Imperial Car Supermarket

Imperial Car Supermarket Employee Reviews for Controller

Like any job if you truly work hard you will get both rewarded and recognised which leads to rapid promotion if you are a motivated person. Although the sites are open late the rota is balanced so you have quality time off.
I joined the company nearly five years ago, when it had 6 sites so not small back then however today there are 17 sites with more in the pipeline. Such expansion has afforded me the chance to progress within the business, starting as a salesman progressing to a senior sales executive and then handover manager before undertaking my current role as a sales controller. Imperial really is a company where if you are willing to put the work in then the rewards are definitely there to be had.
Started in May 19 Had my week’s training at head office which was an excellent way to be introduced to the new processes. Once at site I went from sales executive to senior and now sales controller love the job if you work hard the pay reflects it. Training manager is brilliant, so are the management they really praise the ones who put the extra effort in. Career progression is always there if you work hard
A job in sales would have not been my first choice, but Imperial Cars gave me the training, opportunities and confidence to discover that this career path was the right choice I feel acknowledged and valued as an employee and I get out what I put into my job role I am paid fairly and constantly have further mentoring and help from upper management
I've worked for Imperial Cars coming up to 3 years, and it has been unlike any of my other previous work experiences. This is a place where you can truly begin your career. Expect yourself to be busy all the time, in this fast paced environment within the Motor Industry where there is never a dull moment! Since being here I have been able to progress onto new positions which have become available with the expansion of the company. You will do well here as long as you are focused and self motivated. The most enjoyable part of working for Imperial Cars has to be the people you meet here, we are all one BIG family!
Despite long hours, enjoyable culture results with great work ethic. Green to the industry but given help and mentoring to progress. A growing company always helping people to achieve.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Imperial cars is an excellent employer I have worked here for five years and have progressed several times the balance between work and time with the family has been a highlight with ten days off a month As a company we offer competitive cars with a high preparation level which means we deal with a vast majority of footfall this means the opportunities and variety of a daily workplace is high
Pros
uncapped commision
Cons
late hours
Fantastic company to work for, I have worked in a few other dealerships and there must be a reason to why i came back!! Enjoy working with the company management are very supportive.
Pros
Job for life you can enjoy
Cons
Hours but it’s the motor trade
Started working here with no sales experience, quickly found my feet and became the top salesman most months, was promoted to senior salesman within 6 months, not just for my sales but because of my leadership and nothing to hard to do work ethic, which stemmed from my military days. Recently promoted to Sales Controller second to the Manager in the garage. Hard work and working weekends can get you down at times, long hours used to be rewarded with great pay, but now this is not the case.
Pros
fun place to work, good team and competitive edge with other sales staff
Cons
long hours, weekend work, pay been halved, targets set too high that have never been achieved even before i started working there