Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio Employee Reviews

Ambiente amichevole
cameriere di sala (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CA8 February 2020
Ottimo posto per lavorare in gruppo
Ambiente di lavoro con fast pace
Possibilità di crescita professionale
making tip money
Server (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CA2 February 2020
Good place to get your foot in the door in the restaurant industry. Not a place to work for in the long term. Management needs to improve drastically.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA23 January 2020
Aprendi muchas cosas y tienen buen ambiente laboral
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I learned every day how to do better performance as a server
Server (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CA1 December 2019
What I enjoy most at Il Fornaio is when my guest leave with great satisfaction with my service as a waiter and great experience with the Italian cuisine.
But I think as a employee at Il Fornaio management is not always supporting with equipment and is difficult sometimes to do a better performance but I do my best to find the way to not jeopardize the guest experience.
Ambiente lavorativo adeguato
Commessa (Former Employee) –  Novara, Piemonte6 November 2019
Gruppi lavorativi organizzati bene. Esperienza interessante!!
Na
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA22 October 2019
I learn a lot in these place and lots of food. Is a good place to work just needs to give more hrs and they need to start paying vacations hrs for people of full time
Great place to work!
Il fornaio restaurant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV21 October 2019
Great place to work, lots of room to grow with in the company, managers pretty good as well is a great place to work, great coworkers, they're like one big family from front of the house to back of the house!
Pros
Coworkers, great money
Amazing Italian Restaurant
Busser (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CA13 October 2019
Very nice professional amazing management, but sometimes I couldn't deal with 24 hours in 2 days at the jobs pace. My back would hurt a lot and I would have to hide the pain for hours and hours.
steady bartending job
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CA10 September 2019
consistent lots of regulars , no surprises , companies been around a long time and they’re a bit stuck in their ways for better or for worse, that being said job is super secure and easy to get the hang of
ambiente piacevole
panettiere pasticcere pizzaiolo (Former Employee) –  20099 Sesto San Giovanni3 September 2019
ambiente piacevole , lavoravo tranquillo senza stress
Not worth your time
Food server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CA20 August 2019
Don’t waste your time is a waste of your talent move on. There are better things out there with better pay and more respectful management to their employees. Every time there is a meeting is about how to take away the very little benefits that employees have, and I don’t mean really benefits. They will fix your schedule so you won’t put more than qualifying hour for benefits.
Not the best place to work
Food Runner/Busser (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CA16 August 2019
If you have any self respect, don't work here. There were many managers that worked there during the time I was employed. That is never a good thing in a company. The GM is the type to just allow things to keep happening the way they are as long as they sort of work. No improving as a company or trying to work better as a team. He just wants to stay afloat, that's it. Whenever we got some like new spoons that we needed for a while it was like,"wow! Look at that! New spoons!". He did not stay on top of things like that or even care to ask the employees what they needed to do their jobs. A lot of simple stuff like that was overlooked here.
Brilliant workplace environment!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA30 July 2019
I had a great time working at Il Fornaio because of the people and because the quick pace of the environment suited my personality! I learned valuable customer service, as well as restaurant management skills.
Good learning experience
IL Fornaio Line cook (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA17 July 2019
Chef is awesome, pay is horrible, hours were good, some employees are just angry people and perverted, I liked my job but the circumstances and pay weren’t worth the headache.
Pros
Chef is awesome, my station was fun
Cons
employees yelling at you like they are in charge, drama between coworkers, low pay
Hard work but the bosses are reasonable.
Food Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CA10 July 2019
I was a dishwasher. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the fast paced environment and making sure the chefs have all the necessary supplies and utensils to cook.
Good, short experience.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CA23 June 2019
I also learned a lot about myself and food here. I adored my coworkers and this was my first real formal job. I don’t regret working here, but I do regret not speaking up about my hours.
Pros
Free food, loved my coworkers.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Be careful
Waiter (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin14 May 2019
I don't recommend this place because at first they call you to work to a trial, and when you go there they don't look like you work, then with the excuse that you don't have enough experience, they don't call you back and they don't even pay you. They already know who will go to work in stead of you the next day and the latter will be exploited just like they did with you.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Exploitation
It was a very structured company that has a great client following among their restaurants..
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CA14 May 2019
I was the opening bartender for the Corte Madera store in Marin County of SF. My duties were to set the bar for the day and maintain customer service for my guest and service the servers on the floor for libations and barista service.
I love the interaction with guest and developed a repeat clientele at my bar and was able to handle food orders, delivery and service the servers on the floor.
I maintained the bar as for specific juice, drink ingredients and stock on a daily basis.
Pros
Location and stores reputation
Cons
Bar area needs an improvement to better deliver service.
Excelente Servicio, Calidad y Trato
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CA28 April 2019
Esta empresa cuenta con un servicio extraordinario, la calidad de la comida y la atmósfera son excepcionales y el trato al cliente tanto com al empleado es excelente.
Not a bad place to work unless business is slow
Catering Cook (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA15 April 2019
I understand every business wants and needs to make a profit or even maximize its profit. When business is slow and a full-time worker has less than 40 hours to work, that's when you start thinking about your financial needs and plan. Would you be better off with another job?
Pros
Free lunch, yes.But it's reported as your income.
Cons
No holidays observed.