas de 50 habitaciones en cada piso numa finca de 7 pisos. Aprendi muichisimo de como tratar a los hóspedes, la equipe de trabajo, y siempre necesitando de ayuda un de lo otro.
Cons
No era contratado diretamente del hotel, no tenia vision de crecimiento
Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2