Imperial Car Supermarket

Imperial Car Supermarket Employee Reviews for Sales Executive

Sales Executive12 reviews
United Kingdom12 reviews
Started the job in December 2019 with no previous experience in the trade, didn't know what to expect really but can genuinely say i love working here. The management is top class with opportunities to progress in the company which is my aim. The team i work with in tamworth make my job fun and exciting as its a good competitive environment with everyday being different. The hours are long per week but if your willing to put the work in you'll be rewarded with the salary. Follow the company process and you will do just fine.
Pros
company philosophy, management, fun, salary, company car, everyday different
Cons
Having previously worked in the Motortrade Imperial Cars are a proactive company to have joined. They embrace innovative systems and have made the customer buying process extremely slick for both the employee and the customer.
The offsite preparation structure is refreshing with stock delivered to site for immediate delivery.

The work life balance that Imperial offers is industry leading offering me two days off each week. So far, so good.
If you want to work long hours, and get topped up for minimum wage, then Imperial Cars is the place for you. Massive staff turnover as people realise in the first few weeks the place is a joke.

Poor basic wage and poor commission structure. To much staff and not enough business to go around. If you want to earn £16,000 a year and work 50+ hours a week then Imperial Cars is the place to be.
A great expanding company with fantastic opportunities for progression. Great working benefits, excellent salary and a perfect work life balance. Amazing support to achieve your goals and targets.
Too many hours, poor commission structure, many unnecessary middle management positions, very bad communication throughout the company, company lacks directions and a very bad company culture, do not take care of the staff one bit.
best place to work for, management are great and so are all the salesman.
I would highly recommend any salesman to apply for any roles that come up. you wont regret it.
Pros
everything
Cons
Despite several things I didn't like about the job if it wasn't for the hours and always working weekends I'd probably go back. Work/life balance was an issue, however I feel like I left the manager rather than the job itself, there were lots of positives
Pros
Can manage your own time, interacting with good people, sensibly driving nice cars, reasonable commission structure
Cons
Long hours, unrealistic site targets, overworked management
When you first start at imperial the first impression are fantastic however after the first week you realise Imperial talk big, when you go for the interview it’s almost the wrong way round it feels like their trying to get you to work for them way to hard.
Management is poor, rude and will do everything to screw over their own employees! Sales controllers and store managers are disconnected from the sales team however will still do everything to make the salesman's life miserable.

Everything must be done the imperial way however this changes depending on how the managers are feeling at any given moment! You can do one thing and everything's fine and do it again to someone else and they look at you like you’ve shot a dog or something?

OTE are so unrealistic it’s joke!
Pros
The sales team
Cons
Far to many to list
When you get taken on, you go away for a intense training course at hq which teaches you about Imperial, the company, culture and process.
It's a car sales job and like all sales job there is pressure to sell. 2 days a week off and a weekend a month is great and quite unusual in the motor trade. Management are hands on.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Imperial Car Supermarket?
Loved working here, only left to move to OZ. Great environment, loads of phone, hours can be a drag on a late but footfall was always there. Definitely recommend
Pros
Weekends off
great training

organised

constant development

advancement

great
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Imperial cars provided a dynamic sales environment in which I was able to learn and grow as a salesman. I was able to build customer relationships and gain knowledge on a range of prestige vehicles. My manager and fellow staff were very motivating, my team will be missed.
Pros
Freedom, staff
Cons
Hours, commission scheme