Intercity Technology

Intercity Technology Employee Reviews

Intercity is a great place to work, with a fantastic culture and excellent career development. It is a family owned business with a real focus on its values and customers (NPS +50). It is a really exciting time to be part of Intercity as we look to cement our position as a technology solutions provider of choice for our customers across a number of different sectors and product areas. The business has ambitious growth aspirations and I am particularly keen to be a part of the journey. Positive cash reserves and no external debt, means that we have an extremely stable base from which to support the business and fuel the ambitious growth plans we have for the future.
Pros
Career development, customer service, excellent products, fantastic values, culture, socials
Cons
Perhaps we may be too accepting of some of the negativity
Very collaborative team-centric. Masses to do but you feel like everyone is pushing in the same direction. Each day will skip through multiple challenges with different parts of the business at a fast pace. Frustrating everything cannot be resourced but lot's of laughs as people learn together. Management are very involved with people across the business.
Pros
We are in it together culture and here to help customers
Cons
Not as well known as some so a real Challenger now but future leader
Every day is different which keeps things exciting. My line manager is incredibly supportive. Great progression opportunities for motivated employees who are looking to take on a new challenge. Intercity really make an effort to recognise individuals that go above and beyond, and live the Intercity values. Intercity constantly take colleague feedback into consideration when making decisions which is really refreshing. And the social events are great fun!
Pros
The people, social events, progression opportunities
The facts don't lie - Employee engagement scores are very high, way above average. Same for Customer satisfaction, also very high & well above competitors. Family business that really wants to look after you, be flexible & reward good performers. Lots have been with Intercity for many years & most received promotions. One of the only technology companies not to furlough any staff. The culture is great - lots of social events, always trying to listen & do what the staff want (social committee is made up of the employees, not management).
Pros
Culture, financial strength, opportunities to progress
Only been with intercity for 4+ months now and this is easily the best place I have worked for both in the day job role (correct combination and setup of the management and support structure), and the way the company try and look after the staff both whilst at work and socially out of hours. Having several business revenue streams is also good as you are not relying just one as your main income into the business. Overall though, great place to work, great camaraderie amongst colleagues and supporting & developing some leading edge IT products and services.
Pros
Great place to work, very friendly staff, latest technology used
Cons
No two days are the same at intercity, its a Beautiful office with lovely people! excellent employee benefits and internal progression. a Great place to work to learn and gain key skills.
Really enjoy getting the opportunity to work with so many different people and teams. It's very encouraging to have a manager and a business that are very supportive of my development and career aspirations and it may sound cliched but it really is the people that make working at Intercity what it is. Really good collaboration and team spirit.
Pros
Really supportive of colleague development
Cons
N/a
my duties were easy to carry out because the building was pretty much empty so i was able mop,dust, wipe and vacuum my designated area with no interuptions.
Usually, they say rule of three but I'm going for four words here, Intercity Technology so far has been very supportive in my early days - induction was structured very well, and everyone at the organization is very happy and welcoming. Obviously being a technology business, the office equipment is up-to-date and as a business, they are very open to ideas and suggestions to make the working life better. Look forward to creating my career here at Intercity Technology. Would recommend to a friend!
- Every day I have the opportunity to work with the best team, everyone is friendly and helpful. - We're undergoing a big transformation at the moment and I am very excited about the future. - My manager is supportive and invested in my future. - We have lots of social events that celebrate our success and make it a good environment to work in.
Pros
The people, focus on development, benefits and socials
Cons
Refurb of the Birmingham Office has been disruptive at times (but the end is in sight, and we'll have a better office!)
There is no leadership, no structure, no decent TRAINING just half an in a class or on a phone every 3 months. Intercity try to present itself as a serious managed services organisation, they are not. You just have to ask other organisations about intercity. The pay is insufficient unless you're a manager,overall intercity are a good company to join as a first job. Its a stepping stone job however if you have experience then go elsewhere because you will be very disappointed if you join intercity. There was hardly any training, plus I've never seen a company with so many unhappy customers and staff. Account managers do not manage their accounts, only good thing is you get free sweets on a Friday.
Pros
It's a laugh, even the management don't really care.
Cons
Very toxic environment, lack of leadership and lack of training or career prospects.
The company is a good company to work for with its yearly social events including Xmas and a pub quiz. There are many target driven awards with awards towards each individuals and departments. The staff are a good social group, They have a work hard, play hard ethic. Overall as a company it is worth working for. The downside is that there is only a 30 mins lunch break with the surrounding area consisting of other businesses so it can be hard to find food nearby, many staff would eat at there desks and end up working without taking a break. The department I was located, was difficult at times to get further support from the manufacturers, there was no real support for the VoIP engineers, no manuals or training programme for proprietary IP PBX system. There was no overtime pay considered for the field engineers who most of the time do long hours including travelling at long distances and get paid for the standard 8hrs Pool sharing 2x vans between mulitiple engineers has its problems as well. There was no thought for assigning personal vans to each field engineer and tools initially were shared between the engineers with missing tools. Recommended tools were not considered. All in all, the company is worth working for but for the engineer department alot can be improved.
Pros
Good social group, work hard, play hard ethic
Cons
30 mins lunch, no real support for VoIP engineers, no manuals or training programme for proprietary IP PBX system, no overtime pay, shared pool van for mulitiple engineers