InHealth

InHealth Employee Reviews

United Kingdom89 reviews
36 hour week of which its 3 long days with the oppertunity too work some overtime. Lots of travelling which isnt ideal for young families but great for single people. Great chance to see different parts of county and work eith different people every shift as well as see how different sites work. Mainly Siemens with some GE scanners.
25 November 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience of working at InHealth! We really value the feedback :-)
Great team feel, smaller teams seem to know each other and the effort put in since lock down began to make sure everyone feels included is incredible.
Pros
Great team feel
30 July 2020
Amazing feedback! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Team work is certainly important in the workplace, and we're really glad you feel a sense of team even through the COVID-19 challenges. All the best for a long and happy career with InHealth!
Management micromanage and bully employees to hit strenuous targets.
There is little or no chance of promotion.

Key workers feel nailed to their chairs, accounting for each and every minute every day, some of my colleagues were even disciplined for being 5 minutes late doing overtime at weekends.

There is virtually no training.

Glad to leave.
Pros
cheap canteen
Cons
Everything, thoroughly awful
17 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your review – I am really sorry to hear that you feel this way and am very concerned about the points you’ve raised. The call handling support that our team at the Patient Referral Centre in Rochdale provide, is key to helping our patients feel supported. We pride ourselves on delivering a positive staff experience at all times and what you describe is not in line with our expectations, so I’m sorry to hear that you feel otherwise.

All our staff and managers are expected to adhere to our values of Trust, Passion, Care and Fresh Thinking. Advisor objectives are centred around these values and providing a great service; rather than meeting operational targets. In line with these company values, managers will regularly coach and check-in with advisors, in order to continuously improve the services that we deliver, to ensure that staff feel fully supported in the role that they do and to help staff with any career progression or goals. As with any contact centre environment, shifts are scheduled in order to meet the call demand that we receive from our patients.

I will share your review with our People Services Team, so that we can investigate further and take the right steps to address any issues. If you’re happy to, please email me directly with any more specific
 - more...
Inhealth has always been a good company to work for, however, with numerous management problems.
Operations Manager and Head of Operations for the South region mobiles manage by fear, bullying and harassing us constantly... the head of ops sends her threat messages through the ops manager who doesn't dare to question her and just agrees with whatever has been said or decided. I've personally witnessed radiographers and lead radiographer being undermined and treated like children, hiding their frustration with fear of the consequences.

Staff morale is way lost and we are just not bothered to talk anymore as things keep changing over the years but always go back to the same management issues.

Inhealth has to listen to their staff closely and individually as they can share a lot of unfair situations and attitudes towards them, whilst others are being forced to write good reviews about the head of ops.
Cons
management
21 July 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We have posted previously on here about the routes for escalation and feedback of issues and we are disappointed that these are not being utilised fully in this area.

We have set up Staff Partnership Forum representatives, Freedom to Speak Up Guardians, senior management and leadership and these people are trained to always listen to staff concerns. These routes remain open for all staff to access whenever they need.

We have shared my email address previously and encourage and appreciate any feedback from current staff or leavers on how we can continuously improve the working environment for our staff. We use all feedback to drive improvements and review innovative ways of delivering our patient services more effectively with our staff.

Our staff engagement scores continue to be over 74% in our 2020 results, so we absolutely want to hear any feedback on how we can make this even better.

Please contact me directly if you would like to share more detailed feedback and I will ensure this is fed into our ongoing engagement action planning process.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Leanne Gardiner

Director of People Services
Inhealth used to be an amazing place to work. Everyone has lost momentum and love for the job, if lead/manager doesn’t like you, you will know about it as well as everyone else. A lot of bullying and whispering. Rotas are unfair management you never hear from. New head of mobiles has been nothing but helpful and understanding. A lot of senior staff leaving that could be stopped.
15 July 2020
Thank you for your review and honest feedback, which is emerging as a theme in our mobiles team and is something that we are working very hard to understand in more detail. I am concerned about some of the issues that you have raised, and in other reviews from mobile staff, particularly when our most recent Staff Survey results show 75% positive overall engagement within our mobiles team and 73% of staff feeling proud to work for InHealth. I would really like to hear from you directly about your views, so that we can work with staff to address any areas where you think we can improve. It’s great to hear that our Head of Mobiles is supportive and understanding, as are all of our Senior Leaders, but if you have concerns about other managers, please raise these with me directly - I am already working with Martyn, our Director of Operations. I look forward to hearing from you.

