InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom142 reviews
Collaborative and friendly culture
A great company with fantastic people. The culture is very collaborative and they place a big focus on getting the right "fit" of person. Good benefits. Would recommend,
Not bad
Wouldn’t work there again. Staff pick and choose how they wish to treat you depending on what they want done.
You’re denied many holidays without explanation and if your not in some form of high position your opinion doesn’t get accounted for.
• Training staff on new housekeeping functions, techniques, efficiencies
Ensuring high standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness
• Maintain supply levels of housekeeping bases and trolleys

• Supervising daily task of cleaning – rooms, bathrooms, corridors, public areas

• Training staff on new housekeeping functions, techniques, efficiencies
Culturally dynamic environment
I worked here for some years and loved my colleagues. I eventually had to leave as new opportunities arose. You will definitely have a great experience as you will meet many people from different cultures from different walks of life.
Avoid
They use far too many agency staff and management are often clueless and have toxic people at the top who don’t listen or care about your career. Standards and expectations are too high vs the support they give you to carry out your duties, even as a head of department.
Good company.
I had a bad experience personally as I was used to cover my manager when he left, they did not promote me but instead hired someone above me for which I had to train! Poor!
An amazing place to work with fantastic second to none training and support
Great place great people and great trading with strong work life balance ethics. Very stressful at times but so are most places you work in todays environment
N/a
Okay for a first job not what you expect but if you like waitering and catering then go for it.
Wouldn’t recommend staying more than 7/8 months can be stressful can be tiring as it is odd hours
Productive and fun workplace.
I was unable to fully familiarize myself with the entire hotel system because of my short stay at this hotel. Hsk team was friendly.and kind.Good experience.
Terrible work culture
I worked at the Principal and wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. There is more agency staff running around than actual hotel staff- and that situation is in every single department and top management seems to be completely clueless to what a struggle it is to keep every day operations going. Most of the staff I came across are very negative about their jobs, it’s no fun to work there. Money is tempting but not worth it- trust me!
People focused organisation
Great business to work in as they are very people-focused. There is a high level of trust and you have flexible working which is treated with respect across the organisation.
You won't get paid for your work.
If you expect to get paid for the job you do, do not work here. 2 months after I left I'm still waiting to get paid for my work.
They keep saying tomorrow.
Pros
Cons
The payroll department
Truly terrible place to work at as an agency temp
The so-called events "manager" from Bulgaria (who obviously has no formal training or previous experience of managing people and is completely not qualified for her job) treated me terrible and spoke down at me all the time and so did the bar cashier (a girl who btw kept saying that she is getting promoted to the sales department and that she doesn't belong behind a bar anymore) who by the way did not help at all to serve drinks on the basis that she is allergic to strawberry alcohol, so I really don't understand why they placed her behind a bar since it's not suitable for her needs, putting extra pressure on the rest of us to cover for her, especially when I was alone behind the bar with her and she was not helping me at all. They both lied about me and gave bad feedback to my agency, based on lies. They also cancelled my shifts on short notice and without any feedback on my face, just lies behind my back. Absolutely terrible place to work at as an agency worker. I advise anyone strongly AGAINST working in the F&B department of the George, both as a temp agency worker or a permanent. These people in management/supervisor positions only benefit their small group of close friends and disadvantage everyone else, acting as if the business belongs to them.
Awful bureaucratic
The nice office is just a bravado. The CoE is just another shared business centre and the head of the function just cannot seem to retain talent due to them expecting 15x and paying -6y. The benefits aren't as good as they seem as you're only going to be able to benefit at manager level.
Great opportunities
The company values its staff and actively promotes internal moves. Employee welfare is very strong and work/life balance is easy to manage. The benefits to staff are very generous.
Pros
Employee rate at hotels
Cons
Current office location is not in central London
Fun big workplace
Great place to work in
Friendly staff and management

Really big and nice place to work for never had any complaints

Get good tips wherever you work

Good public transport
Pros
Free lunch
Good Work Culture
I worked at IHG for 16 years in various roles within the IT team. In all that tie I always had good relationships with my colleagues and line management and a good culture of hard work and respect was always maintained.
Pros
Good staff restaurant food, work from home options.
Fun place
A good place to work. It has an extensive level of the training process for individuals to learn and grow. Employee rate benefit is the best perk working for IHG.
Knowledge of Handling Customer and also collegues
Cashier at Cafeteria, Guide the guest to table, listen queries of guest about food and cafeteria mangement and shortout them.
excellent management.

Very happy and joyfull workplace culture.

To have guest from all corner of the world.
Poor Management
great variety in culture between departments. poor management. good benefits and in general nice team. an interesting place to work, just a shame about the poor management.
Great opportunity for growth
During my time at the hotel, I was offered two promotions and was awarded the 'Employee of the quarter' award.
Management values good employees and are responsive in ensuring that they keep them.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Inflexible hours including night sifts
Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K