IKEA Employee Reviews

Not to bad
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex22 June 2018
Worked their for a couple of months on the shop floor.
Work wasn't to hard but very boring, there is a lot of people around kind of just trying to find things to do because they are bored.
ikea is a really good place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Coventry20 June 2018
IKEA is a really good company to work for because it has many benefits and perks for co workers and the salary's are really good not to mention the bonuses , nice and clean tidy place to work at.
Pros
really cheap lunch
Cons
good hours for part time and full time workers
Logistics
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Ashton-under-Lyne20 June 2018
You would have to have to remember a lot of information that needed to to be registered on a computer and could be taken away to another department to undertake another position and them have to go back to the computer and remember what work that you have been doing.
Pros
good hourly rate
Cons
Job security
Exciting and productive workplace
Sales Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Thurrock, Essex20 June 2018
IKEA was an interesting job because something new happened everyday. Work would include bringing new stock in, shelving it and making space for stock coming in the day after. My manager was great, he was flexible and gave everyone the opportunity to grow within the company. IKEA is a great company because they treat their employees very well. I liked how they incorporated Swedish culture into everyday work.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
Long and late hours
Work involves desires
Sales Co-worker - Kitchen planning (Former Employee) –  London20 June 2018
Check email, kitchen planning with customers, selling items and giving advises. Free time from clients looking after accessory shop after showrooms.
Learned a lot, deal with customers, listen them needs and give advises on planning and buying, work at the till (cards only).
No complains about management.
Positive workplace culture.
To learn to know names and items, as there are a lot.
Advise clients with my opinion, how is the best to use kitchen and tidy accessory shop.
Pros
Free and paid trainings
Cons
Late hours
Fantastic work ethos
Kitchens and Dining Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol19 June 2018
A fantastic place to work with a great work ethos and amazing progression routes. Very good management team and committed staff training programme. Hard to leave.
I worked here few blue arrow
Picker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire15 June 2018
I worked at ikea few blue arrow and I was sacked when I took 3 days off wile my dad was dying of cancer... Ikea knew what was going on as did blue arrow I had been there for 18 months then just sacked as I was on a 0 hours contact. another thing is they breach heath and safety as pickers pick on your own but with items over 25kg you have to press a team lift button... there was never any team lifts in my time there.. you did not have time and was told just to get on with it. if a guy sees a female picker with heavy item you pick it for them that was only rule.
An enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 June 2018
I enjoyed working here, everyone is nice and friendly and they take into consideration the needs of university students. It was a large organisation but you didn’t feel lost in the busy environment.
Productive and fun
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Arrow, UK9 June 2018
I liked working at IKEA it was really good and my job was easy but because i love cleaning for me its really fun to be around different kind of people and i think its really important to make friends at your wokplace.
Pros
Free tea, coffee, hot chocalate
Fun workplace
Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Warrington4 June 2018
Always take care of employees and is a fun place to work. People of all ages, bonus system and suitable hours. Local so easy to get to and a nice environment
Overall not too bad
Gatekeeper (Former Employee) –  Southampton1 June 2018
Not a good personal experience, was bullied by management to the point where I felt I had no choice but to leave,
Pay is relatively good for warehouse work plus night insentive
Pros
staff discount
Cons
management
amazing workplace
Customer Service Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire31 May 2018
i have wprked there for 4 years and i have met so many amazing people throughout my time here. the company has really good benefits and also really good pay! they live by lovely cultures and values. management can sometimes be a bit negative however i understand its hard to manage such a large amount of people
fun place
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Tottenham28 May 2018
Here are a few more. They may seem irrational, but I promise you, they occur to people with an almost desperate frequency, and the result is an accidental smack of the hackneyed.
Friendly employees and nice work enviroment
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex17 May 2018
My time at ikea was short but the staff were very friendly. Quite a laid back work environment and the pay was good. My only downfall was my boss and some of the people in my department couldn't speak english so i had to do some of their work for them (cleaning).
Pros
free drinks, nice canteen and friendly
Cons
4 hours a day, saturdays could get very busy
fun work place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol17 May 2018
management are respectful and kind
I learned how a big franchise is run
Hardest part of the job is when it gets busy on saturday
most enjoyable par of the job is christmas time
Pros
cheap food
Cons
uniform
Challenging and Somewhat Chaotic But Satisfying at the end of the day :)
Kitchen Sales Designer (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire16 May 2018
A day at work is never the same as the last.

I learned to be sociable and professional to a high standard with my customers and team. Also the importance of a genuine interest in a persons life at home in order to meet their needs.

Being a new store a little shaky but everyone is trying their best.

Workplace culture is very good and the co-workers are profficient at driving the business forward. The food in the co-worker restaurant is well priced and the environment as a whole is very supportive.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining a high standard of work whilst being bombarded by distractions left, right and centre.

Seeing the money flow :) So taking a customer from the start of their journey all the way through to final product :)
Pros
Cheap Lunches, Uniform Provided, Stable Environment
Cons
Retail Hours and Working Weekends
rubish place to work
sales assistance (Former Employee) –  bletchley milton keynes13 May 2018
rubbish treatment if your face fits no ability to work your way up, no flexibility, under staffed, on all not a very good work experience would not recommend
Amazing place to work
Advanced Sales Co Worker (Former Employee) –  London10 May 2018
Family feel, values are respected and encouraged.

Fun team, easy going managers. No heirarchy. Senior management and janitor wear the same uniform.

Discounted lunches and breakfast.
Pros
Reduced lunches and end of year gift
Cons
Difficult to develop
Productive and great workplace
Ikea co - worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol9 May 2018
Ikea was a great place to work in. They have a tremendous amount of opportunities to help you grow as a worker so you can progress within the store.

On a day to day basis, the workers were all very welcome and warming. Hard work is very important at ikea so the workers were always doing something productive.
Good People
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire6 May 2018
IKEA is a good company with good people. Although some of their pratcises werent great the Company is a good place to work in. You will find a good work enviroment.
Pros
£1 free lunch
Cons
Procedures not being co-worker friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K