Leanne Gardiner

Director of People Services
I have been very happy since working for InHealth, the staff have been great other than the odd couple that will try to bring you down the rest of the team have been nice and friendly. There have been lots of changes in management however the current manager is good and has lasted longer than most of the previous ones. Good support and great benefits, I enjoy the fast paced long days.
Pros
Great working atmosphere and flexible area
13 July 2020
Thanks so much for reviewing your experience with InHealth! Really glad to hear that you have a good manager and a friendly team around you - that's so important! Fast paced days are certainly part of the role, especially in mobiles, so it's really encouraging to hear that you enjoy this aspect. Wishing you a long and happy career at InHealth :-)
Long days wouldn’t be a problem if they didn’t want you to drive sometimes up to 4h.
You work 12h and sometimes you have to drive 2h before and after your shift.

Yes, they give you an hotel but new manager has cut all other expenses to save money and look good.

If you stay at the hotel the night before your working day you then can’t claim any food allowance on the actual working day.

Also no payment for your traveling even if they are on your rest days.

She thinks is acceptable for staff to drive for long hours before and after the shift.
Pros
Pension
2 July 2020
Thanks for leaving this review. Any changes to our approach for expenses and subsistence are made as a business, rather than by specific Managers, so your comment about localised decisions is not correct.

We also regularly benchmark our approach to expenses with others in the healthcare industry, to make sure that we are working in line with best practice. If you have experienced changes in your area, these are being made to make sure that we are being fair to all staff, across all of InHealth, and standardise our approach, rather than having variations across regions and roles.

In terms of travel time, we will always make sure that the journey time is reasonable and if staff need to travel more than 90 minutes to work, then appropriate accommodation can be accessed, which includes providing staff with an evening meal and breakfast before leaving the hotel to attend site. Where possible, we also try to make sure that staff work as close to home as possible. The nature of Radiographer roles in mobiles is that they need to travel and most of our staff work three days per week, so we do aim to provide a work/life balance.

Our expenses, allowances and overtime policy is currently being reviewed and we will be working with our Staff Partnership Forum to make sure that any changes have the involvement of our members.

Thanks again for sharing your views.

Director of Operations
I moved from the NHS to work In InHealth on the mobiles and it’s the best decision I made. It’s long days with travelling but I have 4 days off a week and a good work life balance. Full range of examinations performed on all makes of MRI scanners and InHealth supported me to do my PGCert. Colleagues with health problems have been looked after during Covid-19 pandemic. And I have had access to all PPE. Would definitely recommend coming to work here.
Pros
Colleagues, support and salary.
Cons
Travelling can be hard especially in the winter.
22 July 2020
What a great review! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're really passionate about supporting our staff to develop their skills, so it's fantastic to hear that you've done your PGCert during your time at InHealth. Also really good to hear that you've felt supported during the pandemic - our people are the top priority so it's good to know that this focus is felt within teams. Wishing you a long and happy career with us :-)
Manager is really good in north region. She always looks after her staff. Never had a problem having a no/ wish day given. The team consists of nice people.
Pros
Staff/ sites are in good locations
Cons
Getting up really early to beat the mad traffic/ but thats part of the job of mobiles
30 June 2020
Great review - thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback! Really glad to hear that you have a fab Manager and a team of lovely people around you. Thank you for everything you're doing as part of our mobile team to deliver fantastic care to our patients :-)
A very fast paced place. Great support , great team. Can be tough at times, but everyone pulls together. Mgt have been superb especially during recent crisis, and show they really care. 3 days a week is a real plus.
Pros
Team, 3 dats a week, Support from company, newer machines
Cons
Short notuce rotas, but guven current situation, this understandable
26 June 2020
Thanks so much for leaving your review! Really glad to hear that you've had great support from our management team. It is fast-paced indeed and we're so grateful for all our colleagues who work so hard to deliver fantastic patient care. Thanks again and we wish you a long and happy career with InHealth!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at InHealth?
If you want stability and quality working conditions,then my advice is to stay well away from this company .
Operations managers to line managers haven’t a clue !

