Integrated Care 24 Ltd

Integrated Care 24 Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews
Brighton
On the whole the company comes over as being supporting. But that is lip service. It’s a bullying culture. Always expected to do more and more’ long hours doesn’t reflect pay. If your not a yes person your out.
7 May 2020
Thank you for your review. We are concerned to hear that you believe there to be a bullying culture, as that is not something we recognise. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these concerns further. You can contact us at peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
Fantastic environment
This is a very rewarding company to work for. The work is varied and relatively fast paced but always interesting. There is great rapport between the staff and management
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoy working for IC24.
Good opportunities to develop
IC24 are good at developing people, and do try to promote from within. If you're on the look out for the opportunities they are there - training, distance learning courses, online learning, apprenticeships, bursaries, secondments - the thing is you might have to spot those for yourself and push for them. Day-to-day in the contact centres can be fast-paced and stressful at times, and it can seem like all you do is take calls, but if you find & utilise those opportunities to specialise and progress, then much more is possible.
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You’re right in that we have lots of opportunities for our people to learn and develop, and we have many people within different departments whose careers began in our contact centres. We hope you continue to enjoy working for us!
Great for Development
This is a company that I absolutely love working for and find the job very rewarding. I can honestly say I look forward to waking up and going in to work each day, which is something I have never been able to say about a job before! The opportunity for progression is the best anywhere I have been. Every day you are faced with a fresh challenge which means no two days are ever the same. The working environment is large and open, with vending machines and seating areas. All of my colleagues are the nicest people too! Would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
NHS Pension, increase in Annual Leave for Long Service, competitive rates of pay
Cons
The car park can get busy
6 April 2020
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you love working for IC24! As you’ll know we are continually looking at ways that we can improve the working environment of our offices, and this should only make IC24 an even better place to work.
Find something better
Worked here for many years and can agree sadly with the comments below. Can not agree with the replies suggesting open door sessions are of any benefit. Any concerns raised get pushed under the carpet. Management care about Tesco orders for staff and keeping the tuck shop stocked up but don’t care abut staff and long delays for patients. This company is not what it used to be. Change of management has made this go down the pan
Pros
Free Tesco food
Cons
As above
6 April 2020
Dear Currently Employee, we are disappointed to read your review; we certainly do not push concerns raised under the carpet. We would like to speak to you further regarding your concerns. Please get in touch with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
Used to be better
This company was great to work for when it was much smaller but it got too big for their boots. They start seeing people for if their face fit rather than for their capabilities. If your face fit then well done for staying in a work version of h*ll. That's just to the executives/management. The majority of day to day staff are lovely and should be commended. They say they care but if they did, the staff turnover wouldn't be as high. The head of people and culture needs to actually look at how her department in particular operates as they don't know what they are doing. I was treated unfairly during my last few years. The exec can talk the big talk but action speak louder than words. Go back to an approachable exec team who actually cared about the little people, I count only two of them who are actually personable and it isn't the people and culture team.
16 March 2020
Dear Anonymous,
We are really disappointed to read your review.

The People and Culture team and the Exec are committed to improving the employee experience in a busy and challenging environment; we're on a journey, just as the organisation is and we realise that change can be hard for individuals. We are sorry to hear how you felt but hope you are happy with whatever you are doing now. If you would find a conversation helpful, please feel free to get in touch with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
Stressful
Working as a receptionist with no clinical cover is not fun. No enhanced pay for working in the evenings. I have to phone people and advise to see their own doctor as we frequently have none. If you speak to the oncall management they will tell you there's nothing they can do. Staff are not valued and get no help from the managers . As front line staff we should have support from someone .
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
No clinical cover
20 February 2020
Dear Current Employee,

We would encourage you to speak to your Manager regarding your concerns or alternatively you can make contact with the People and Culture team. We would also be happy to update you on how we manage clinical cover across our localities, and the escalation process to the Service Delivery Manager or Operations Manager (as well as management on call arrangements). Please do get in touch.
Time to leave here
Sheer volume of calls, not enough staff, all worked to the bone, no clinicians and long waits when patients have been triaged , Working here for many years and now the management focuses only on the facts and figures. Agency staff get better breaks than us and treated in a better way. If you are given negative feedback then they will push you out of the door. Everyone is leaving and looking for other jobs because it wis so bad - no one cares about you you are just a number.
Pros
Your work colleagues
20 February 2020
Dear Current Employee,
We care very much about our colleagues and are sorry to hear you don’t agree. Have you raised any concerns with your line manager or at our CEO open door sessions?

If not please do so in the first instance or get in touch with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
Challenging, rewarding, fulfilling
I’ve worked for a number of companies and IC24 is undoubtedly the most fulfilling place I’ve ever worked. Full of dedicated, hard working people who support each other whilst doing demanding job roles. I enjoy myself at work and feel that most managers try to be good to their teams within a pressurised environment. They don’t always get it perfectly right but intentions are good, and it’s going in the right direction
10 February 2020
Dear Current Employee, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoy working here.
The ship has sunk
Have been working here for many years and it once was a fab place to work. Change of management has sunk the ship that ic24 sails. Management only interested in facts and figures. Regular issues with pay and then not paid correctly if overtime has been worked. Bombarded by text messages seeking overtime
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Parking
Dear Current Employee,

We are disappointed to read your review, as we are continually working to make our employees’ time with IC24 fun and rewarding. Please get in touch with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk as we would like to understand your feedback and how we can support you.
Good
Enjoyable, fast paced environment. No two shifts are ever the same.
High quality learning.

Trainers are exceptional.

