INEOS Employee Reviews

Great company
Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge19 September 2018
friendly atmosphere, amazing facilities, big focus on healthy lifestyle. admin role typically answering phone calls and responding to emails. yoga classes offered 3 times a week
cleaning services
Cleaning Assistant/ catering assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham12 March 2017
Excellent company to work for. only left due to having a child, and they didn't do part time work. Lots of work and overtime on shut downs getting to know the staff are there role at the site
Interesting workplace
Trainee Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grangemouth16 January 2017
My average days involved various jobs for completion, whether it was inventorying salvaged components from the defunct areas, managing tape backups once a month, or replacing faulty fans on cooling units.

During my time at INEOS, I learned how to use a soldering iron to remove and install fans. I also learned how to take tape backups for Sun Microsystems computers, and replace components on various models. On the software site, I learned how to draw and distribute graphics for both the NativeWindow and Experion control programs.

My manager was inspiring. He always tried to introduce new tasks to keep me busy when needed.

My co-workers were friendly and fun to work with. I found areas of leisure and work to relate to my co-workers, which isn't always easy for me.

The hardest part of the job was balancing time requirements for various tasks. Sometimes, I would be waiting on prerequisites for graphics, but have no other graphics or hardware work to do in the meantime.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the work taking backups and creating graphics. I felt accomplished having a regular responsibility when taking and verifying graphics, as well as working to requirements when making graphics - both time requirements and specific design requests.

Overall, I enjoyed my overall time at INEOS both as a temp and as a permanent member of staff. If they asked me back, I would happily work for them again.
Pros
Good hours, interesting work, fair pay and holidays, cheap Starbucks :-)
very stressful job
Storeman/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe24 September 2016
been here 24 years now time for a changebeen a forklift driver for all 24 yearswould like to get out and about with a new company
Postion no longer challenging
Business Cash Forecaster (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth, SCT6 April 2015
Co-workers are helpful and good to work with. The role I carry out is no longer challenging or fulfilling to me. So I need a new job in which I can put my abilities to better use.
good
marshal and lead runner (Former Employee) –  southampton18 January 2015
very friendly environment and provides a very fun experience for kids to have fun while running
Chemicals
Control of Work Technician (Current Employee) –  Gangemouth27 June 2014
Complex work environment providing new challenges always driving the development of new skills and working relationships
Shocking management of workers
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth, SCT27 November 2013
desperate to leave along with the rest of the maintenance team, treated as a number, terms and conditions constantly attacked and reduced.
Pros
Cons
constant attack on terms and conditions
Overall a good company
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth, SCT23 October 2013
Currently working as a mechanical technician on the KG Ethylene cracker. Carrying out routine and breakdown maintenance.
An exciting and busy workplace.
control room optimisation Technician (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth, SCT23 October 2013
A typical day at my workplace would be taking the handover from the previous shift, where they will pass on the present position of the plant and any projects that are on going.
This is also a time for questions and clarification of any items planned for the day ahead.
Continuation of the on going work can be observed and reported to manufacturing team when required.
Shortly after the plant checks etc the control of work status can be addressed and permits to work issued as required to the various work forces through out the shift. Coordination and planning for the continuation of present work and additional work will be discussed and reported to assist whit the trouble free running of the processes at hand.
Continuously through out the shift, the status and performance of the unit is monitored and adjusted where constraints apply.
A full and concise report is passed on to the following shift at handover allowing the continuous running of the unit in a safe and profitable manner.

Want to know more about INEOS?

Ask a question
great people to work with and for
storeman (Former Employee) –  grangemouth24 October 2012
from day one everybody was willing to help you with the tasks you were given
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
no cons