IKEA
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Sales Representative53 reviews
United Kingdom53 reviews
Good hourly rate, much better than the minimum wage. There is a disconnect between departments so it can be hard to make friends. There seems to be a high turnover of staff and I'm not sure if this is because they employ a lot of students or if it has anything to do with the shift system, which is fairly inflexible. Rotas given out 4 weeks in advance, holidays must be booked a year in advance.
Perfect place to grow up in retail field. Give you the opportunity to know the business and work in a collaborative working environment where you can give your ideas and be yourself.
All workers are payed and treated fairly. Everyone is so welcoming and kind. I highly recommend working here. With such a relaxed environment, with such understanding co workers.
What a miserable excuse for a job. Bulling is popular amongst management and staff conditions are very poor. Always understaffed and overworked. Wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone...
Management is horrendous at IKEA They are so disorganised and are only out for themselves and as much as they say they look after employees they lie. Work-life balance is also terrible No contracted days meaning you can’t organise anything in advance of a week as the rota comes out a week before
Pros
Salary
Cons
I enjoy working with the customers, making work varied and enjoyable. The best part of the job.

The company has great values but some people do not live up to them. Management are in the whole good.
I thoroughly enjoyed my job with Ikea, during the 4 years I had a lot of product knowledge and will probably reapply. My only negative thought is, the only way I could survive on a part time contract was to look for the additional hours in other departments which I was able to do and this worked in my benefit as I became more knowledgeable within Ikea.
The most enjoyable part of the job is your colleagues, they're there to support, lead, train, teach and better you personally and as a co-worker. The management are never around to help. Co-workers make the business run. Day to day is different per day with an added amount of stress from above and the expectations are too high to keep on top of. Funnily enough no managers know how to do the basics to help. This isn't across the store but it's felt in many departments, you're very alone.
Typical day at work was very physical. most enjoyable part of the job was making friends and the important relationships you build with people. Management as a whole was okay some better than others but it depends where you were placed.
If you need an bit of extra money coming in its a good place to work for but if your looking for a full time position with IKEA you could be waiting a while. If your a student, full time parent or only looking for part time work its ideal.
Days repeat every time you go to work. Management don't really care unless you have a way to make the company money or giving brown nose treatment.

The workplace culture with other co-workers is great you meet some good people that make the job a bit easier BUT be careful who you speak to, especially those who are close to management. For example I asked a manager and someone walking with him who was close to the managers, walking by my department about job security, then the next morning I was pulled into HR for asking to many questions.

All in all, just keep your head down and do your job and don't ask questions.
I worked here for just for over 3 years and I met a lot of good people and learnt a lot. The hourly pay was great and didn’t depend on what age you were, unlike most other retail businesses. Staff discount on lunches and store purchases as well as an amazing bonus at Christmas time. The company paid for each department to go out and do an activity a few times a year.

Only downfall really was managers weren’t willing to give you a higher contract (even though it states in the handbook that after 12 weeks of doing over time you were entitled to a higher contract) even after bringing this up, managers were still not committed to increasing it but would still rota you in for over time. They would always hire people on 16 hour contracts or less, so they had more people on shifts.

I was often left alone on shifts and expected to complete the daily tasks while tidying and serving customers which I got a bit sick of. I never really got to work with others co workers. Management could’ve been a little more supportive and build better relationships with their employees, I found a lot of team leaders / managers ignored you.
Pros
Christmas bonus, discounted lunches and discount on everything in store
Cons
No open door for progression, small contracts
Preach family values which they don't actually care about. Hours dont allow for a good mix between home and work life. Good products and good people though, one of the friendliest workplaces I've seen.
IKEA has amazing staff and a great working environment. I found it quite easy to get on with people inside and outside my department team. I never had any issues with my team and still consider many great friends.
Pros
good food prices
Cons
not as flexible with hours etc
Been at this company a while now. Benefits are great; discounts, bonuses, gifts. Free food and drink is great. Fantastic and varied menu to keep things fresh.

Like working for the company and selling the products. New products created monthly. Day to day roles can change.

Progression and career development is rubbish. Overlooked time and time again. Management certainly have their favourites.

On the positive side anybody can be hired! Seen all types of people get through the induction only to take the mick once hired.
Pros
Benefits, gifts, bonuses.
Cons
Management, weekend working.
IKEA is a wonderful place to help you grow and progress within your personal development. I worked there for 2 years and 10 months. It helped me to move on and go further with my career. However, I felt it was time to leave when management went down hill and lots of rules changed on the way we should work. I worked in the call centre, for 1 and 1/2 years, and had to change departments. Everyone was leaving due to how challenging working on the phones were, you can be a strong person and still feel mentally and physically drained with several inbound escalates and serious complaints day in day out.

It can be very stressful but a rewarding job with all the benefits and bonuses you get. You learn many thing and get training when you wish to go further.

I relocated to Email correspondence department and was there for a year, it was brilliant! Getting to communicate with your co-workers if you needed help or clarification on whether you are following the right process. Help was always available and eveyone at IKEA is like a family. It was more laid back and there was no rush. You could spend more time making sure all customers are dealt with properly.

I would go back to IKEA, if management was like it used to be and everyone didn't have to be multi skilled (emails,social media,webchat and frontline calls) as the reason I left was not being able to put myself under the stress of having to go 10 hours on the phone any day of the week, when resources were low.
Take care of co-workers, feel valued
Possible career progression

Good pay and benefits

Free food, drink, salad and fruit

Only 1 weekend off per month
Pros
Wage, staff, free food and drink
Cons
1 weekend off per month, overtime is hard to come by
Constantly having to do work that is above my pay grade, zero chance of promotion. No offer of overtime or longer shifts when requested, offered as little time in as possible with excess days e’g 6 days in out of 7 on 4 hour shifts, shift patterns don’t make sense and never given correct holidays or time off! Just total lack of care from management.
Pros
Staff food usually very good
Cons
Short shifts, have to be available every weekend, bank holidays etc.
Job is a good job to work if you have no availability issues or commitments. You get given training and there is not always development as in team leader/manager jobs available but you have a lot of different departments to work around the store and a lot of knowledge to gain in the store.
Pros
Tertials, Bonus, Easter gift, Christmas Gift, Discounted Food, Staff Discount
Beware! This place is full of fake career climbers,cliquey management and will side with customers over you every time! Also,keep your Facebook private,as they will be watching that too! Don't be lured by the fakery! Avoid at all costs!!!
Pros
Leaving!
Cons
Profit over people EVERY TIME!
I enjoyed this job so much, it allowed me to work as part of a strong team and helped me manage multiple tasks, keeping me constantly busy and there was always amazing rewards both in pay/prizes and verbal recognition.
Pros
friendly co workers everyone works together as a team
Cons
would have liked more room to grow
My time at IKEA was great. Unfortunately there was no full time hours available. I had to leave due to this. Subsidized meals and lunches were a great benefit along with a good work-life balance.
Pros
Subsidized meals
Cons
No full time hours available