InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Found 124 reviews matching the search See all 2,453 reviews
Poor Management
manager (Former Employee) –  Denham24 January 2019
great variety in culture between departments. poor management. good benefits and in general nice team. an interesting place to work, just a shame about the poor management.
Great opportunity for growth
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK20 December 2018
During my time at the hotel, I was offered two promotions and was awarded the 'Employee of the quarter' award.
Management values good employees and are responsive in ensuring that they keep them.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Inflexible hours including night sifts
Great culture
Executive (Former Employee) –  London12 November 2018
IHG is a great corporate company: promote personal development and allow you to move around the different departments.

The company allows work flexible working hours to suit your needs e.g. school drop off/pick ups.
Principal Hotel York
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Principal York19 October 2018
Principal Hotel York

Do not let the change of owners mislead you on the actual rating of working for this company. The Principal York is a horrible company to work for.

They treat their bottom of the line employees as disposable robots. If 10 hour shifts with half an hour breaks on minimum wage are what you are looking for, then look no further.

The staff lunches provided are usually left over food from private events.

Management try their hardest but the shortage in staff mean they are ran ragged and cannot help their staff.

There is no work life balance, being called in on your days off, working split and double shifts etc.

Senior management care only about profit and how the company looks on tripadvisor etc, they do not care about their staff's welfare and wellbeing.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, minimum wage, bad work/life balance
Great company to work for
Corporate Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Branston17 October 2018
Brilliant company to work for, great atmosphere, look after employees really well, always something fun going on. Its like working for a big family. Good work/life balance
Pros
Benefits, great environment
Cons
Difficult to move up ladder in some areas within the company
I'd love work for them again
FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  青岛市6 September 2018
Learnt so much working for the brand who are dedicated to meeting their promises.

The training was never 2 days the same. A lot to take in and full of responsibility.
Pros
free accommodation in China
Cons
low pay
Productive and full of positive energy place
Manager for intercontinental at Park Lane (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2018
Job for Intercontinental was one of the best experience in life I had. This is to do with huge amount of people I met while working in this five star Hotel.
I have learned a lot about people and their cultures.
I have worked closely with different kind of people and improved my leanguge skills as well as team leadership.
We all have to start somewhere :)
Logistics assistant (Former Employee) –  London31 July 2018
I've been working in the loading bay. Inspected and took over the incoming goods, dealt with chefs and department heads if required. Delivered the food to the relevant fridge/dry-store/kitchen. It was exhausting to be honest, but worth it. In a position like this you can really learn the value of money :)
productive and fun workplace
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwich Station20 June 2018
it is a good place and it enabled me to gain some experience in different field of work. in my opinion, i believe that the intercontinental hotel is a fun workplace with each day being different
Pros
free lunch
hard work place
Room Service Waitress (Former Employee) –  London Colney, Hertfordshire26 April 2018
It was hard work, special then its busy day. good staff great clients was in dear. it was realy long time ago so it was pleasure work with them. i worked in dear just couple week
Pros
good food
Cons
easy work as a young man
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Denham, Buckinghamshire25 April 2018
Really enjoyable place to work, positive culture, actively encourages development and provides opportunities to work across many areas with a variety of colleagues.
Poor management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 April 2018
Too much work in so little time .Even if you do your job good,your supervisor will definitely find out some mistakes and will turn you around to fix them every time,no matter how insignificant they are.
You may find yourself in the situation that you don't have a cart,or cleaning products if you are late.
The good part was the cafeteria. The food was very good and also free.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor supervising
Fun workplace
WAITER (Former Employee) –  Waiter8 March 2018
Really great hotel with managers that show you what to do and help you progress your skills. Brilliant atmosphere to work with friendly staff members that will help you with your work loads.
Brilliant place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands5 March 2018
Wonderful staff. Management always there if any problems arise. Brilliant incentives and bonus with great gifts. Staff discounts on hotels and food.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
None.
Fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 March 2018
A varied role . Felt part of a big international team. The company cared for it's staff. No one day was the same.Good benefits.Opportunity to progress in to senior roles
Fun place to work
Waiter/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ilfov28 January 2018
I really enjoyed to work here because I could expand my horizons,learn more about people culture and custom and you never know who you gonna meet next day
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor payment
great company and culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denham, Buckinghamshire16 January 2018
one of the best corporate environments I have worked with; professional yet friendly; interesting colleagues; they do a lot for staff ; always something going on.
Pros
great in house gym; hotel discounts
Cons
salaries could be a bit better but generally good employee benefits
perfect place to work, utilised all skills, ctreated learning and development
Reservation Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brierley Hill15 January 2018
I was made redundant at IHG, this being the reason I am looking for work. I was chosen to learn and mentor our new centre which relocated to Lisbon and was proud to be chosen as an ambassador for IHG,

My job involved sales skills, building rapport with clients and reaching targets and working to KPI's.

My management team were amazing at keeping everyone motivated and were excellent in providing incentives and rewards for working to the IHG winning ways.

The company provided learning and development throughout the ten years of working there. Therefore never getting bored and making going to work a positive and enjoyable experience. Also providing shifts to create a perfect work life balance event though evenings and week end working were compulsory.

I learned how to mentor and motivate other team members. I did various harvard e learning courses including spanish, working with numbers, management psychology. We could chose whatever subject we wanted to do and an hour each week to do so if we wanted to.

The only hard part of the job probably was letting my mangemnt know of people who consistently under perfoming as they were my friends and colleagues, however it was all done confidentially and handled well, which made a little less tough.
Pros
Pick your own shift patters, paid breaks, excellent benefits and incentives
Great emplyee satisfaction
DCM Team (Former Employee) –  Denham9 January 2018
All employees are happy to work for IHG. They help to progress their emplyees through training and support. There are seminars and training available to help educate and develop knowledge base. The work life balance is excellent and rewards make working for IHG Great
Reservation Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill, West Midlands24 December 2017
I loved talking to people from all over the world. Fantastic colleagues but the culture was not very flexible for the 'foot soldiers'. Excellent training team.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the repetitive nature of call centre work.
Pros
Fam trips - these were great fun.
Cons
No flexibility when you had problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2