Here to help: Coronavirus update

IKEA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom921 reviews
Interview
As long as there is some knowledge about IKEA, the interview is easy.
My line manager was amazing but the same can not be said to others.

Get in and do the operational work.

Due to some managers, the culture in place is not the best.
Fast Pace
IKEA is very face pace and the day goes past whilst reaching your targets, there a lot of different people so there is someone always to help. the work place is very friendly and safe
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Busyne
Back stabbing managers and brown nosing staff
In the Sheffield Callcentre ...Seems a good place to work but don’t be fooled. The team managers have never done the job that you are doing therefore you know better than them really.
They all have their favourites if your face doesn’t fit you won’t last long.

A lot of staff get away with doing nothing, personally I had an opinion so I was regularly summoned for meetings even though I exceeded all my targets.

My manager was weak, and clueless, the team to be fair were really good but scared of the manager.

Any of the team leaders would throw you down the stair to keep their own job,

On a daily basis I was sworn at and threatened by customers who thought that the goods they purchased were poor quality ... NEVER ..if you pay £30 for a wardrobe you get a £30 wardrobe .

Do yourself a favour the cons far out weigh the pros don’t do it !!!!!!!
Bullied out of work, lack of support with issues at work, double standards depending on ethnic background, forced out of a job due to manipulative tactics. Good luck.
Good place
Kind people abb N d always something to do, managers and higher all are extremely devoted to ikea and seem to have blue and yellow blood but you can always talk to them if needed and every is welcoming and kind
Positive but fast paced
Woking at the checkouts in IKEA was stressful at times. However the energy was positive and you will find that you get along really well with your team.
Pros
cheap food for workers and staff are treated well.
Cons
stressful and you'll find that getting off fairly late is a common occurrence.
good
It's not bad, general shop work no different to most over places. Put stock on shelves and order more stock in, putting this in s it is compulsory by the site
Muito bom
Boa companhia para trabalhar.bom ordenado dão valor aos empregados
Pros
Proguesao na carreira
Cons
Turnos
Good place for a part time job or if you want to growth in retail.
Perfect place to grow up in retail field. Give you the opportunity to know the business and work in a collaborative working environment where you can give your ideas and be yourself.
Fast paced
Working for IKEA food is fast paced but rewarding, with good 'perks', discounts on food in restaurant and a good discount on your store purchases, a very friendly work place.
It was ok
It was ok
We would have a laugh together

Help costumers who were struggling

Showing them the aisle were a challenge bexcuse I couldnt find them all.
Ikea is an excellent place to work.
All workers are payed and treated fairly. Everyone is so welcoming and kind. I highly recommend working here. With such a relaxed environment, with such understanding co workers.
Relax and vigorous environment for every one working at IKEA
I really enjoyed my work and stay at IKEA. It was indeed the best experience of my Life. The major attraction was both refreshments and comfort at work.
Pros
Learnt a lot about retail industry
Cons
Less duty hours
It's not bad
It's a really good company to work for. The people are amazing! I've made some friends for life. However, it's really hard to progress as there are no positions to progress too and due to this the managers don't progress you
Working as a Designer at IKEA
I started working for IKEA a year ago with a Degree and Masters in the field I was working in but I was getting paid the same as the people at IKEA who stack the shelves who required no responsibility. Once I started my boss left within a month leaving me in charge of my job area. I had to attend an operation and was not treated fairly. Due to my operation, I had to take a week and two days off (doctor recommended), but as a result, I was no longer able to have a sick day for the rest of the year due to their sick score scheme. I was told if I was sick I would have to take it as holiday. My manager in charge of me then changed a further 3 times in the space of a year. In the end, I had to leave because the workload kept increasing and I wasn't given any extra help. I also felt that it didn't matter how hard I worked they still did not appreciate me. Do not work for this company! Despite what their values state, they do not care about their workers.
Cons
Sick score that does not cater to operations, management that constantly changes, qualifications do not count for anything at IKEA.
Ikea review
Ikea is a very friendly fun place to work, cooperative, fast paced, customer facing, good hourly wage extra social activities.
A lot of passionate people and good goals, environment strategy, focus on many people
Fast paced but rewarding.
Great place to work , team work is everything here . Go the extra mile for the customer. Pay is good for the area , staff restaurant on site , travel to work scheme.
Labour
I liked working there I’d love to go back as the day working there was good you
Had a good chart with the lads and the work there was good I used to take all the wood to the lads and the I went on to the peeping table
A stressful but supportive atmosphere
My job on the IKEA checkouts was quite stressful but the management were extremely supportive and there was a collaborative, communal atmosphere in the workplace. Whenever I made a mistake a team leader was always on hand to offer advice and support in a way that was both reassuring and constructive. My experience at IKEA was very positive and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in this role.
Working in the Call Centre is like an old fashioned sweatshop
If you go to the toilet too long or too often your penalised. If you take your break /lunch late because of a long call your stats are impacted. If you need a manager to take over the call they won't do it, they turn their back on you. They would rather call 48 hours later when the customer has calmed down, rather than be at the sharp end like their staff. No training, no 1 - 2 - 1's. Your face fits then your okay if not heaven help you
Pros
Free Coffee - if the machine is working
Cons
Sweat shop in the call centre
Great co-workers
A good place to work as a beginner. I worked with a team of great individuals.
good opportunity to interact with customers. Management should do much more in training staff.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
rota system