Inchcape Retail UK

Inchcape Retail UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom61 reviews
Despite working in a high performing and efficient team, the overall leadership and managerial decision making in Inchcape leaves a lot to be desired. There is a lack of communication, teamwork, common goals, all likely due to a lack of individual care given to their employees.
Started as a Sales Executive and quickly was promoted to Business Manager. If your work ethic is right they sky is the limit. The only reason I left was I thought the next job I was offered would be better. It wasn't.
Loads of benefits, good pay, good working surroundings. Good teams, steady work. Management always looked after me, made tonnes of friends, good benefits for car.
stressful job but enjoyable bunch of people to be working with. only problem as with most dealers, everyone is targeted bonuses for different figures causing everyone to be working against eachother
Sadly a very disappointing and poor culture which is not addressed by the Executive board. Salary is only good for sales roles. All other roles do not receive the same equality.
Cons
Long hours and a lot of pressure
Inchcape UK have their priorities and focuses completely backwards. Unfortunately, in an industry where customer service, the customer journey and care are so important (which you are frequently reminded about within the workplace), it is ironic that there is so little care given to these factors within the workplace. The only thing Inchcape seem to prioritise is reducing their costs. They are spread so thin that customer service now seems non-existent. They have cut back on nearly every area of the business and showroom including customer drinks and snacks, plants, cleaning services, staffing and the 'luxuries'. Unfortunately, Inchcape deem these cutbacks as the right thing to do, yet they expect us to deliver the same (supposedly) high-level of customer service in an environment where we're told to treat every penny as our own. Inchcape are in desperate trouble and it is now getting to a point where it is affecting their customers.
When I first started working here the job was enjoyable and the people in the office seemed nice enough. After a while the job became overwhelming with little/no support from management.
They were making people redundant without any actual plan of how to split workloads meaning the people who were left were bombarded. The office environment was great at first but then you realise that the people who had been there for a long time are unwelcoming, rude and will only do things that benefit them. I would say avoid this company at all costs!!
Bonus structure slaughtered, internet connection slow, High staff turn over , horrendous atmosphere. Stay well clear . Poor equipment . No re- investment
Pros
Going home
Cons
Going to work
Good company, fast paced, very corporate. Limited opportunity for progression as a large amount of the work is based in particular regions that are not practical for some of the Head Offices.
One of the worst jobs I've ever had, the management haven't got a clue what they are doing, then blame you. Toyota staff were very unhelpful and made your day hard work.
Wanted to work there for sometime am a little over 12 months in. And as I have been in project roles I have enjoyed my time so far and the variety. Looking forward to my future challenges.
Being made redundant. Poor communication throughout the redundancy process, After 23 years of loyal service I didn't expect special treatment by Management and HR, but the complete lack of respect and the lack of consideration to those of us unfortunate enough to be losing our jobs has quite frankly been appalling,
Good pay with the ability to progress
the management were firm, fair and supportive.

Work culture is great if you get along people

salary is good considering trade, expenses etc
If your part of their clique the world is yours, think more about their bottom line than their employees, made hundreds of redundancies to save money and relocate part of the jobs and the people left having to work 10 times harder
Pros
the days have endings and a pool table in canteen
Cons
pretty much the whole job
Don't work for them unless you can say yes to everything...
Some but not all management have ways of making money under the table (This is not right!)....
Pros
Good work colleagues
Cons
Great team ethos and process is excellent for customer service. Through effective qualification key to success. Fantastic training programme and benefits
Learnt a little bout the motor trade and dealing with insurance companies
My 3 years plus have been rewarding and challenging. I have had 3 roles within the company showing great progression, new revised talent and development programme shows the company are activity seeking stars in the company to shine. Inchcape ask alot when at work but high basic salary offers great security in tough times. Sales executives have alot to do but have a great basic with good earning potential from relativly low targets. I have seen alot of changes in the past 3 years or more some good and some that are questionable. The all or nothing commision structure for managers makes it very challenging to earn if you have a poor start to a Q. Fantastic facilties and benefits. If you do the job and have the right attitude your are valued.
Pros
Good basic, good time off
Poor training, zero support, left to fend for yourself, the management are awful and the company cannot keep hold of staff because of these reasons. High turnover of staff and if your face doesn’t fit, they get rid of you
Pros
If your lucky enough to stay long enough you get car discounts
Cons
A tense and pressured working environment
As a multinational company they look to maintain a professional approach to management reporting and data handling.

Tend to have friendly and efficient office environments
Pros
A good work environment
Cons
Undergoing changes which may not be improvements
No regards for your health and safety. There is favouritism, sexism and bullying. If you report it you will be forced out!

There is a culture that seems to think because it is the “motortrade” it is acceptable! You are deemed sensitive. Being classed as sensitive is a poor excuse and allows them to continue with the treatment!

The company’s “so called values” are not what they actually go by! Very disappointing from such a big company!
Pros
Looking at the cars
Cons
Long hours, bullying, sexism and poor health and safety!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inchcape Retail UK. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9