Long hours in a control room that’s been designed by Operations manager with no clinical background or any idea what’s required to make a comfortable and practical work station .

Scanners regularly break down and it’s up to the radiographers to tell the hospital ,no support from headquarters off so call management.

Many experienced radiographers are leaving.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Bad management
26 June 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts in this review, which I don’t believe paints an accurate or fair picture of the fantastic services that we provide at InHealth.

We absolutely value all feedback and will act on anything that can be improved, but wanted to address some specific points you raise.

I am disappointed that you feel there is no involvement in the design of our new units, because we spend time including the views of our clinical teams, from both Statics and Mobiles, to ensure our environments are fit for purpose, work well for patients and staff and allow us to deliver great patient care.

As well as involving clinical teams in the designs, we have also made changes to design post-, following further feedback from staff using the units.

Regarding your point about managers not having clinical experience, most of the management team structure are from a clinical background, and where members are not from such a background, they are mentored by clinical colleagues and further supported by our Clinical Leads and Lead Radiographers.

Support from “headquarters” is made up of many areas, and while everything can be improved, the support structure is certainly there. In the 12 months I have been involved in mobiles, we have made many changes to that structure to further support the teams in the fields and our customers – and this is recognised by our many audits, including our most recent CQC inspection in which we achieved an ‘Outstanding’ CQC rating for our mobile and peripatetic services. This is a fantastic achievement and demonstrates that our mobiles are well-led,
Awful company.
If you want to feel valued then do NOT consider working for this company.

No care for employees. Awful management. They advertise all the work that they are doing for the NHS, but they don’t care for the staff on the frontline. No support when things go wrong.

Manager very frequently doesn’t answer emails or phone calls if he doesn’t want to deal with the issue.

The MRI Cardiac operations manager is a bully, and treats employees like dogs so that she can look ‘good’ to senior management. Most of her team have lost respect for her and are leaving. Staff morale is very poor.

The company holds annual staff satisfaction surveys, but none of the bad points raised by staff ever get raised or discussed.

No work life balance with rotas being circulated some times just 1 week ahead. Disgusting really when you are contracted Mon - Sun so never know when you will be working.
26 June 2020
Many thanks for your review, which I am disappointed to read. We take all staff feedback very seriously, especially when issues such as these are raised.

At InHealth, we pride ourselves on staff engagement, supported by the fantastic Staff Survey results which you elude to. While we always share the positive improvements we make year on year, our main focus is on the areas where we don’t score so well, so that we can target our efforts in improving wherever we can. We place great value on the surveys, and all the findings, which is why after every , we develop specific regional action plans that are worked on throughout the year, aimed to address any issues.

We also encourage all staff to raise any issues of concern direct to their Line Managers in the first instance, and if staff feel that their concerns aren’t resolved, we encourage further escalation to the Head of Operations, Director of Operations, HR Business Partner and of course our Freedom to Speak Up Guardians.

We have also very recently started our new Staff Partnership Forum, which provides an additional channel for staff to voice any concerns and work with the members to suggest resolutions and ideas for improving life at InHealth.

In terms of your comment about rotas, we recognise that these can be problematic – and given the current situation we are all working through, this is understandable – and this is not normally the case, with rotas being issued much earlier than 1 week prior. As things settle again, we will be moving back to providing rotas 2 - 3 weeks in advance, which is always what we aim for.
 - more...
Lack of communication towards staff. Staff managed by fear and senior managers that take advantage of their position to play staff as pawns and humiliate them.
Poor people management skills from senior manager, leading to staff being blackmailed via phone and word "dismissal" used on emails if staff don't do as they are told or disagree with "direct orders" as she says.

Staff not allowed to express opinion or have freedom of speech. Current senior manager is trying to cut all staff allowances/benefits and increase driving times.