Team are all lovely to work with
4 February 2020
Dear Current Employee, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear your feedback.
What a change
Having worked here for years I’ve seen the change , all the staff are leaving as they have no support . We can’t go to the toilet without been chased around. They really need to look at the problems in the out of hours as there are never any clinicians working ,and long waits are the normal for patients. Whilst we have to endure the patients calling back time after time and we know there are no doctors working .
Dear Current Employee,

We are disappointed to read your review. Have you raised any of these issues to your line manager or at our CEO open door sessions? Perhaps we could arrange for you to spend some time shadowing our rota team so you can see first hand how are rotas are produced and the different skill sets we use in our services? Please get in touch with peopleandculture@IC24.nhs.uk as we would like to understand how we can support you.
A Sinking Ship
Currently working at ic24. We’ve lost 3 great managers in 3 months - says it all? Have been told there is no problem but upper management don’t listen to any issues raised. Pushed from pillar to post, no one seems to know what’s happening, everyone is being recruited on six month contract. No one of any experience now in post and we are managerless
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
As above
22 January 2020
Dear Current Employee, we would like to speak to you to understand the issues raised. Please get in touch with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk and don't forget our Chief Executive runs regular open door sessions. The next session is on the 30th January from 10-12.
Badly organised
I started working here recently and I have had minimal training for the job I’m meant to be doing ,It is really busy and it’s like the blind leading the blind. No one knows who is in charge and who to get help from .it is a Very negative experience for me . I am only working a 6 month contract , I’ll be gone before it ends .
22 January 2020
Dear Current Employee, we are disappointed to read your review. We would like to understand how we can support you. Please get in touch with the People & Culture team at peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
Read
Some good people , but also some real bad eggs . I have seen the impact that the operations manager has on their staff , the way they bully them and talk about them to other staff , despite complaints been made the organisational culture allows it to continue. High turn over of staff due to this fact. Negative environment with minimal patient care.
14 January 2020
Dear Current Employee, IC24 operate a zero tolerance policy with regards to bullying and take any allegations of such seriously. Have you reported this as per our policy? If not, we would encourage you to do so at the earliest opportunity and we will support you through the process.
Please do get in touch with the People and Culture team as we would like to understand more – peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
Don’t work here, horrible place
This is the most toxic environment I have ever worked in. I left due to extreme bullying. The staff made it difficult to do my job as I had been given a role higher than some. Management are clicky with certain staff then pull you up for petty tales. Terrible place and treat staff like dirt. Management have no idea how to manage and never had training. My advice, stay away !

higher up
14 January 2020
Dear Former Employee, we are disappointed to read your review. IC24 operate a zero tolerance policy with regards to bullying and always take allegations very seriously. We would urge anyone who felt that they were being bullied to report it so we could take immediate action. If you haven’t already completed an exit interview we would very much like to speak to you further. Please get in touch with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
Avoid at all costs
Avoid working here or applying at all costs . Your job isn’t secure and management only like you if you are a friend or ur face fits. Avoid at all costs you’d rather have a hook for a finger thanthan workworm here! Stressful shifts holiday declined management only care about figures rather than staff
Pros
Cons
Stressful no support from Management
14 January 2020
Dear Former Employee, we are disappointed to read your feedback. We very much care about our employees and are sorry to hear you don’t agree. If you haven’t already completed an exit interview we would very much like to speak to you further. Please get in touch with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
Caring and Passionate Colleagues
I worked in a project role across Norfolk and Kent, which was busy and demanding. I worked with a collaborative and supportive team who were passionate about what they did.
As a social enterprise I can see IC24 are working to make positive changes with alignment to the NHS. The Executive Team do regular live video webchats where they update the organisation on priorities which I found helpful as someone who wasn't based at head office.
Pros
Very flexible employer and supportive manager
Cons
Quite a lot of travel
20 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you had a positive experience working at IC24 and enjoyed the regular engagement from our Exec team as they kept the organisation updated on developments. Best wishes in your new role.
Gone Downhill
l have worked for the company for a lot of years but it’s never been as poorly ran.
Management is horrendous and look out for friends/relatives only. If your face fits your fine and you will be looked after.

Dont ever challenge a bad decision though as you won’t hear the last of it.

Rate of pay is poor, salary is often wrong and one month a lot of staff weren’t paid. The company tries to avoid paying staff the correct amount of holiday and sick pay. HR and Payroll provide no support but the staff turn over is high. Minimal sick pay if you are ill. Policies and procedures are interpreted differently by each manager. Communication within the organisation to staff is minimal. Staff are treat like idiots, you are just a number.

You can book overtime shifts but the company can cancel them or take them off you with little or no notice and not pay you.

It is an awful environment to work in - managers know this but nothing ever changes. Staff turnover within the company is very high.
Dear Former Employee,
We are disappointed to hear your feedback. We would always encourage colleagues to feedback and raise any issues whilst employed at IC24. If you haven’t already had an exit interview we would welcome the chance to speak to you. Please get in touch by emailing peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
Nothing is right
The pay is never correct and always a battle , the rota’s are always unfairly scheduled , the management are outside with the pathways advisors overnight smoking and drinking tea . Some nights there are more staff outside than inside , including people bringing their dogs to work. It’s a unhealthy environment to
Work in due to lack of managers who manage, and let the staff do as they want .
Dear Current Employee,
If you haven’t already raised your issues and concern we would encourage you to contact peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk. We look forward to speaking to you.
Emotionally draining
Pay can be incorrect and it is possible you can be paid late. This adds stress to an already difficult job. People have all been lovely management coaches and call handlers but calls from the public can be abusive, difficult and upsetting. 2.5 weeks of training full time to start is mentally exhausting. It can work for parents but theres not extra pay for over nights. If you like a social life this wont appeal
Dear Former Employee,
We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience working with former colleagues. We appreciate this is a difficult job however and you deal with a range of calls which can be challenging.