IKEA
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative99 reviews
United Kingdom99 reviews
A typical day at work was hard. Really fast paced enviroment.
I learned how to deal with customers and problem solving skills were imporved. Great people and friendly atmosfair
In the Sheffield Callcentre ...Seems a good place to work but don’t be fooled. The team managers have never done the job that you are doing therefore you know better than them really.
They all have their favourites if your face doesn’t fit you won’t last long.

A lot of staff get away with doing nothing, personally I had an opinion so I was regularly summoned for meetings even though I exceeded all my targets.

My manager was weak, and clueless, the team to be fair were really good but scared of the manager.

Any of the team leaders would throw you down the stair to keep their own job,

On a daily basis I was sworn at and threatened by customers who thought that the goods they purchased were poor quality ... NEVER ..if you pay £30 for a wardrobe you get a £30 wardrobe .

Do yourself a favour the cons far out weigh the pros don’t do it !!!!!!!
Job role is stressful and support from management is minimal, training is very basic and doesn't prepare you for the job role sufficiently, throw you in a the deep end type of enviroment.
I learned a lot of customer skills at IKEA and how to deal with all kinds of customers. On a general day i would sit in my allocated seats and wait for the calls to come through aiding the customer in which ever way was required.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Ikea. Not once did I meet someone who made me feel uncomfortable in my two years of working for this company. Everyone is absolutely lovely
I have worked here for nearly 2 years. You make really good friends. The pay is good, it £9.30 an hour. Its always busy so you always have something to do. It gives you lots of opportunities and is full of challenges.
co worker and friendly, however the pay is terrible. A lot of managers promote only friends, unfortunately. The parking is far and not easily accessible on foot especially during the night,
Employees given every opportunity to advance themselves.
Chances of working in other countries and cultures.

A good attitude to family/life arrangements.

Enjoyable due to the amount of knowledge that can be shared worldwide at the flick of a switch or one to one phone calls.

Good IT backup.
Not much I can say about ikea unfortunately, working in the customer service part I’m dealing with a lot of stressful calls from customers with very little help or support from the managers... if you can ever find them.
The staff there is what makes ikea and okay place to work. Discount is only 15% and there is no family or friends offer and there a loop holes to jump through to use the discount. Think twice before applying please
I work in the restaurant which is renowned for being busy however, I have made so many friends through working there. I will leave with friends for life. The management are also always helpful, understanding and are always on the coworkers side. The benefits are amazing when working there and is perfect for students who hate working weekends - with having one weekend off a month.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IKEA?
Management is poor , they don’t really take their own values serious.
Everything about them and their target

No social life

Very controlling Place to work

U see a lot of cultures in certain places in company not very diverse , they make you think they are diverse but they are not!

Forget about progress , cannot live on your salary alone

Just
IKEA was one of the best places to work, you make friends within the store no matter what department you are on. Never any dull moment, always something to do. Only problem i would say is not much room for progression, this is only reason for me leaving IKEA.
it was interesting and supportive.the training thought me about confidentiality, money handling and respecting peoples diversity.i was also introduced to time management and other responsibilities for example orders and complaint (which were few and easy to solve)
Checking for new orders, booking in the dates, contacting customers if dates to be changed. Checking if orders being sent from store or if customers ordered online. Booking remedial jobs, if any damaged goods to be replaced, some times order bookings error, goods to be re ordered and charged for. My Manager was great, very helpful. The team I worked with all friendly and provided a great customer service, when at the customers homes.I enjoyed speaking to the customers and trying to book the dates they preferred.
An excellent place to work, new challenges each day with friendly co-workers. Customer services, in particular, is a rewarding role at this company. I would recommend this workplace.
It was a fun place to work and I enjoyed my time there . I usually would look forward to working there and I liked assisting people from diverse backgrounds . Furthermore the hardest part of the job was helping customers where solutions weren't clear however every problems has a solution.
Great working environment, with colleagues that believe in team work, ethics and supporting each other. Friendly and professional atmosphere, you learn a lot every day .
Pressured if you are on the front line, stressful and very unrewarding. Some supervisors are clueless about treating their staff correctly, but they too are under extreme pressure. If you can do the politics here you will get on well. That said, there are some great middle managers, sincere and wonderful people that do value their co-workers. It's a real mixed bag. But overall, the family atmosphere that once existed there has largely disappeared.
Pros
Annual bonus
Cons
Awful hours, customers, and some supervisors
Fast paced, must be of a calm nature to cope with customer complaints which can be stressful. Be ready to learn new things daily and new ways of working. Difficult to get to if you don't have your own transport and no set days off/shifts make it difficult to plan anything. Hard for a parent with young children to get to school events/appointments
Pros
Pay & free food
Cons
Shifts
I loved working in Ikea in my work experiences. the staffs where wonderfull always willing to help when needed. The company is amazing to work with.

Thanks
Not the best place to work for, bad management bad food little praise for anything you do, negative not nice atmosphere very clicky. That’s all really...
Pros
Few
Cons
Lots