Igloo Automotive Employee Reviews

Graft but its money
Hermes Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington16 November 2018
Long hard shifts with non stop work in a poor environment. Shifts cancelled regularly and management is abysmal. Only rewarding things was hearing the noise to go home and the pay check!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Slave Work
car pound operative
Car pound operative (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire8 November 2018
Move vehicles around their compound , didn't learn anything,there was no enjoyable part of this job unless you include finishing for the day . everyone worked for themselves not together so no team harmony,
Pros
Cons
everything
Avoid
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire15 October 2018
Worked as a driver out of the Hermes site at Nuneaton poorly organised depot but the work was ok, wages not paid into the bank one week so i phoned about it and it was sorted and paid that day only disappointed they charged me £5 of my own money to correct their mistake. I complained naturally and they never gave me anymore work. Laughable that people think they have a right to charge you to get your money quickly when it's their fault it wasn't paid in the first place.
Pros
Decent work
Cons
Payroll
Good admin role at big company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rather not say12 October 2018
I currently work for a major automotive logistics company as an administrator. Igloo found me the position after seeing my CV online and my prev admin experience. I'm really enjoying working for the company and they are very professional. the pay is good and im in a secure job role. I would recommend anyone looking for an admin position to give Igloo a call..
Pros
admin, good pay, respect, secure, enjoying it
Panel Beater Sandtoft
Panel Beater (Current Employee) –  Sandtoft10 October 2018
Fantastic place to work, everyone is helpful and I always get a nice shift. Been given regular skilled work since i applied.

Been working there for two years and never had a serious problem.

I recommend them
Pros
helpful, good shifts, regular work, skilled work
HGV Driver
HGV Driver (Current Employee) –  Baginton, Warwickshire9 October 2018
I have worked on and off for Igloo over the four years, I work for them as a HGV driver and I get regular work that pays well. Sometimes i'm asked if i can start early or do a late shift but they always give me notice. If you do the runs for them they will make sure you are used week in week out. The company i work for in Bagington has good trucks. Team that phones me lets me kow how long shift will be and where I'm going when they can. Would recommend.
Pros
work, good hours, communicate, good trucks, regular pay, good company
Cons
have to be a contractor
Large company, good workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  BMW8 October 2018
I applied to Igloo online. I then received a call after sending in my CV. Following the phone call i was out working within a large team at a major logistics company. staff very helpful wih queries and explaining my job role. highly recommend.
Pros
working for a major firm, good pay, long hours available, helpful team, skilled work
Never had an issue
Level 3 Technician (Current Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire4 October 2018
I would recommend igloo. I am always treat with respect, given regular work and the pay is good. The hours are quite long to be honest but it is skilled night shift work and i get weekends off.
Pros
Pay, Long hours, skilled work, Respect, helpful team
Cons
Temporary vacancy
Steer Clear!
European HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Sheerness/Germany30 September 2018
These jokers will sell you down the river as soon as look at you. Myself and over 20 colleagues were working for Igloo on a permanent contract with a German company who decided abruptly to pull the plug. We were all left in the lurch with absolutely no notification or information from Igloo. We had to rely on hearsay from other colleagues to find out that we were unemployed.
4 weeks later!! – we all had a call telling us that the German work had fallen through, when confronted about the appalling lack of information the staff at Igloo blatantly lied and told us that they’d only just found out. These people are unscrupulous sharks, they appear to have no moral principles and to treat so many of their honest hard working staff in this way shows that they are totally beyond contempt. If you have any self respect steer clear!!!
OK place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire18 September 2018
If you really need a job this is the best place to go because they are always looking for new staff.
Lifting heavy boxes and your performance has to be fast no matter what.
nightmare
Reach Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  speke30 August 2018
hired as a reach truck driver and theirs no truck for you to use, location has no public transport, nightmare place to buy any food, drinks machine empty, no drinks fountain,
Pros
Cons
everything
Never work for this agency
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Hermes Warrington13 July 2018
This is the worst agency on the plant, if you work for them you deserve what you get. The management are very poor, you won't get paid, you'll go to work at Hermes and they'll send you home with pay if they have over booked drivers.

WARNING STAY AWAY FROM THIS AGENCY!!!!
Pros
There aren't any
Cons
To many to mention
Recruitment Consultant
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire27 June 2018
Please consider my review seriously. Avoid working for this company. Poor management, salary not great, very poor facilities, long hours (overtime not paid) Colleagues at Corby site aren’t helpful at all. Treating new starters like a enemy. No training at all. Rudest people which I ever met. Bad practices.
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything
Do not go near this agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire6 April 2018
Avoid this agency like the plague it's run by utterly incompetent management do not pay you on time the manger is a rude horrible hag if you get on the wrong side of her expect your sifts to be dropped and you not to be paid and when you complain to the management team above her well just say it doesn't accomplish nothing be warned DO NOT WORK FOR IGLOO
Pros
Its over in 8 hours
Cons
Igloo
Delight to work for
Paint Sprayer (Former Employee) –  Various locations within Northants/Beds24 November 2017
I have worked on and off for Igloo over the past 5/6 years, I contracted into them as a paint sprayer and have never had any problems with them. The staff at the sites I have worked at and the ones on the phone always help me out when i have no work. I have and would in the future recommend them to friends and work colleagues.
Pros
Always had good work from them and the staff are always approchable.
Honesty from an agency! Refreshing change
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands23 November 2017
I drive HGV 1 for them in Coventry. Works consistent. Decent trucks. Lads and lasses that book me in tell me how long shifts going to be and where I'm going when they can. Can't really complain.
Pros
Honest
Enjoyable work and you can earn some real money!
Casual Driver (Current Employee) –  Sheerness19 September 2017
I was outsourced to a company as a driver. The work is great and enjoyable...when it is available. I have worked there for 2 months and only had 3 weeks work. Everyone is friendly and easy to get on with. The company is fantastic for equal opportunities. The hardest part is dealing with the loss of work overnight and not knowing how long for.
Pros
Fun and enjoyable
Cons
Unstable
good place to work met alot of new peoplw from different cultures
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire22 June 2017
I would go and sign In then get sent to a lorry to unload or load by using a conveyer belt then after 4 hours I would get an half an hour break then back to work till the end of the shift. the shifts were 6:00-14:00 14:00-23:00 23:00-6:00
Pros
good wage
Cons
some of the workers wernt very polite
Good to work for
Driver Car Marshal (Current Employee) –  Sheerness, UK19 April 2017
Good to work for, Great team to work with. Tea breaks and lunch times could be longer, but overall not a bad place to work.
You are on a zero hour contract, so only get paid when you work. Unexpected days off called standby days can be a blessing and a curse as less days equal to less take home money. But the odd day off is nice to sort out other things.
minimum wage is a killer.. So expect 20 hours a week at minimum wage for some of the time.
Pros
Standby days can give unexpected days off
Cons
Standby days means lack of work
Excellent to work for
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands24 January 2017
Applied online, got a call in first day and started within second day. Met team on site for forklift assessment and induction, staff very helpful wih queries and explaining my job role.
Pros
Weekly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Igloo Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8