Igloo Automotive

Igloo Automotive Employee Reviews

United Kingdom67 reviews
Igloo are a company that work alongside their partner Gefco, Igloo control the compound management of all the UK Gefco Sites. Igloo offer zero hour contracts up to full time contracts for those that show initiatives and work well as a team.
This was a productive, positive and fun workplace, with great culture, this was a great experience, great benefits. I would highly recommend this workplace.
Only ever had positive experiences with the Walkers ladies. Fast responce, competence fair play, never misspayment, very serious very proffesional. Many thanks for all, we are more than grateful. Always a pleasure working with Igloo. From myself and family.
Pros
Friendly onsite team, excellent working enviroment
Cons
Can get cancelled at short notice but not at the fault of Igloo
Staff are fun, friendly hard working.

Always supportive and would highly recommend Igloo to anyone looking for work, have a wide range of suitable jobs that will fit all.
Pros
Good pay friendly staff
Cons
no one
Igloo are a great team, always paid on time, always work when I have wanted it. I would highly recommend this agency to anyone looking for driving work.
I've worked on and off for igloo for a number of years, I've always found them helpful, understanding of situations and overall good communicators, I've never had a bad experience and I'd recommend working for them to anybody. They have bailed me out of unemployment numerous times.
Worked for igloo some years ago now on a contract in Coventry. Face didn’t fit and was literally sold down the river by then without a second glance. Even after complaining to the MD nothing was done. You are just a disposable item to them and they do nothing to help you when there are problems on the contract you are working on, the only help they give is to side with the client and not believe their own candidate.
Be prepared to work too hard and then it's all stop.
Management are not the best working environment is very fast then laid off after work isn't there.
Pros
Working in the day
Cons
Too far from Doncaster
Couldn’t care a less about their drivers. If you get more than 20 hours a week, then you have had a result. You will never get the higher pay rates because you have to work more than 45 hours a week before you get it, which NEVER HAPPENS!!! The people who dish out the hours have their favourites and do not share out available hours fairly. Awful people to work for!
A busy and enjoyable workplace with a fair management team and co workers.
The hardest part is working in bad weather.

The most enjoyable part is pay day.

Learn the layout of the work place.
Been working with igloo for nearly a year now and have enjoyed every minute ... every day is a good day , busy but enjoyable team leaders and staff all good to work with .. the management at igloo i cant fault ive always been paid on time , always had my holiday paid .recently ive had a personal matter going on in my life and igloo helped me every way they could and as a result of there help things have turned out brilliant for me .. looking forward to more things to come in the future with igloo ..
I got a call today from a bubbly lady from igloo, she explained the job in detail within 2 hours I got a call back with a start for the next day I got a call from the business who I start with tomorrow and I have a job
After being laid of work after 5 years because work gone quiet she has upped my spirits again and made me happy me and my family will have a good Christmas

I recommend this agency I have never worked with and agency before but after this experience my mind has changed and I feel positive again Thankyou
Worked on the Gefco contract for this agency ... They ain't bad there are worse out there.

Rates arn't too bad, although I'm a LTD company driver, my son is a HGV driver for them also but PAYE and he receives his holiday pay with no issues etc
Just don’t bother with them! Haven’t got a clue what they’re doing.
Management look after each other while the rest of the staff do all the work. Top management talk down to you all the time and belittle you in front of everyone.

If your face doesn’t fit or the bosses wife doesn’t like you you’ve got no chance.
Working for igloo at gefco corby as vehicle collection and delivery driver.
Five drivers laid off with no warning and no excuse. After nine weeks work I was paid off with no notice at all. Retired drivers who just work for a bit of extra cash were kept on while five drivers who need money are paid off.

Then offered 3 hours work on the next day.
Long hard shifts with non stop work in a poor environment. Shifts cancelled regularly and management is abysmal. Only rewarding things was hearing the noise to go home and the pay check!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Slave Work
Move vehicles around their compound , didn't learn anything,there was no enjoyable part of this job unless you include finishing for the day . everyone worked for themselves not together so no team harmony,
Pros
Cons
everything
Worked as a driver out of the Hermes site at Nuneaton poorly organised depot but the work was ok, wages not paid into the bank one week so i phoned about it and it was sorted and paid that day only disappointed they charged me £5 of my own money to correct their mistake. I complained naturally and they never gave me anymore work. Laughable that people think they have a right to charge you to get your money quickly when it's their fault it wasn't paid in the first place.
Pros
Decent work
Cons
Payroll
I currently work for a major automotive logistics company as an administrator. Igloo found me the position after seeing my CV online and my prev admin experience. I'm really enjoying working for the company and they are very professional. the pay is good and im in a secure job role. I would recommend anyone looking for an admin position to give Igloo a call..
Pros
admin, good pay, respect, secure, enjoying it
Cons
Fantastic place to work, everyone is helpful and I always get a nice shift. Been given regular skilled work since i applied.

Been working there for two years and never had a serious problem.

I recommend them
Pros
helpful, good shifts, regular work, skilled work
Cons
I have worked on and off for Igloo over the four years, I work for them as a HGV driver and I get regular work that pays well. Sometimes i'm asked if i can start early or do a late shift but they always give me notice. If you do the runs for them they will make sure you are used week in week out. The company i work for in Bagington has good trucks. Team that phones me lets me kow how long shift will be and where I'm going when they can. Would recommend.
Pros
work, good hours, communicate, good trucks, regular pay, good company
Cons
have to be a contractor