Innovative Technology Ltd Employee Reviews

Fun and Productive
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester29 August 2018
productive and challenging
I learnt how to be part of a team and also work independently.
Meeting new people and making Friends.
I was able to push myself to be more curious and ask questions
Pros
lots of help
Cons
short break
4 December 2018

Thank you for your review and giving Innovative Technology positive feedback.

It’s good to find out you found the company sociable and supportive, whilst the work was challenging.

There’s some uncertainty around your comment about having short breaks, as we offer two paid breaks per day which all employees are encouraged to take.

Thanks again for your review and all the best for the future,

Previous Employee
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester7 August 2018
Sounds like a great place to work doesn't it? Well its still a underpaying Sh**hole in the middle of oldham.
They once asked me to send some product to a Client knowing it was not working as a delay tactic. They really are cowboys.
Managers there had it easy walking around telling Everyone they were lazy. I agree with the other comments regarding mobile phones. Get a life. NO wonder you struggle to recruit.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Having to get out of bed to go there.
4 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

It’s unfortunate you want to paint Innovative Technology and Oldham in a negative light, especially as we do have state of the art offices, workshops and equipment, with our location being suitable for the almost 200 people that currently work here. We’ve also offer benchmarked salaries to be competitive in the market place and offer an excellent range of benefits to all employees.

It does sound like an unfair sweeping generalisation to suggest all managers tell all employees they were lazy. We appreciate the talented and productive individuals and teams we have here, which have all contributed to our growth and success. We also get very good feedback in our employee surveys across all departments, which are independently assessed.

Please also note that we don’t have any issues recruiting, as the Oldham head office has doubled in head count in less than three years, with 99% direct hires.

Again, thank you for your review. It’s unfortunate you feel you had a bad experience and we wish you all the best for the future.

Best regards,

Unprofessional
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester6 May 2017
Very unprofessional company to have work for. They make you work with minimum traning. Expect you to know the job within 1 week and just come down on you like a ton of bricks if anything goes wrong.

Management is so unprofessional, no job security at all. They have certain rule for management and then for normal employees. For example they claim for DPA you cannot have you phone on you but so call mangers have their phone out texting away their family and friends.

Very Unprofessional.
Pros
Flexi
4 December 2018

Thank you for your review and apologies for the delayed response, as we’ve only recently started responding to recent review on Indeed.

It’s unclear from your description which department you were in, whether you were contract or permanent and how long you were here for. As a large proportion of our team in Oldham are Engineers, Scientists and support functions such as HR, Sales and Finance, which require specific qualifications and experience, perhaps you joined us on a short term contract working with our products, which does require training in all instances due to the niche devices being dealt with. This would also explain about the limitations around mobile phone usage, as due to the machinery and busy environment it isn’t always safe for mobile phones to be at workstations.

If it is the case you felt you didn’t have enough training it’s unfortunate that you felt that way, although we get very good feedback in our employee surveys across all departments and should you have asked for help it’s highly likely that support would’ve been available.

The one positive taken from your review is the flexible working, which is available to our employees, which is part of our range of benefits is one that seems to be very much appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best,

Maintenance worker
maintenace worker (Former Employee) –  Oldham19 October 2016
I spent time in various Departments within Innovative Technology, I worked in a team and individually on various projects, maintaining the building and the grounds. I also helped in making the parts for the money converter.
I gained new skills and really enjoyed the experience.
Not good
Team leader, field service (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes17 February 2016
I was given a position with innovative
they sent me a contract to sign which I asked questions about.
I asked how expenses were to be paid and how often, if I needed PPE and despite being a field position, why a car wasn't on the contract.
the job offer was withdrawn

An un professional company who do not encourage questions
Cons
Unprofessional
great place to work
Technical Liaison and Project Champion (Current Employee) –  oldham29 March 2015
oppurtunity to progress in the company
flexible working hours
approachable management team
the work is interesting and challenging
Work Experience
Assistant electrical and mechanical engineer (Former Employee) –  Oldham, ENG4 September 2013
Had many roles during my 2 week work experience stint.
Soldering, packaging etc..
Nice place to work
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Oldham, ENG5 July 2013
A typical day at work is overall very good, I learnt a lot about electronic engineering. The management do their job well and are not there to be friends but to ensure the job is done right and on time. My co-workers were all very friendly and had a lot of banter. The hardest part of the job is the early start and the most enjoyable part is working as part of a small team.
Pros
Co- workers
Cons
Early start
All around good to work for
line assembly (Former Employee) –  Oldham4 May 2013
laid back and relaxed atmosphere, i learned a lot while only there for a short period of time, management was good and friendly, i enjoyed all of the work that was given and everyone who worked there.
Pros
overtime whenever wanted
Cons
long distance to travel by public transport and only temp work