Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Learning and development
Band 2 Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 September 2019
Great opportunity to develop skills from trainee to qualified healthcare assistant. Management is helpful and supportive with career development. I would recommend Charing Cross Hospital.
Bank Adult Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith6 August 2019
Typical day at work would include taking handovers and assessing patients.
The most enjoyable part of work was working with a friendly multidisciplinary team.
Cons
Long hours.
Sound reputation and great transport access
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  St Mary's Hospital19 July 2019
ICHT has gone through many changes. The research advancement and the medical teams are really good. Administration has advanced towards digitalisation and the team is supportive according to how management guide it. Of the hospitals I always liked St Mary's best of the 3 I worked in. Hammersmith has a different culture but Charing Cross has capable training facilities.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Challenging management
Underfunded, Hard working
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Acton Station, Greater London1 May 2019
Completely underfunded, but the staff generally work really hard and make up for this deficit. Most management will work to improve condition and will help you out if you ask.

HR Department and out-sourced finance will be the bane of your working life.
Pros
Amazing establishment to be part of.
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith and Fulham24 March 2019
Has excellent Upmarket ratings in many junctions including education, development and national rating. This establishment is well known globally for its academic and research initiatives. Penicillin was discovered in its confines.. The Trust is also very good at acknowledging individual progress and achievement
Pros
London based
Cons
Salary and pay
fun and exciting
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St Mary's Hospital28 February 2019
I have enjoyed volunteering with Imperial. The staff are easy to approach and extremely accommodating. As part of my job I am expected to direct patients to the right place and help them get there if necessary.
Pros
Reimbursement
Great team and management
HR (Current Employee) –  London10 February 2019
Great place to work, people and culture is lovely and have had opportunities to progress within the time I have worked there.

There are pressured times but the support received from management has been great.
Pros
Great people
Cons
can be stretched
Culture of abuse
Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 November 2018
During my last year on site with Imperial there was a clear culture of abuse towards patients in an effort to make the jobs of the staff on wards easier. No interest in rectification or education.
Rtt validator (Current Employee) –  St Marys's hospital30 October 2018
I been working within the Imperial for the last 1 year and 6 months and I must say its been quite the experience.
Coming from a catering background I thank the imperial for giving me the opportunity to work with them and teaching me that good ppl exist. I been working with all sorts of ppl and they all been great from the General manager to the Porter. They all been great. Sadly we all have to move on at one point so I guess this might be my. If I had to do it all over again I would still do it the same way.
Pros
Busy place to work
Cons
Busy place to work
Busy environment
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  London22 October 2018
A typical day at work centred around patient care answering numerous telephone calls, using outsourced Dictate.it for last four years and working on own initiative but using skilled multidisciplinary team appropriately to ensure all patient queries dealt with in a time- effective, appropriate manner.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with ever changing management / staff members and at the same time supporting a large team.
Pros
able to walk to work
Cons
Lack of appreciation
una nuova cultura
ostetrica (Former Employee) –  londra25 August 2018
buon ospedale. i colleghi erano davvero disponibili e i turni ben organizzati
Pros
turni
Cons
ci dovrebbe essere piu personale
Great team work
Service Support Worker/ Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  London8 August 2018
Learned lot of new skills, updates and personal relationship with management and staff. The atmosphere was good with mixed culture. The hardest was during staff shortages. Most enjoyable going out together.
Unable to meet targets due to government restrictions
Health Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paddington, Greater London5 June 2018
NHS desperately underfunded by Conservative government that want to privatise it.
Boring repetatative work.
Unsafe/dangerous working environment in a basement.
Pros
Nights so 3/4 days off/week
Cons
12 hour shifts
Friendly environment
Senior Medical Laboratory Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chelsea2 January 2018
Continuous work is brought to the laboratory almost on an hourly basis.

You will most likely be put on different sections of the laboratory so full training is required in all disciplines.

I learnt how to prioritise my work load to meet company dead lines
Staying focus during night shifts if you are not used to working nights.

Working with a team of enthusiastic staff is definitely a bonus
Pros
Offers opportunity to further education in Blood Sciences
Cons
Long hours, Limited opportunities in progression to higher banding
no longer a supportive organisation
Deputy Health Records Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 December 2017
culture has changed so much it no longer rewards loyal staff as it is going EPR admin is a serice that is being reduced. for a caring organisation staff are beig managed out on sickness policy and no redundencies so all put a risk on 12 week notice this is done to reduce staff to ensure ekectronic record is used.
Nhs
Electrical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London1 December 2017
I would be responsible for the checking of electrical equipment throughout the imperial college nhs health trust. It was a fantastic place to work with some great people around, from colleagues to management I found it very enjoyable.
Pros
job satisfaction, great environment
Excellent place to learn
Student dietitian (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London29 November 2017
I trained here for 12 weeks where I had almost weekly rotations - the only 2 week rotation was Head and Neck.

I really enjoyed the variety of specialities but weekly rotations were challenging
Terrible workplace
Health records admininstrator (Former Employee) –  London12 October 2017
Just another big organisation focused on making money and senior (band 6 and above) management having a good place to work.
Takes ages to resolve any problems and they will only deal within the house. I suppose NHS don't like bad publicity.
intersting workplace
Physicians Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 October 2017
I enjoyed this job at the beginning but once I had a child more was demanded from me which I could not accomodate for and childcare issues were not taken into consideration
Pros
great workplace
Cons
childcare
Enjoyable place to work
E-Rostering Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charing Cross, Greater London19 September 2017
I found it a good place to work. Good work is recognised and rewarded. Overtime while not encouraged is paid when it is necessary to work additional hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Reviews by Location