INEOS

INEOS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews
Production technician
Good people on site shop floor with plenty of experience but too much input from a poor management infrastructure which has led to site shutting down due to lack of people who can make decisions when it matters and have to much to say on matters that don’t concern them.

Huge blame culture which gives a negative vibe on the site
Who you know, not what you know!!
Only get a job on a who you know basis, everyone around the sites has a relative, parent or friend somewhere in the place which got them a job!
People who know nothing about the role or plant get priority due to family connections within the site. Incidents and accidents tried to get swept under the carpet.. favouritism for the plant managers golden boys.

Even the work force just seem to sit talking about each other, unfortunately the place has turned very two faced over the years..
Good work atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff
Good work atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff. Excellent career prospects across multiple sites. Company willing to help staff gain further education.
Pros
work life balance
Very poor management throughout the company
Poor management throughout the company.
The older staff get away with all sorts but the newer staff are targeted and blamed for things that go wrong.

A degree of bullying & victimisation going on from the management and older staff members.

HR do not have a clue what they are doing or how to handle situations.
Intersting work and company
The company is growing and still developing it's corporate culture. I have learned a lot in the 7 years that I have been here.

I work as part of a small team, and as such have a wide range of responsibilities and decisions I have to make.

Management structure is very flat, limited oppurtunities for promotion.
Childish for a Blue chip company
In most ways they were not so bad, but management could be very petty & childish thinking that they are so superior, most of the management carry on like they are in Westminster or something not normal or mature.
And some of the workforce are so lazy and disgusting you would not believe that they can hold a job down.
Pros
Facilities
Cons
Back stabbing
Great company
friendly atmosphere, amazing facilities, big focus on healthy lifestyle. admin role typically answering phone calls and responding to emails. yoga classes offered 3 times a week
An intresting and good place to work
I found ineos to be thoughtful and concerning with its work force for health and safety with good opportunities for people who want to further their career also with good shift patterns which makes for good family work balance
Good all roud working team
When working in such an unpredictable industry as Oil and Gas on Teeside it makes it a lot more easier when you have great work mates around you, Making your work a lot more easier and a lot more safer to work in.
Pros
Good Communication is one of the main values to a happier workforce
Cons
The Oil and Gas industry is an unpridictuble place at the moment when it comes to job security
Good company
I was responsible for developing production plans and targets for the refinery on a weekly basis and communicating these targets across the site.

Learned a great deal about how oil refineries make money and the risks they need to manage
cleaning services
Excellent company to work for. only left due to having a child, and they didn't do part time work. Lots of work and overtime on shut downs getting to know the staff are there role at the site
Interesting workplace
My average days involved various jobs for completion, whether it was inventorying salvaged components from the defunct areas, managing tape backups once a month, or replacing faulty fans on cooling units.

During my time at INEOS, I learned how to use a soldering iron to remove and install fans. I also learned how to take tape backups for Sun Microsystems computers, and replace components on various models. On the software site, I learned how to draw and distribute graphics for both the NativeWindow and Experion control programs.

My manager was inspiring. He always tried to introduce new tasks to keep me busy when needed.

My co-workers were friendly and fun to work with. I found areas of leisure and work to relate to my co-workers, which isn't always easy for me.

The hardest part of the job was balancing time requirements for various tasks. Sometimes, I would be waiting on prerequisites for graphics, but have no other graphics or hardware work to do in the meantime.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the work taking backups and creating graphics. I felt accomplished having a regular responsibility when taking and verifying graphics, as well as working to requirements when making graphics - both time requirements and specific design requests.

Overall, I enjoyed my overall time at INEOS both as a temp and as a permanent member of staff. If they asked me back, I would happily work for them again.
Pros
Good hours, interesting work, fair pay and holidays, cheap Starbucks :-)
very stressful job
been here 24 years now time for a changebeen a forklift driver for all 24 yearswould like to get out and about with a new company
Great workplace to improve
It was a excellent work experience due to the fact I was able to hone my welding skills and knowledge. It was really good to know new people, everyone was really helpful every time i had need for help with more difficult work.
A useful experience
While I was told at the outset that Ineos don't hire chemists full time, this was still good experience of working in an industrial setting. Aside from my daily duties as an analytical chemist in the lab, I learned about industrial safety issues, corporate social responsibility and firefighting techniques. My co-workers and line manager did their best to make me feel welcome as an intern. Overall a useful way to spend the summer break.
Postion no longer challenging
Co-workers are helpful and good to work with. The role I carry out is no longer challenging or fulfilling to me. So I need a new job in which I can put my abilities to better use.
Challenging and interesting place to work
Lasted 36 years, so, I enjoyed working there. It was a very regulated workplace and the potential for probems existed daily. The company had a very safe working environment in the work planning. I had excellent colleagues to work with over the years.
good
very friendly environment and provides a very fun experience for kids to have fun while running
Chemicals
Complex work environment providing new challenges always driving the development of new skills and working relationships
Shocking management of workers
desperate to leave along with the rest of the maintenance team, treated as a number, terms and conditions constantly attacked and reduced.
Pros
Cons
constant attack on terms and conditions
Overall a good company
Currently working as a mechanical technician on the KG Ethylene cracker. Carrying out routine and breakdown maintenance.