in-sync group

in-sync group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom3 reviews
There’s little to no training provided to new staff members. Managers leave new staff members to be trained by other new staff members. Which leads to no one knowing what they need to do Management is awful. They don’t treat people with respect, receiving negative emails from them on a weekly basis. Managers take credit for staff members work.
Difficult place to work. Strategy changes every six months. limited pay and benefits. Not fun. Small business with around 100 people. High turnover so hard to keep track of just how many people actually work there at any given time. Nepotism is the core of the promotion process so not really based on skills and experience but on relationships and friendships.
A typical day varied between being in or out of the office, as the role sometime required a lot of travel. Probably every other day I'd be visiting clients or the sites their workforce operated on, usually in London or across the South (some of my colleagues had northern clients). It sometimes involved early starts, meeting with bricklayers before they began their day at 7 am for example, although you got used to this very quickly. If I wasn't out in meetings I'd be in the office organizing meetings, planning sales campaigns and communicating with clients via phone and email. The management in general were very good, my line manager was extremely competent and I respected her. The workplace culture was a little lackadaisical however, and our targets weren't taken very seriously as they were nigh on impossible to achieve. The work-life balance was excellent, for me the best part of the job. I could work flexibly and plan my own days. The worst part was that the work got a little repetitive and tedious at times.