Initial Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Store Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bromley2 July 2018
early mornings worked great around my personal life,pay wasnt great it was a job, met some wonderful people who are now lifetime friends.the experience was a feather for my cap.
Pros
people
Cons
wages
Management is poor & you are just a number
Contact Centre Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 May 2018
Call centre is full of crude talk including management and more like a playground than anything. Call centre manager downstairs bullies her staff unlike upstairs which is the better option to choose if you have the choice.
Some staff are extremely friendly and willing to help. Training is great though 6 weeks training when you first start, best training i’ve seen in any call centre.
Salary is laughable and you get promised a pay rise a lot but takes over a year to achieve, unless you work more hours.
Pros
Training is good
Cons
Poor Management
good work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Thornhill5 April 2018
enjoyed working there good, had to get there very early and clean the call center area as well as toilets. The most thing i enjoyed in the job was working overtime
Fun place to work
Customer delivery representative (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire16 February 2018
I’ve worked here for 12 years. Really great place to work. Very good management. I get on with everybody that works there. But I just need to take the next step and have a career not just a job.
All depends on routes
Driver (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside1 November 2017
All depends on your route area

Management are fun but I would like to see them empty these bins for poor wages

Job culture is fun

Incentives they do are fixed to suit certain people

Seeing blood and tampons everyday and poor pay made me leave

Can be good hours if your in with the management
Cons
Good hours
Decpetive Employing Tactics
"Service Technician" (note the air quotes) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham Washwood Heath24 August 2017
They advertise by using words to decieve you into applying. Basically your job role will be cleaning waste bins which contain used women's pads, tampons, excrement stained tissues, other filth as well including used needles. No training provided, literally thrown in the deep end and fed lies countless times daily. The pay should be significantly more than minimum wage as you're practically endangering yourself and prone to catching disease's.
Pros
Cons
Depressing, Lied to, Cleaning dirty filthy bins without proper PPE, so you're always exposed to disgusting filth.
To much work
Customer service driver (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 July 2017
If you want to work for a company who put an unrealistic amount of work onto u, then this is the company for u.

I was only there a year or so. But I take my hat of to all the drivers that have been there longer.
Pros
The other drivers
Cons
To much work on your plan to get round, Poor knowledge of the north east and roads from the team leaders, Minimum wage, Team leader talk to some employees like dirt, Made to work an hour a day extra unpaid for taking the van home (do the maths)
No comments
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2017
It is up to individual preferences. I did enjoy it, till when my health was at risk so I had to leave ... But its a good job and you are trained to carry out your job ..
factory agency
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire27 April 2017
This company provide agency workers within food production factories around Lincolnshire the work was hard and not always reliable there were times when nothing was available
Pros
flexible
Cons
unreliable
productive workplace
Labourer/Driver (Former Employee) –  steel works teeside28 January 2017
worked towards deadlines in a mechanical environment.
i learnt how to work in a team and alone well.
the hardest part of the job was working in tight areas that where very oily and greasy.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
tight deadlines
good place to work
domestic operative (Former Employee) –  Loughton18 August 2016
i liked the idea that you could use your own inthitive but also be part of a fast paced ambulance station and the people there were great to work with
Pros
meeting people
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 August 2016
Would go round and inspect that all machinery was safe and make sure no oil was pouring onto the floor.

Was shown some basic Engineering and electrical work.

Work force was a great bunch all very helpful.
management and the team were brilliant to work for. Hardest aprt of the job was the travelling.
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  North East15 November 2015
I worked as part of a cleaning team that went to different locations in the north east. The management at that time were very good, alaways knew where we were going and made sure we were up to date on health and safety issues.
good
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leyland, ENG3 November 2015
they are all good friendly people, you get to know more people and the working hours was good and also it could fit around day to day life
Nice to work for.
Site Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe, ENG30 May 2015
This position entails working both as part of a team and on my own while being

responsible for various cleaning duties to ensure that the cleanliness of our clients’

buildings reached and maintained a high standard. Adhering to COSHH regulations

while on site by using the correct protective clothing, chemicals and equipment for the

job in hand. I am also regularly entrusted with the responsibility of being the only/last

one on site and therefore locking up for the day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not always guarantee of hours
A good company
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG8 April 2015
I was very sad to leave Initial as I had enjoyed the variety of work they provided and the great relationships I experienced with their area managers and clients. I learned that I can enjoy self-satisfaction from a well done job and loved that I received regular feedback through Initial from clients which was usually positive. The best part of working for Initial was that they always praised and appreciated good work but were always ready to help if there were problems.
Pros
working for a company who cared.
Cons
not enough work
las were great to work with
Supervisor Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, ENG20 November 2014
its one of the best jobs i have ever had a great team.i was laid of due to no demand for steel,im now 61 got some aches and pains but will put my hand to anything
Pros
i could do anything i wanted
Cons
i could do the thing i wanted
productive
retail cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG10 November 2014
this was one of my fist jobs i gain experience in cleaning and using equipment but due to personal matter sadly i had to leaver
productive and fun workplace
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sellafield, ENG7 October 2014
productive and fun workplace
the job was good, good people to work for.and i got my coshh form the job
working for initial was ok there was an good company to work for
general cleaner (Former Employee) –  braintree essex4 September 2014
my job at in initial was General cleaner this was workin at braintree freeport so duties included cleaning of toilets sinks & mop of all floors & emptying of all bins one the Centre floor & litter picking
i learned many things while working for initial , using road sweeper used in a Electric floor mop
Pros
n/a