ING Employee Reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the search See all 1,687 reviews
Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2018
I only did work experience there for a couple of weeks but while there I was treated well and everyone was friendly, from my short time there I would recommend
Good company to work for
KYC Analyst / Client Services Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London6 September 2018
ING Bank used to be a nice company to work for... but things are changing lately as they are migrating a lot of departments to a hub in Slovakia as I guess is cheaper to maintain than in UK or Spain.
Even said that I think it's a nice company to work for as they treat you like a professional worker at all times and offer you some good possibilities to grown.
Pros
profesionality
Cons
salary
Alright, stable workplace
Development Engineer (novice) (Current Employee) –  CSM23 July 2018
Company culture is not as transparant as they pretend it to be.
Trying hard to be Agile, not quite there yet.
Big open plan office, some cosy corners and good modern meeting rooms, but very noisy office
Decent cafeteria
A little too much judging of how/what other people do (does depend on dept)
Good feedback system
There are good managers but you have to be lucky enough to find them
IT moves slowly, never the newest tech, new ideas take a long time
Pros
cheap decent cafeteria
Cons
pretends to be "best employer" but is not
evuew
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reading25 April 2018
You will love to work with good and highly skilled people. People are nice, work culture is great, not much restriction. Easy to reach people, Lots of opportunities to explore, multiple skills you can developed
Would recommend
HR (Former Employee) –  Varied17 January 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at ING.

Great work life balance, many learning opportunities/access to senior staff & supportive management

Would benefit from a firmer & more consistent approach to Performance Management however (in particular under performers)
Good workplace with opportunities to upskill and develop technicallly
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London7 September 2017
ING Barings and ING provided challenging workplaces, with opportunities to move between teams and to progress professionally. Opportunities were available to work in other countries on secondment,
Pros
Positive, challenging workplace with good salary and bonus
Cons
Sometimes long hours as business is 24x7 and systems are mission critical
Productive and fun place to work
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 August 2017
A great place to work. Friendly environment, hard working staff and very organised. Lots of events to take part in e.g. London Marathon, British Museum events.
Good Work Place
Proposal Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey1 August 2017
Fun workplace , good management , nice office , good colleagues, big staff room , learning and development opportunities , support from managers and seniors
traditionl company
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2017
very traditional company to work for. Helpful and friendly members of staff and atmosphere to work in. Very impressive building to work in
Would like to do anything else rather than IT
Like an ant family, I am just a worker. (Former Employee) –  Like an ant family, I am just a worker.19 January 2017
Like an ant family, I am just a worker.
what else can I say, ever had that feeling you hate getting out of bed every morning when you could be doing something else but your 51 years old so job chances are far and few between. always wanted to fly a rocket but was never given that chance.
Pros
Like an ant family, I am just a worker.
Cons
Like an ant family, I am just a worker.
Na
Stage Fusions-Acquisition (M&A) - Analyste (Former Employee) –  London22 June 2016
Stagiaire en M&A pendant 5 mois
Environnement de travail agréable
Avantages en nature
Learning Environment, Friendly,Fun
Demi Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  london Russell Square9 June 2016
great place to work to learn and gain experience, enjoy working in the busy and hot section of the kitchen, had opportunity to work a amazing team and chefs.
Pros
great team, good food and a friendly environment
Cons
low pay
Nice culture compared with other banks in the City
Analyst (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2016
Overall a nice place to work, but it is very important the team with whom you are working with. The bank is about to move to a new building, so facilities will be great.
Pros
Less pressure than a bulge bracket bank
Cons
Salary wise not as good as you progress in your career
Sr Lead Mechanical/ Piping Engineer
Lead Mechanical/ Piping/ Engineer (Current Employee) –  London20 April 2016
Please put me forward for this role as my contract is coming to a end in the South of France. I have good all round experience's in this field.
Ing
Analyst (Former Employee) –  London17 February 2016
A brilliant place to work in the centre of London. Work and hour depend ony our team and work load.
Enjoyed the people and work perks including the gym and canteen.
Productive and fun place to work
Collection Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Redhill4 February 2016
working with both individual customers and Government blue chip companies.
Managing my work load on Alfa
Collection debt via telephone, letter, emails.
Issuing defaults and terminations.
Passing cases for repocession.
Pros
good management
good company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  reading6 May 2015
I worked as a Customer Service Associate, taking inbound calls from customers and helping them with enquiries about their ING Direct account and any other queries they may have about ING Direct. The first two weeks were intense training, where we covered a wide array of topics and used role-play to put what we learnt into practice. Different procedures are taken depending on the account activity the customer wants to do on their account and what level of security they are at.
Productive company
Tax advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG26 March 2015
ACA qualified from EY 7 years ago from this big 4 accounting firm. Good culture, friendly people, good clients, interesting projects.
Busy and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Associate / Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff12 October 2014
Each day would involve taking calls, arranging development time for fellow colleagues, altering breaks and lunches, sending and receiving daily statistics based on team achievements and progression. In this job, learning to be a supervisor in a call centre environment was definitely crucial in my career development and I can adapt what has been learned to a new environment. My co-workers greatly respected me for the way I kept a social and workplace balance. I would help where I can both in work and out, I would like to think of myself as approachable and always eager to help those that need it. The most enjoyable part of my job was the team meetings as we would all try to make it as fun as possible and improve morale on a daily basis should it be needed.
Pros
Courteous and flexible
Cons
No further career progression
A real pleasure to have worked for
PA to two Managing Directors / Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  London10 June 2014
A typical day at work - highly organisational role, heaps of diary management / meeting / lunch / travel arrangements and phone liaising. Some days quiet allowing for the mundane tasks, whilst others totally manic, not knowing which way to turn.

What I learned - be a gatekeeper, one step ahead at all times, take criticism constructively.

Management - very approachable, hardworking and respected their staff. Very supportive, they worked with their teams, rather than against them - that goes a long way.

Co-workers - a majority, you could really have a scream / banter with. Though there was a low percentage who were quite pretentious - but I guess you get them everywhere!

The hardest part of the job - for me personally, I did not feel as though I was being challenged and felt frustrated.

The most enjoyable part of the job - my role was a highly organisational role. I love to organise! The company and the staff were a real pleasure to work for and with. Although we worked hard, we still made time for banter and laughs! At the time, it was a very sociable company to work for.
Pros
Staff Socials

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ING. Our community is ready to answer.

ING Reviews by Location