Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Rewarding place to work
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith27 August 2017
Rewarding To work in hospital. All contributes to the wellbeing of patients. Working along side doctors and other practitioners to help care for customers and make sure everything runs smoothly during appointments etc.
Pros
Pension scheme
Cons
Travel
Productive, learning and rewarding
Senior Financial Analyst – Financial Management (Current Employee) –  London12 July 2017
Dynamic,
Excellence,
Team working,
Solid Finance team,
Brilliant workplace culture and is very cooperative and senior management decision making is bottom up and they listen to middle management.
Enjoyable team
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith and Fulham, Greater London25 May 2017
No day is a typical day for me. My tasks would change on daily basis, however if I have to prioritise my workload then I stick to my planned day. The management in the team are extremely supportive and guide you when ask for help. The environment I work is very pressured but the staff and team make it enjoyable. Hardest part of my job is trying to keep up with all the projects, this is because the project works are moving very fast. The most enjoyable part of my job would be creating newsletters, update the internet and attending Human Resource hearings.
Pros
postive enviroment, best general manager, good team, brilliant office enviroment
Cons
external company members are not that kind to the team in ICHNT
Supportive service
Clinical Nurse Specialist-haemoglobinopathies (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith hospital22 May 2017
Most friendly haematology service within London recommend staff to work at this service and will develop further skills. Good haemoglobinopath service and good team working within the department.
Good colleagues, poor executions
Data Officer (Former Employee) –  London4 May 2017
Colleagues made this bearable, but management had to implement things that made no sense to your workload or schedule. This trust seems to have a bad rapport with many different people, from different backgrounds and at different stages in there life.
Unappreciative
Security Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 April 2017
Typical day would be being verbally abused by patients and visitors.
Hardest part is to be nice and not say anything back.
The best part of this job is to help people who needs and want to be helped.
Pros
NHS benefits and discounts
Cons
Management doesn't appreciate their staff, ignore suggestions related to workplace, things to get done take forever
Always exepect you to go the extra mile as standard
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust3 April 2017
Excellent educational opportunities but poor staff retention possibly because morale is low. There needs to be more reasons from management for why changes are made.
Excellent work culture
Stores Person (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London18 February 2017
Initially a great place of work very friendly colleagues, unfortunately privatised in late 2016.
Early start with busy days but well worth the experience.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Privatisation.
Lovely lovely staff and hospital
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  London24 January 2017
I can't sing their praises enough. They're friendly, helpful and decent human being. The managers amazing. Win win win.
Pros
Staff, lovely ward, nice canteen, do it
Great workplace
HCA (Former Employee) –  White City, Greater London10 January 2017
A typical day included assisting patients as they came in for their treatment. I checked their weight, blood pressure and glucose levels. I learnt how to communicate more effectively and developed the ability to work in a team and understand different peoples needs.
I worked with a great team and was able to develop my skills with all the training I required.
Opportunities
Project Lead - Cerner Testing (Former Employee) –  London UK3 January 2017
Strong lower management and the company gave opportunities for individuals to move up if an opening occurred. required to work with different departments to get work completed.
Excellent Trust to work for
Complaints Co-ordinator Band 6 (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2016
Worked for nearly 30 years. lots off changes over time majority for the good off patients and staff. Lovely friendly homely atmosphere. All my skills that i have achieved were gained while working at imperial
Pros
Friendly caring employer
Educational and informative
Booking Administrator/Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  West London11 August 2016
Was agency and ended with fixed term contract. It was challenging, rewarding and enjoyable working with various levels of staff.
Great workers, limited pay,
Booking Administrator (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2016
Work in the call center of hospital, always busy and workload is heavy (nature of all public sector work), limited training growth, plenty of back stabbing, high turnover, blame culture.

Great people to work with.
Pros
Job for life unless made redundant
Cons
Rude Patients, Management issue
Overall review was a great place to work
Urology Diagnostics Outpatient Administrator (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2016
Typical day at work involved arriving at front desk and answering voicemails and calls before collecting patient files to prep for nurses. I learned how to use time wisely to get things done, as a typical day can be potentially busy which results in multi-tasking quite frequently. When management first hired me I felt welcomed by their presence it was a good relationship in the end. My co-workers were very friendly we got along very well often helping each other out to get tasks done. The hardest part was time management often being distracted in not being able to get things done as often as possible. I enjoyed being around people who were very kind and compassionate often helping me when I needed it most, furthermore working in a hospital environment made be feel like I was contributing and helping those who were in extreme cases sick made me feel good about myself.
Fun workplace
IG Officer (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2016
Imperial is a good place to work and improve your professional and personal skills. I have learned a lot during my time at imperial and feel it was a very helpful experience that has prepared me for the next step in my professional carrier.

Sadly it is some of the negative sides of working for imperial or nhs which have helped me improve the most. Working long hours to reach deadlines. Having to take more responsibility and deputies for my manager, manage major projects under pressure. Take on-board areas of work which you know little about but have to learn quickly and produce high standard of work.

I guess your experience will also depends on your team and department as imperial is a very large trust.

Overall it was a stressful but definitely good learning experience that has thought me a lot.
Pros
good job secruity
Cons
stressful work environment due to workload and staff shortage
very local
Senior Payroll Officer (Current Employee) –  Basildon27 December 2015
I enjoyed working here it was a busy payroll office but the atmosphere was good a variety of work and pleasant work environment
Pros
local
Cons
change of management
productive busy workplace
Support Business Manager - Bariatric/ Outpatients (Former Employee) –  London7 December 2015
Everyday was a different day at imperial, you always had different challenges thrown your way and you learnt new things everyday which made the job interesting and kept you on your toes. The staff at Imperial are lovely and very helpful. A great place to work.
Pros
27 days paid holiday
A reasonable place to work
Voluntary Services Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Central London5 November 2015
Typical day is recruiting volunteers, training and mentoring volunteers. Also responsible for dbs CHECKING OF STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
Paperwork and politics
Good Teamwork to acheive results
Credit Control Manager (Current Employee) –  London20 October 2015
Chase individual's, Insurance companies and Embassies for outstanding invoices. Deal with queries. Produce KPI reports for Director meetings. Reduce DSO.
Pros
Good people
Cons
front end process needs improving to avoid debts occuring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Reviews by Location