Imperial Car Supermarket Employee Reviews

brilliant
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth18 September 2019
best place to work for, management are great and so are all the salesman.
I would highly recommend any salesman to apply for any roles that come up. you wont regret it.
Pros
everything
Ok wages, bad management
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Millbrook9 September 2019
Seemed like a good company to work for at the start, all very well thought out buisness but I didn't work there for that long, Management favour people so new comers or outsiders don't feel wanted, had no clue who was incharge and don't get treated very well.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Management is useless, quick oveturn of staff
Good cars, nice sites, too many hours!
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Bath Road, Bristol9 September 2019
Such a shame about this job as Imperial Cars take on modern and well positioned sites. Way too many working hours per week although you do get 2 days off per week plus one full weekend off per month.

Lots of false promises from management.
Pros
Weekend off every month.
Cons
Very long hours
Avoid
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Northampton3 May 2019
When you first start at imperial the first impression are fantastic however after the first week you realise Imperial talk big, when you go for the interview it’s almost the wrong way round it feels like their trying to get you to work for them way to hard.
Management is poor, rude and will do everything to screw over their own employees! Sales controllers and store managers are disconnected from the sales team however will still do everything to make the salesman's life miserable.
Everything must be done the imperial way however this changes depending on how the managers are feeling at any given moment! You can do one thing and everything's fine and do it again to someone else and they look at you like you’ve shot a dog or something?

OTE are so unrealistic it’s joke!
Pros
The sales team
Cons
Far to many to list
Low salary, problems.
Car Technician (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh26 March 2019
I worked 60 hours every other week. Too much. The company has introduced a computer information storage, part ordering. Modern, good system, if it works. The system crashed regularly.
Long hours but good opportunity
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth, Falkirk15 March 2019
When you get taken on, you go away for a intense training course at hq which teaches you about Imperial, the company, culture and process.
It's a car sales job and like all sales job there is pressure to sell. 2 days a week off and a weekend a month is great and quite unusual in the motor trade. Management are hands on.
Terrible place to work
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Grangemouth10 March 2019
Unrealistic targets and when you don’t meet them they just sack you. No support or training. I was 3 months into a new role. When I made a few mistakes it was the end of the world and got no training, coaching or support. I watched the Sales Crontroller bad mounts every single member of staff behind their back and try to get people who were not performing sacked rather than do his job and coach and develop. Some of these other “reviews” are FAKE.
I’ve workes with some good company’s and some bad bit imperial cars was the worst
Pros
2 days of a week
Cons
Too many to list
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire17 January 2019
Moving to Imperial Cars from my previous employment was the best move that I ever made. There's always the opportunity to progress and develop within the business. The workplace is fairly laid back and is a great working environment. It's great to be a part of such a quickly expanding organisation.
Great place to work with great people :)
good workplace
Aftersales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire15 January 2019
very good company to work for. all staff and management are very friendly and supportive. good basic salary and good amount of breaks long lunch.Very good place to work.
Pros
salary, staff
Great working evironment with expanding company
Aftersales Manager (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth, Falkirk15 January 2019
Started with Imperial Grangemouth last year but was wary as I had not heard of them previously. This was their first venture in Scotland but thought the opportunity would be good with it being their first branch in Scotland and glad to say all has worked out well. Great work culture and team in the branch. The business is continuing to develop and look forward to the future ahead.
Pros
Great environment/work culture
Cons
Not enough awareness of the company name in Scotland
Fun company to work for
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire15 January 2019
If you actually want to enjoy coming to work the call centre is the place to be. Extremely busy with a great team creates an energetic environment. Low turn over of staff so get to know everyone really well
Pros
fun, busy
Cons
hours
Get Him Out in It!
Sales Controller (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire15 January 2019
Despite long hours, enjoyable culture results with great work ethic.
Green to the industry but given help and mentoring to progress.
A growing company always helping people to achieve.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Imperial Car Supermarkets (Sales Dept)
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton15 January 2019
No day in any sales dept is typical you get to meet different people from different and diverse backgrounds which makes life interesting. The company is undergoing major expansion with new sites opening all of the time which means that the opportunities for advancement are always available if you wish to progress.
The company although expanding still has a small feel about it and all of the senior managers and directors are very approachable.
My job has its moments but what job does not but i find working at Imperial to be rewarding and exciting and it really is a great place to work.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Northampton15 January 2019
Loved working here, only left to move to OZ. Great environment, loads of phone, hours can be a drag on a late but footfall was always there. Definitely recommend
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Profesional and career minded company
Sales Controller (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire15 January 2019
Imperial cars is an excellent employer
I have worked here for five years and have progressed several times
the balance between work and time with the family has been a highlight with ten days off a month

As a company we offer competitive cars with a high preparation level
which means we deal with a vast majority of footfall
this means the opportunities and variety of a daily workplace is high
Pros
uncapped commision
Cons
late hours
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk15 January 2019
I have always worked in a main dealer environment.
I can assure you I would never go back.

It’s a great place to be and I can honestly say I enjoy going to work every day.
Pros
Incentives/One team/Career progression
***Awesome used car retailer***
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands13 November 2018
BRING YOUR A GAME AND ACHIEVE

Discipline, consistency and fun is the key to developing a career within the most dynamic used car retailing environment i have ever worked in.

Awesome company culture, high performers are rewarded and promoted through the rank.

Uniquely you get 4 days off a month together, which is brilliant for those who have families.

IF YOU CAN BE ONE OF OUR AMBASSADORS COME AND JOIN US AND CONTRIBUTE TO OUR SUCCESS AND GROWTH.
Pros
2 days off in the week and an additional 4 days off over the weekend
Cons
Distance from HQ, Not enough stock, due to high stock turn at sites.
All in all solid job
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Millbrook13 November 2018
new stuff sometimes, relaxed atmosphere, fun employees. my role has given me chances to do certain tasks i never thought i would have experience in, cracking!
Pros
I would class myself as a Pro
Cons
this is not a con, it is a real job
Excellent Company
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire13 November 2018
Rewarding if your willing to work for it!!
Aftersales Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire12 November 2018
I have been here 5 years and started at the bottom, with hard work determination and the willingness to learn and move as the progression opens up this is a great place to be. Salary is good with achievable targets and all employees and managers are welcoming and friendly.
Pros
Good pay & a job to last
Cons
Longer hours & no sick pay