Imperial College London

Imperial College London Employee Reviews

United Kingdom124 reviews
Friendly environment
Nationality and friendly people. Work day is relaxing and flexible to start early or late completing 7.5 hours daily with 1 hour lunch. The company give opportunity to learn about robotics, mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software engineering projects. Management need a little bit more organising but due to the complex of the project is not bad at all. Friendly group go to do social drink after work.
Excellent employer
Firm but fair, although the work load differs greatly from post to post, on the whole there is an appreciation for all employees. Focus is on education and research, all roles support this.
Active, busy and fun workplace
The interview was simple yet effective, same with the training. Every day while working, there would be something that could come up, but your team would always help to sort it with you. Another avenue to improve ya social skills and work as a team. There is a lot of camaraderie throughout all levels and it is a safe place to work.
A place for creative and ambitious scientists
Top-quality science, friendly staff, great collaborations, teaching opportunities, excellent facilities...truly a place for creative and ambitious scientists.
Such a positive experience was also enabled by the head of my group.

The main problem (generally in academia) is lacking the permanent positions for postdocs.
Very stimulating environment
Surrounded by very motivated individuals in a very dynamic environment. Everyone shares a common passion for science and this is why it makes you feel you are in a special place.
Great summer school
Truly had an amazing time in a Imperial College London in their Global Summer school. It was really interesting to learn more about engineering and meet people from around the world. I loved being able to interact with Imperial College students and professors.
Relaxed fun atmosphere
There are lots of people keen and at the start of their careers. The atmosphere is fun and lots of ways for staff to engage across all sites. Great support offered.
Good
As a PhD student I've always received good supervision. My day is long and hard, but I enjoy working here. Imperial College London are demanding, so it can be stressful.
Was really nice atmosphere and easy to work
I’m happy to have good experiences at Imperial college as Floor Supervisor.Weekend was paying more.All staff was friendly and friendly.I can recommend to everyone to work there.
brilliant college
I learnt various skills as an engineer and experienced lots of interesting events. This is the best place for me to learn and apply knowledge into projects.
interesting place to work
During 6 years at Imperial, I have learnt a lot of skills: multitasking, working to meet deadlines.
The hardest part was to adjust to everyone's work habits.

The best part is to be engaged into different projects.
Productive and fun workplace
In this role I learnt a number of key skills needed to upgrade myself as a productive and efficient test Analyst as data is key in this environment. Typical tasks through my day to day work include working on my task and working within a team. This position taught me the importance of punctuality, teamwork and communication within the workplace.
Great university.
Held responsibility positions for 3 societies during my time at Imperial. Great support from the union staff and any of my questions were always answered promptly
a good place to do research but little prospects for advancement
Good culture, good atmosphere, nice location. Well funded and equipped but management wise it lacks a bi. Research wise they are very highly regarded and ranked.
A brilliant palce to work
Supportive senior staff. Great place for ground breaking research. Opportunities to develop and progress. Friendly and supportive culture. You never leave.
fun workplace
Very good research culture. Flexible working hour, but competitive working load. Has good collative culture and very smart colleagues.
Very good platform to grow expertise.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
too busy
Ótima Experiência
Ótimo ambiente para desenvolver projetos e atividades acadêmicas, se trata da 8ª melhor universidade do mundo afinal!
An Exceptionally unique and friendly place to work.
There are many friendly and interesting people to meet and talk to, it is definitely more of a social place to work. There is a lot for anyone to learn there, even as an employee it is a place you work and learn more about your field.
Productive with a great working environment
ICL is a great organisation to work, it provides a very relaxing working environment with equal opportunities for all.
Highly productive, challenging and fun, the vastness of the Organisation provides a huge career progression opportunity.

Imperial staff are all professionals and adhere strictly to the Imperial Expectation.
Productive and fun
Studying and working at ICL has helped me to develop both professionally and personally in the three years I've been here.
Excellent, diverse culture.
Ill organised but Third Party Employer
Was employed the day before the job began, arrived to find that all 3 people in attendance were informed it was to be teaching assistance, with no teacher present.

Once the kinks were ironed out, became a fairly enjoyable way to earn good money for little work.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Ill managed