Innovation Group Employee Reviews

Rubbish place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fareham19 October 2019
They do not care about your needs
Pay is rubbish
Weekend working
Bank holiday working
Managers are unhelpful
Huge employee turnover
Managers have their “favourites”
Worst place I've ever worked
Claims advisor (Current Employee) –  Kidderminster9 September 2019
There was no pros to this job.Often put down for making mistakes.Management so so lazy.Passing the buck all the time.Certain manager would be right out the door at 5pm ( we all know who that was )
Rest of the staff very lazy and got away with everything.The worst place I have ever worked
Lacks support from Management
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire15 August 2019
There are only a few managers that will take the time to support you in your job role. The rest will leave you to fend for yourself.
The staff are friendly and the incentives are few and far between.
Not nice place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire18 June 2019
Changing dynamics pushing all work towards 1 client meaning others get left behind. Staff are untrained and constantly battling management, leading to an HR lead environment whch is challenging. Happy to let staff go on the basis they have less than 2 years service without any reasons
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management changing the workplace dynamic daily
Great Place to work / Low Salary
Customer Service Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Southampton6 June 2019
Really enjoyable place to work. Most if not all people involved in the business are extremely helpful and friendly. However on the flip side the salary is not great and the room for progression is quite small also.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Low salary
Very busy.
Third Party Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster9 May 2019
Training not great. Some people in the team were really helpful and friendly, but not all.

Management was okay, but not outstanding. I believe this company has now folded.
Pros
Hours okay
Cons
Training not very good
Unprofessional management, No room for progression, awful pay..
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northumberland24 April 2019
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

I have no idea how some of the managers reached where they are, or the 'senior' staff for that matter. But with this company, it's clearly about who you know, and not how skilled you are.

Unbelievably unprofessional management team, gossiping/complaining about employees to other employees and failing to train their staff sufficiently.

Not given suitable training for job, then being penalised when you are unable to complete said job satisfactorily. Unrealistic KPIs and constant threats from management.

The pay is abysmal, minimum wage when you're expected to do the work of 4 people.

Just avoid this company.
Cons
Nice company and easy life
Vehicle Hire Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire20 March 2019
Lovely company, great work life balance, lots of training and good pay for admin work. Lovely team and everyone helps each other. Nice management structure.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No progression
Awful place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whiteley8 February 2019
If I could give 0 stars I would. Short and simple if you want a career With progression do not apply for this job. Management are very unprofessional. Parking was also awful if you work a late shift (12pm -21:00) there is no dedicated parking you have to park on the road.
Pros
Free fruit, tea and coffee.
Cons
To many to list.
Former HR Advisor
HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire16 January 2019
Avoid at all costs!

A unprofessional company with poor HR practices led from the top and cascaded down!

If you're thinking of applying for the HR role, prepared yourselves for a lot of covering up - the HR team are not too fussed about looking after people.

In addition, look how many staff have left the HR team in the past 12 months :)
Pros
Made some friends for life
Cons
Awful HR Team
Great work place for drainage engineer
Drainage engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 November 2018
The hours are good and there are some early finishes when/if you have completed your daily works. As the works are mostly planned at domestic properties and not reactive you are not expected to do on call which would suit a family orientated engineer. There is also overtime available should you wish to get in more hours to increase your wage - You are never docked hours for early finishes. .
The engineers work from home with the jobs being sent out via email. No micro management from the managers and you are left to your own device as long as you crack on with work.
The pay is fair and the benefit scheme is very good with lots of options to suit you personal circumstances.
As long as your reliable and honest this is a great place to work in the drainage industry.
Pros
Benifit scheme, no on call, O/T Always available, All new equipment (Rioned jetters, minicam CCTV ect)
Cons
Occassional travel to Stockport for meetings
Innovation
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster12 November 2018
Well where do I start with Innovation Group, what may start as a fantastic job doesn't last and the cracks soon start to show, making the whole of Kidderminster branch redundant and tearing apart what was once a great workforce. You could never guarantee job security and even now it has moved to Burnley I wouldn't count on it either. Higher up is so corrupt that they lie to you on how well you are doing to then saying goodbye within a matter of weeks. I loved my role and the teams in my office, I was made to feel welcome from day 1, we worked hard day in day out and pushed our way through anything that was thrown at us with no appreciation from the company. Both departments had fantastic teams and managers, we had the best operations manager you could ask for. If anything Innovation did us all a favour in giving us the chance to work elsewhere and be treated better and more appreciated so thanks for that. As it is owned by Carlyle Group, I don't hold much hope for it's future.
Pros
Worked with great people, good hours
Cons
Greedy company, always wants more and more.Poor Salary
no budget
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  Grimsby16 October 2018
At the beeches hotel which I uses to manage for the company . I asked for a budget for the hotel rooms as to which we could update them abit . As the lease holder explained this hotel to be a boutique hotel . It had stains on some carpets and 12" flat screen tv's . It was a shame as the building was lovely and had so much potential .
Rubbish company
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire8 October 2018
Worked with an awful Scottish manager who has since left, she only lasted a few months. Alot of people have left this awful company - that says it all. Pay is rubbish
but it's really not about the money. If company was great I would have been happy with the money. Soooooo glad I left. Get out while you can.
Pros
Some of the people I worked with were nice and close to the shops and good for walking
Helpful place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, Worcestershire5 October 2018
I worked for innovation whilst on a gap from my career pathway. I was awaiting legal documents to continue my job! I worked in a great team who had a good laugh but always provided high levels of work! I understood what was expected of me and always tried to do this.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Pressure
Productive and Fun Workplace
Claims Recovery Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster27 September 2018
Manage the whole department
Monthly 121s
Morning huddles and motivation sessions
Complaints
Excel Reports
Litigation Authorising
I also carried out monthly audits with Enterprise Rent A Car. I had the opportunity to visit a live Credit Hire Court Case
Pros
Fantastic Credit Hire Experience
Worst time of my life!
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire5 September 2018
The company do not know how to run a business! They treat the staff awfully and do not care about you! Pay is not good for the stress you are under! Would never recommend anyone to work here!
Cons
Good employee benefits, bad management
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Whiteley12 August 2018
Good employee benefits - extra holiday days, private medical insurance, travel insurance etc

Horrendous traffic & limited parking

No opportunities to progress. Positions are granted without formal advertisement. Only progression opportunities if your face fits with current management - no what you know, but who know.

No pay review - give false hope and talk of "yearly review" which results in no pay increases.

No canteen and some office floors are without break rooms.

Management are unqualified and lack general people skills.
Pros
Free parking, local to southampton
Cons
Bad management, bad traffic, limited parking, no pay increases, no canteen
Poor Management
Hire Agent (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire20 July 2018
management are poor, Had countless issues with maternity pay and leave. Staff are frequently employed as the company, pay and benefits are incredibly poor.
good people but not much management from the top
Claims Partner (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire14 March 2018
The teams are great and the people make the place however no pay rises and no progression and no bonus. The shifts are good and easy to get time off.... Never hear anything from CEO
Pros
good shifts
Cons
No pay progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Innovation Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Innovation Group Reviews by Location