Imperial Car Supermarket

Imperial Car Supermarket Employee Reviews

United Kingdom64 reviews
working at imperial has been very enjoyable. The staff are all very friendly and you get a sense of a “family unit” very quickly. I have enjoyed working with the company over the past 6 years and watching it grow into what it is now gives a sense of pride.
Pros
Friendly people on all levels
Cons
Commute to work since HQ moved location
Good money. Not worth all the work.too many hours. Management favourite individuals and happy to blame anyone but themselves.pay is good if you work stupid hours.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours of work are crazy around 60 hours a week ... even though it is claimed you work on shifts ..not the case.

They do not care about you as a person and your job is always under threat especially if they are not hitting target.

No teamwork it is every man for himself , even if I have to tread on my colleague to get a deal.
My experience with Imperial Cars was a lot better than my past. They are very supportive inside and outside of work. They are a very professional company to work with and I say with as they work with you not like a lot of companies who expect a lot of things unlike Imperial cars who help and support you which is very refreshing and takes a lot of pressure from you.
Like any job if you truly work hard you will get both rewarded and recognised which leads to rapid promotion if you are a motivated person.
Although the sites are open late the rota is balanced so you have quality time off.
I joined the company nearly five years ago, when it had 6 sites so not small back then however today there are 17 sites with more in the pipeline. Such expansion has afforded me the chance to progress within the business, starting as a salesman progressing to a senior sales executive and then handover manager before undertaking my current role as a sales controller. Imperial really is a company where if you are willing to put the work in then the rewards are definitely there to be had.
Started the job in December 2019 with no previous experience in the trade, didn't know what to expect really but can genuinely say i love working here. The management is top class with opportunities to progress in the company which is my aim. The team i work with in tamworth make my job fun and exciting as its a good competitive environment with everyday being different. The hours are long per week but if your willing to put the work in you'll be rewarded with the salary. Follow the company process and you will do just fine.
Pros
company philosophy, management, fun, salary, company car, everyday different
Cons
Having previously worked in the Motortrade Imperial Cars are a proactive company to have joined. They embrace innovative systems and have made the customer buying process extremely slick for both the employee and the customer.
The offsite preparation structure is refreshing with stock delivered to site for immediate delivery.

The work life balance that Imperial offers is industry leading offering me two days off each week. So far, so good.
Started in May 19
Had my week’s training at head office which was an excellent way to be introduced to the new processes. Once at site I went from sales executive to senior and now sales controller love the job if you work hard the pay reflects it.

Training manager is brilliant, so are the management they really praise the ones who put the extra effort in. Career progression is always there if you work hard
The company really cares about their employees and their customers. Excellent working environment with a fantastic induction process that shows the structure and vision for the continued success of the business .
A job in sales would have not been my first choice, but Imperial Cars gave me the training, opportunities and confidence to discover that this career path was the right choice

I feel acknowledged and valued as an employee and I get out what I put into my job role I am paid fairly and constantly have further mentoring and help from upper management
Imperial cars is a very busy work place, which makes the day go by really quickly. Everyone works as a team to get the job done and i find the work very satisfying.
Pros
working hours
Cons
sometimes volume can be daunting
Great company to work for, work/home life balance is great, get two days off a week and an extra weekend off during the month. If you are career driven and really want to move up this is the place to do it.
If you want to be treated like a mug then work for this company. Most shocking place I’ve ever worked mamanagent is horrendous. Bullying by senior members of staff, sectioned out, all good reviews are bribed to be fake
Pros
Cons
No management skills, no control over bullying and bad mouthing. Shocking pay, no recognition, fake reviews.
If you want to work long hours, and get topped up for minimum wage, then Imperial Cars is the place for you. Massive staff turnover as people realise in the first few weeks the place is a joke.

Poor basic wage and poor commission structure. To much staff and not enough business to go around. If you want to earn £16,000 a year and work 50+ hours a week then Imperial Cars is the place to be.
The market is comptitive but Imperial Cars make work a fun place to be. There is a friendly and fun environment and everyone makes you feel welcome. It is one of the best companies i have worked in and management are approachable which doesn't happen everywhere! not a place i am leaving anytime soon.
Although not being at imperial long they have helped me to fit in well, everyone is accommodating and always happy to help! You have good incentives to always keep you aiming higher and even though i haven't been there long i can tell them my confidence has grown, and will continue to. They are so friendly and will go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable there. You can have a laugh and it is such a relaxed atmosphere but we are competitive ;) The interview was a relaxed one and spent most of it chatting - they like to find your true colours
Great company to work for, annual awards ceremony which is great funny, great earning potential.
for ever expanding so internal progression and career enhancement will be available for driven individuals
Pros
10 days off a month
I work with a great team of enthusiastic people who are supportive and approachable. The office is beautiful and and there is a lovely atmosphere throughout. I answer calls and book test drives.
I've only been at Imperial Cars for a few months now and I love it, the team are really friendly and welcoming. The management are so understanding, relaxed but professional. We have a target to hit but it isn't pressured, you do what you can and the management make it fun, you get given targets and prizes. They definitely reward you for your hard work. Fantastic team to be a part of. :)
I've worked for Imperial Cars coming up to 3 years, and it has been unlike any of my other previous work experiences. This is a place where you can truly begin your career. Expect yourself to be busy all the time, in this fast paced environment within the Motor Industry where there is never a dull moment!

Since being here I have been able to progress onto new positions which have become available with the expansion of the company. You will do well here as long as you are focused and self motivated. The most enjoyable part of working for Imperial Cars has to be the people you meet here, we are all one BIG family!