Imagine Independence

Imagine Independence Employee Reviews

It's a good stepping stone for a better career
Working at Imagine is very rewarding. I have had the pleasure of seeing clients who are socially isolated and depressed completely transform after seeing a befriender for a year. I have also worked with some wonderful colleagues.

If you want a career in Health & Social care of perhaps a job in Mental Health and Wellbeing Imagine is an excellent place to start.
Poor
No career opportunities. Staff morale exceptionally poor. Paid for own continued development to advance my career. Zero support from my line manager who knew little of how to manage/support employees. Goal posts constantly changed, no continuity. Pay stayed the same for many years however job continued to grow with no support or positive feedback. Stayed for as long as I did because of the feedback from service users and the fact I was making a difference.
Great staff, great management and great clients too
Well what can I say, very supported work environment, long shifts yet plenty of time off to get over them, management are very supportive in the demands of the role, pay is good and no issues in payment, would recommend this role to anyone who wants a challenging, rewarding career
Pros
Great management, staff team
Cons
None that i can think off
Avoid
I worked for this organisation in 2003. They weren’t very good or very supportive. Had a terrible manager who didn’t have any proper management skills or people skills for that matter. I booked annual leave only to be told later I couldn’t have it off after it had been agreed. The job was boring. Long unsociable hours with not much to do and poor pay. Would never work for Imagine again.
Pros
Cons
Poor management / poor salary
pay
no wage rise in 10 years , no unsocial hours payments , how do they get away with it. the staff are hard working dedicated team . managers great. but morale low no incentives prices going up but no consiceration for staff . like or leave it attitude . useless unions.
Pros
Cons
long hours low pay . no incentives
Amazing place to work
i have worked in the women's department for imagine independence and in the time of working there personally i thoroughly enjoyed working at the company, work was challenged as it would be in any mental health company however i learnt a lot whilst working here, all training was giving, the staff team there are amazing to work with, they all support each other completely through any challenging times, the management constantly make sure their work staff are looked after and any concerns are dealt with immediately, i felt, as a staff member, completely looked after whilst working there, i learnt a lot and feel there are many career opportunities available
Pros
excellent staff team, outstanding CQC report
Cons
Shift blocks
Great management, valued staff.
Having worked in the company's Women's Services department I can honestly say this is the best company i've ever worked for. Staff team was so supportive and management really look after you. The work can be stressful and anxiety provoking but management always took the time to make sure staff were coping and went above and beyond to make sure staff were happy at work. Staff are listened to and ideas and concerns taken seriously. Lots of opportunities to develop specialist skills in working with very complex women and lots of other job opportunities across the company if you wanted to try something new or progress. Wages are not amazing but were actually more than other companies who employ similar staff. I learned so much whilst with Imagine and was proud to be part of a service that was rated outstanding by CQC. All in all a great place to work.
Pros
Lots of development and training, very rewarding work
Cons
anti social hours
Management are tyrants
If you value your sanity then don't work for this company. They don't care about your work and home life balance, and if they had their way you would never spend time with your family. The management are tyrants.
Pros
Cons
very bad company to work for
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Imagine Independence?
independant
Supporting secondary mental health clients into full time secure and sustainable employment through one to one coaching, training and development, can take from 3 months to 2 years to complete.
Pros
manage own case load
Cons
flat hiaracy
Very poor company, no communication from senior management and will change their minds to best suit them and not to their service users.
One of he worst companies I've worked for! they have some great staff members but don't utilise them. Senior management are very poor, Whilst I was there I seen and heard horror stories. There pay doesn't reflect the work you do.
Pros
Staff, No signs of abuse to service users.
Cons
Communication, pay, will just make it up as they go along and keep people guessing on what they are doing.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imagine Independence. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8