Imperial College London Employee Reviews

Ótimo ambiente de trabalho
Pesquisador Pós-doutorando (Former Employee) –  Londres23 November 2018
O capital humano é o grande diferencial desse centro de pesquisa, o que torna referência mundial na área de Engenharia de Processos e Sistemas
Bad Management
Associated (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 October 2018
Do not recommend working in the management of the FoM. Very unprofessional bunch of uneducated people. I am glad I had opportunity working there but I'm happy it is over
Offered rigorous education
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  London16 October 2018
Solid education combined with strong element of problem-solving.

Credible institution for developing efficient, hard-working and disciplined graduates.
Driven, intellectual environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Kensington7 August 2018
You're surrounded by incredibly talented people, creating a very productive environment where you can always learn more.
You're expected to work hard and produce results.
Its great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 July 2018
It was a fabulous opportunity to interact with multicultural people in the organisation. I learned about communication skills in the workplace which helped me a lot to settle in any place.
Pros
free workshops
Great working envinronment
Teaching Assistant and Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  South Kensington17 June 2018
Imperial has a nice working environment and it offers the opportunity to work with some of the best minds in the world. It was a great experience overall.
Serious, corporate but always up for innovation.
Assistant Learning Technologist (Current Employee) –  London5 June 2018
Imperial College is an inspirational place to study and definitely a good place to get work experience and progress in career.

I particularly enjoyed meeting academics from different disciplines.
Great place to work .
SIA Concierge (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
Great place to work . staff was amazing It’s important dare we even say essential to have some fun at work. strongly promote a fun work environment, research shows having fun makes employees more productive, more engaged, less likely to leave their jobs, and just plain happier.
modern and cutting edge research
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London7 April 2018
the college is a modern place to study, It conducts cutting-edge research. There exists diverse culture in the school and researchers are keen to transform the research into practice.
Imperial College London, Cancer Imaging, is the worst place I have ever worked.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith Campus8 March 2018
I knew I was in the wrong job from day 1. My line manager spoke to me for less than 5 mins, I was introduced to just 1 person (out of a group of over 15), there was no guided tour of the site and I had lunch on my own - not a great first day! Communication was very poor: there were no group meetings for the first 11 months, and no meetings to plan out work. The Ph. D students arrived any time they wanted between 9am and 1pm and had regular temper tantrums when they did not get their own way. There was no teaching structure put in place: if you needed to know a new technique/procedure, you had to look on the internet or waste a lot of time trying to figure it out. And to top it all, there was a clique of postdoctoral chemists and Ph. D students who thought they could do they liked, say what they liked, and treat all others badly - and so they did. All in all, the worst experience of my career to date.
Pros
Good transport links into/out of London.
Cons
No discipline, no communication, constant tantrums from students, no proper training, no meetings, dreadful management, no leadership.
Nice place to work
Security Controller (Former Employee) –  Security control room Sherfield Building7 March 2018
I enjoyed my time at Imperial College it was a diverse place to work with people from all over the world the hardest part of the job was the work politics we had a very good social life as the staff were very easy to get on with
Cons
good
Student (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 February 2018
I was just a student there. I majored in Energy Policy and learned general technology, policy and economy of energy like solar, wind, oil, gas and so on.
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  South Kensington10 February 2018
Productive, I was able to get my work done.

However there was not challenges or target.
The queries was straight forward, easy to solve.

It wasn't a lively environment.
Great Workplace
E-learning Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  London24 January 2018
A good work ethos and exciting university to work in.
Plenty of work challenges and opportunities to progress to other roles if you are interested.
Continued Professional Development encouraged.
Pros
Teams are good at networking and there is good opportunity to learn from colleagues
Cons
Not enough training courses
Nice research projects with good fundings
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2017
Imperial College is a renowned University particularly in engineering and can secure good funding for their projects. The facilities are good but the management is stuck up.
Pros
Nice and serious research works
Cons
Week Supervision
Imperial College London is a great environment for professional development.
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  London27 November 2017
My typical day at work in the department of life sciences at Imperial Colleg London is often busy and eventful. I am very well supported by technical and administrative staff who ensure that equipment and facilities I require for the research that I perform are available and efficiently maintained. The work place culture is professional and colleagual. The culture to drive forward science innovations is important and one of the key reasons why I love my job. My job as a postdoctoral research associate is enjoyable and provides many exciting challenges and opportunities.
Pros
Professional working environment, sciene innovation and staff development support.
Cons
None.
World class research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  London31 October 2017
Very good place for education and learning.
Opportunity for growth and support from Peers.
Good mix of interdisciplinary research centers.
Gym with swimming pool and sauna facilities are very good.
Stressful Workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  London26 October 2017
Management is horrible, this place makes people extremely unhappy. Salary is low, job security does not exist. People even do not bother to chat with others.
Productive and fun place where to work
Summer Accommodation Duty Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London25 October 2017
Management has high consideration for the staff even if they are employed at a short period of time. I learned a lot in short period of time. very supportive environment.
Pros
learning opportunities and open minded environment very supportive
Cons
short contract offered
World known univeristy
Internal Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London7 October 2017
An exciting and busy place to work. One of the most prestigious universities in world that has a key role in new research developments in Engineering and Medicine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperial College London. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2