Staff discouraged to contact People Services as managers say their HR representatives will back them up. Highly experienced people leaving and hiding reasons as they fear consequences.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Inexperienced senior management
17 June 2020
Thank you for leaving a review and I am really sorry that it isn’t more positive. Our stance on bullying is very clear, in that it won’t be tolerated at all, so I’m concerned that you have raised these issues about manager behaviour. All of our staff, including managers, are expected to live and breathe our values of Trust, Passion, Care and Fresh Thinking and managers specifically are supported to deliver against their responsibilities and behaviours in line with the InHealth Leadership Competency Framework.

I have shared your concerns with our People Services Team and they will be investigated thoroughly and any appropriate actions completed quickly. If you’re happy to, please email me directly with any more information that you can provide. InHealth has many different ways in which our staff can speak up and raise concerns or challenges they are facing - this is normally through the line manager but can also be escalated up the chain to the next level line manager, our Director of Clinical Quality or myself. We want all staff to feel empowered, supported and able to share their thoughts and feelings, so I am disappointed that you don’t feel this way.

Please rest assured that we will investigate all your concerns and take appropriate action. And if you are comfortable with getting in touch with me directly, I would very much appreciate a conversation.

Thank you and best wishes.

Director of Operations
The culture of the management in this company is appalling. A lot of bullying, no care for employees.
I have witnessed shocking treatment of overseas staff. Staff interviewed by phone / in person by non clinical managers leading to inappropriate employment of some staff. Staff members arriving from overseas and literally abandoned. No one had checked on the age of the individual which led to them not being able to have a company car which in a mobile job is essential. They were then having to travel sometimes by train and bus 4 or 5 hours one way. Awful when they have just arrived in the UK.

Some of the new staff didn’t receive their pay on time because the company hadn’t processed their documents. Some staff didn’t receive uniforms for 3-4 months.

As one region was over staffed due to the incorrect recruitment of 7 staff members to the wrong region, established senior staff were then expected to travel out of their region (5/6 hours ) using their days off with no travel time paid until questioned and argued. The ‘covering’ manager who has now been promoted was a bully, treating staff with total disrespect. She had no knowledge of employment rights trying to force staff to work in an unsafe manner. Drive long distances and then work a 12 hour day, and then drive again for 2-3 hours to get to the next site. Advising young female staff to walk, take a bus or UBER early in the am or late at night because she wouldn’t authorise the cost of a taxi from the hospital site to the hotel. Their safety was not her concern.

A lot of crossing over of staff on motorways as managers
 - more...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor treatment of staff
3 June 2020
Many thanks for your feedback. InHealth are dedicated to supporting all our staff as much as we possibly can, and making sure they have access to all the information and reassurance that they need to carry out their roles, so I am very disappointed to hear about the points you have raised.

I don’t believe that the issues you mention have been raised directly with any of our Line Management team, or via the various forms of engagement that all staff have available within the organisation such as Freedom to Speak Up guardians, our dedicated Staff Partnership Forum. I would strongly encourage you to raise these directly with your Line Manager and if you are happy to, with me directly.

I would very much welcome contact with anyone who feels that they are being bullied – this is absolutely not the culture that we have at InHealth, or indeed feedback that we hear from other colleagues through our annual Staff Surveys. If there are any concerns at all, they will be investigated thoroughly and any appropriate actions completed quickly.

For yourself, and any of the colleagues that you reference in your points, please make direct contact with me, so I can address concerns immediately.

In regards to the scanner faults – we have a robust process in place for dealing with all repairs and as you will know, there is a standard industry practice grading system in use and faults are reviewed regularly with clinical staff involved. Again, if you feel that this is not working correctly in all cases, please do raise instances with your Line Managers so that these can be investigated.

