Immediate Media Co Employee Reviews

Went downhill
Editor (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London16 August 2019
This company used to be fun and a great place to work but in the past year, everyone's workload has doubled and staff have been cut and left with little or no freelance budget. Most people are now overworked and being told they should just be thankful they have a job.
Toxic environment
Technical Operator (Current Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire5 June 2019
Boring job with terrible pay, but very easy. No chance of progression. Management are a joke. Only good thing is the hours worked on average per week.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low salary
Excellent work environment and warm culture
Excel specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol30 August 2018
1. Lively work environment and people here are very welcoming.
2. Learned how to balance work and life.
3. Management is highly professional.
4. Very friendly and warm people.
5. I was on my own, no team member to rub minds with on the job.
6. Always look forward to Friday team bonding.
Pros
Friday team bonding
Cons
No extra time
Great work life balance
Ad Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith, London23 August 2018
Fantastic Company to work for, i've enjoyed my time here and wish it could go on longer. I cycle 15 mins to work and have a shower in their brand new refurbished shower rooms, everyone who cycles has access to their own individual lockers. Once i get changed i proceed to the canteen to get a snack, sometimes healthy and sometimes not so healthy. I sit next to my manager, and his dedication and professional attitude is inspiring, his commitment to the titles at Immediate media rubs off on everyone who works alongside him. The office is laid back with a dress as you like attitude, and a early leave once month on Friday's. The Christmas rush was hectic on the weekly publications, but very satisfying to see the finished article. Every year Immediate Media have a company away day, where events, activities, food & drink is laid on for the staff and its all free.
Pros
Location and staff
Fab place to work
Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol20 June 2018
Such a great place to work with fantastic people, a great HR system and allows a great work/life balance. Always willing to help you move up in the company and develop your skills with lots of training opportunities.
Productive and fun place to work
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Studley28 April 2018
Busy production office, planning and organising shopping channel with quality Jewellery, both demonstrating how to build and available to purchase.
Integral member in production office, running all facilities aspects of the four sites, including all purchases / financial budgets, IT systems, preventative maintenance, space planning and Health and Safety procedures.
Pros
Beautiful work place
Dream Job
Freelancing (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 June 2017
Loved it here! I was only here for work experience but was able to work completely as part of the team, and it was my dream job & dream company! 6 weeks was not long enough!
Productive and fun place to work
Acting Deputy Editor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 April 2017
- Fast paced and exciting every single day
- Great management team who are always on hand to help and make sure you reach full potential
- Fun and sociable workplace
- Hardest part is getting everything completed in a day
- The most enjoyable thing is doing what you love
Pros
Sociable events put on
Cons
Great company to work for with some great people
Senior cross media sales (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith and Fulham, Greater London7 April 2017
fantastic culture with some top class brands. they really do look after you and put on regular social events to make everyone feel part of the company.
Pros
amazing culture
Cons
hard work with long hours
fun work experience
Writer (Former Employee) –  London2 April 2017
I only did a week of work experience here but it was really fun and everyone i worked with were really friendly.

I learned many new skills and some have proven to be completely invaluable to my role now
Lovely company
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Brisol6 March 2017
Great people, interesting products - occasionally a little chaotic! Two offices in London and Bristol so lots of options for development across the two bases.
Productive and fun workplace
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bristol13 February 2017
Offices are vibrant and make you enjoy going to work in the morning. Teams are lovely and everyone is friendly. Productive and motivational people are surrounding you.
Great atmosphere and work ethic
Children's and Youth Magazines Department (Former Employee) –  London19 January 2017
Gave me heaps of experience on writing, filming, photoshop and InDesign. Also offered a challenge in adapting writing style for children.
A fantastic placement
Good atmosphere
- (Current Employee) –  London8 April 2016
Good working atmosphere at Immediate Media. Thoroughly enjoy working here, but there are weaknesses in the management.

Some very pleasant people here.
Productive and fun workplace
Junior developer (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 February 2016
A typical day would be to arrive, have an agile management meeting in the morning and then working on the current project for the rest of the day.
Amazing workplace with a nurturing culture
Subscriptions Marketing Coordinator and assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG10 September 2013
Started at Immediate Media during the launch phase and managed to build some key relationships enabling me to enhance my skills in marketing. All management supported my wishes to progress by providing me with various project work and then a new role.

Co workers were extremely supportive and found each day a fulfilling one. Immediate Media provided a hard working yet social environment, motivating individuals to give their best.
my experience at immediate media
credit controller (Former Employee) –  west london19 March 2013
Great company to work for, shame about the lack of progression and retention in staff.