IMPERIAL LONDON HOTELS

IMPERIAL LONDON HOTELS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews
Offers a unique take on the hospitality industry in part for being home to one the largest hotels in Europe, with a large work force & variety of departments to work for.
Solo tengo buenas palabras y buena experiencia si tuviera que recalcar algo malo es que la comida al final aburre se hace muy monótona. Por lo demás experiencia increible
Pros
Te lo dan todo comida, alojamiento y trabajo
Cons
La comida se hace monótona
The environment was good, met some nice people, colleagues were all great, however the salary could have been much higher. I would have stayed there longer, but they were cutting down the numbers because of the coronavirus situation.
Best Working environment, to gain experience, working with a supportive team of waiters and supervisors. It is great for learning and gaining necessary experience.
Just take advantaged of people by providing accommodation but don't let you have a balanced life in term of changing rotas so they keep you busy.

I learnt a lot but not from the company but colleagues experience and approach. I liked being a receptioniat as I enjoyed working with the public but the company spoils every effort
Supervisors treating staff with disrespect, lots of problems with getting days off asked for. When you’re hungry you can’t even grab a small bite and no one cares if you pass out, honestly, I would never recommend this place to anyone.
I learned a lot working for imperial hotels , unfortunately I had to leave for family reasons. I used to organise lining in my workspace on each floor , distribute sheets , shampoo etc. I also collected dirty lining and organise them downstairs
I've been working for ILH for nearly 4 years going through 3 different departments. The HR office is completely useless and disrespectful. Management is really poor overall. The only advantage was the accommodation however do not expect much from this especially if you have any problems with your room. They offer 3 meals a day however food is not eatable. Would recommend the company for anyone who just arrived to London and needs a place for 2-3 months to start. Very disappointed with the way they treat hard working people.
I was repeatedly told I had no opportunity to progress.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Expensive commute
- working with a team that feels like a family.
- experience with face to face customer service

- compassionate, easier to talk to management

- fun and friendly staff always happy to help when required.

- most enjoyable part was making new friends and being able to meet people from all over the world.

- building a great client to staff relationship.
It was great working with them. I learned so much and I had great opportunities such as working close with amazing people and learn a lot about how to organise and prepare for big or small events.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Boring
worked in the company for around 11 years, they treat you like you are nothing, management is untrained and uneducated do not know what they are doing, and when they mess up, you will be blamed for it. HR does not find solutions, they just looking to attach all the blame to someone and make everyones life more miserable, even if it was due to poor management. they have no standards operations, one day they say do this, next day do that, third day completely different. when started working in the company no one knows what you have to do and how, no trainings, even before i left, just sign papers that in case something goes wrong you can be blamed and they will use that often. no career development system, between regular staff and supervisor salary difference is less then 5£. wages are minimum and for 11 years it stayed minimum, they are proud stating every year that wages goes up, but it is national living wage. if you get accommodation they charge you which does not show up on payslips, then you get less then minimum wage. the food they provide tastes and looks like cooked from a can. the job title you have does not match what you do, example you are concierge, you will be mopping floor, or if they are short of staff somewhere they will send you there doing different role, even to their other hotels. check the hotel reviews, everyone complains about food and that everyone is miserable. if you are looking just to survive, live and die in the company miserable, this is the place. oh there is Christmas party where everyone gathers and starts fighting afterwards in some corner, - more...
Pros
accommodation, free food (even if it is not edible, burned and get occasional food poisoning)
Cons
everyone will blame you for what ever reason, HR is useless, management does not know what they are doing, company treats people differently depending on your ethnicity
An amazing place to work!
benefits Food/ Accommodation

Located in a quiet area

The most enjoyable part of the job was the exchange with people from all over the globe.

Overall a perfect company to start off your career in hospitality
I have enjoyed working with new people at Tavistock Hotel. I first worked in a bar, it wasn't that busy because I start at morning shift. I also done night shift and we still didn't get as much customers. It was very nice and quite. The customers was very nice and respectful they would even give you a little tip to say how nice people we are. I secondly worked in the restaurant where we was getting a lot of customers for morning breakfast. It was very nice because we had all different cultures coming in. The hardest part of the job was cleaning and making sure everything was tidy. the most enjoyable part of the job was when my shift was finish I got to speak to new people and the chef would make us delicious food to eat.
Como trabajaba por la mañana, tenia tiempo para ir a una escuela para aprender ingles.
Once I came back to the UK I applied for a job in central London working for a company called Imperial London Hotels, I was in the company for just over 2 months when I applied for a manager position in one of their bars, I got the head manager job in their Bedford Hotel bar “Bloom and Willow” in the weeks that followed. My job as head manager was very much like general manager in a lot of hospitality companies, however I still answered ultimately to the bar control managers in the main office. I did the stock order, stock count, the cashing up, the beer line cleaning, the general oversee off the staff and of the bar/restaurant, I came up with a new cocktail menu and helped in the design of a new food menu to increase trade as well. I very much enjoyed my time in ILH however I felt it was time to move on as the company as the money I was on even as a manager was just too low, especially in central London where rent and cost of living is much higher than other areas.
Its nice to be at this hotel the employees here are nice and helpful. The surrounding are safe and sound. I learn to communicate to other peoples and always put a smile whatever happens costumers always right
I joined the company in housekeeping department after one year I was able to move at the reception working as an administrator where I worked in multiple tasks. Moving to the reception was an opportunity for me as I learned new skills and confidence to work in different environment, it was not easy to operate new system but within training provided I was able to achieve daily goals.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not flexible working hours for parents
After spending many years at the Imperial London Hotels I gained valuable skills to take forward with me to new adventures. I made many friends along the way some which have become my best friends.
Pros
monday to friday working pattern.
Cons
long morning hours before break.
Had a great time working for the Imperial London Hotels. It taught me a great deal about how to properly work in an office, how to stay organized, and how to work in a great team environment.
Good place to start to work if you have no experience.
You can work on your own and get experienced by your co-workers and your own way. Can make your self-created food for the staff canteen.

I really enjoy to work here and can improve my skills in this busy environment.
Pros
live-in accomodation