InHealth
 - more...
I currently work as part of the mobile team. Feel fully supported, listened to and valued. Patient focused at all times. A real buzz. Great team work and management
11 May 2020
What a fab review! Delighted to hear that you're fully supported, listened to and valued - these things are so simple but so important to us as staff. In our most recent staff survey, patient safety came out as the highest rated area, so it's great to know that this continues to be a focus in our every day. We hope you have a long and happy career at InHealth and that you continue to be surrounded by such great teamwork and leadership :-)
Staffs friendly, good to work ,been working at inhealth for long great company to work with,worked in mobiles across London and Across UK, great team to work with and company
1 May 2020
A lovely review! Thank you for sharing your experience - we're really happy that you enjoy working at InHealth and that your colleagues and team have such a positive impact on you. Wishing you an even longer and happier career with us!
Fun place to work with lots of lovely colleagues; break out area available, working from home an option... lovely place to be with a fun manager. Recommend working here for their culture.
23 April 2020
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback! Delighted to hear that you enjoyed working for InHealth - fun in the workplace is so important when it comes to creating a positive culture, so we're happy that your experience in our office was such a positive one. All the best!
A medical company with no interest in comprehending their Supply chain challenges and legal compliance outside the medical field of operations at the time.
Pros
Well rewarded
Cons
Aloof and uninterested SLT
6 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and sharing your feedback of working at InHealth
Couldn’t organise a headache, told we get 3 weeks of training - 1 week then practically shoved on the phones Luckily it’s the easiest job in world but management over complicated everything by creating work for them selves listening in, judging a simple phone call but still finding minor errors in the way you re phrased some of a very simple script one “supervisor” actually asked why I never ask for help I mean if I didn’t need it and smashing targets daily why would I ask for help.
18 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, your comments and feedback are appreciated. We pride ourselves on delivering a positive staff experience at all times and what you describe is not in line with our expectations, so I’m sorry to hear that you feel otherwise.

All staff complete a detailed 3 month induction programme, which focusses on making sure everyone has the tools and support they need to carry out their role as well as they can. This starts with a week of classroom training and also includes a mix of face-to-face, on-the-job and online learning. All our staff and managers are expected to adhere to our values of Trust, Passion, Care and Fresh Thinking, and Advisor objectives are centred around these values (rather than operational targets.) In line with these company values, managers will regularly coach and check-in with advisors, in order to continuously improve the services that we deliver and to ensure that staff feel fully supported in the role that they do.

I will share your review with our People Services Team, so that we can investigate further and take the right steps to address any issues. Having recently joined the team I will also add this to the plan I am putting in place for this year. If you’re happy to, please email me directly with any more specific information that you would be happy to provide.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave this feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Mike Sopel

Head Of Patient Services
Unfortunately Inhealth is a very unhappy and unsettling place to work. Staff are not looked after or respected. They are over worked and not appreciated at all. They are money and target driven only. There is no training or support given, staff are thrown in at the deep end and expected to complete their tasks. Inhealth need to focus on their staff, this could stop the high turnover of sickness and staff leaving.
29 January 2020
Thank you for leaving your review. I’m very sorry that your experience of working with InHealth has not been a positive one.

We pride ourselves on delivering a positive staff experience at all times and what you describe is not in line with our expectations.

We have various ways in which our staff can speak up and raise concerns or challenges they are facing - this is normally through the line manager or can be escalated up the chain to the next level line manager, our Director of Clinical Quality or myself. We also have our staff surveys.

All our staff and managers are expected to adhere to our values of Trust, Passion, Care and Fresh Thinking and we regularly monitor staff experience within our services to ensure this. Our managers support excellent staff experience against our role of the manager responsibilities and deliver behaviours in line with the InHealth Leadership Competency Framework.

Our staff surveys are reviewed by our Executive team and we have seen excellent results for the past few years. Where there are areas that show improvement is required, actions are planned and targeted on the staff feedback received. We also share best practice regularly with these areas from our locations and services where we see excellent staff experience.

I am sorry that for you, in your previous team, this was not your experience. I would of course like to know more if you are happy to provide details to me directly at (Leanne.Gardiner@inhealthgroup.com).

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and we will ensure your views are incorporated into our people
 - more...
Higher and mid Management treats Radiographers like items.
Almost every email contains threat of disciplinary actions.

No help and respect to employees.

Lots of unhappy staff.

If you on sponsored visa - sooner or later you will be told by Manager "You are on our visa - you need to do what you are told"
23 January 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. I’m very concerned to hear that you feel this way – our team of Radiographers is vital in how we deliver services to patients and everyone deserves to be treated with respect in the workplace. I am keen to know more, particularly around leadership behaviours, so if you are happy to, please email me directly (martyn.beckett@inhealthgroup.com). Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,