IFF RESEARCH Employee Reviews

Stay away - You have been warned!
Market Research Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2018
At first you would think that this is a nice place to work. Then slowly you realise that there is something wrong with this organisation.

The managers and supervisors are stupid and have no idea how to run a business or talk to people. Most people are there as a stop gap as they have other commitments.

If you enjoy disturbing people (cold calling), day after day to ask them stupid questions then fine. But, be warned, if you do not meet the target, you are swiftly sacked. They do not care about you or your situation. There is no enjoyable part of this job. Its the worst environment that anyone could ever work in. You are better off doing something else, anything else! Stay away from this place, its not worth it.
Pros
Some Flexibility
Cons
Rubbish management, boring, low pay, no benefits.
28 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at IFF Research. We are currently investing a lot of time and resources to improve the experience of our Telephone Interviewers. We are currently introducing a new management structure to our telephone room that better reflects our company values and practices. We take all feedback extremely seriously and we would like to speak with you further about your experiences at IFF Research so that we can improve. If you are happy to speak with us, our Managing Director, Jan Shury, can be contacted at jan.shury@iffresearch.com.

Productive work place
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 November 2018
While working at IFF Research I was required to interview clients over the telephone. I learned how to quickly move from one interview to the next, which was important because I had to get through all of the interviews for that specific day. The hardest part of the job was being declined on phone calls because I wanted to do the best I could with the interviews. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I gained experience in interviewing.
28 November 2018

Thanks for your 4* review! If you have any further feedback, please don’t hesitate to get in touch

Good pay but no solid security
Home based Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  London16 June 2018
Management can be rude and dismissive. Its good pay, £8.50 per hour, paid every two weeks. Its hard to get the required strike rates if loads of people dont want to take part in the survey..you could have a really good intro and people simply wont be interested. Not your fault! Management doesnt understand that!!!
Pros
Home based
Cons
Hard to achieve strike rates if people don't want to take part in survey
28 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at IFF Research. We are currently working hard on improving the employee experience of our Telephone Interviewers through the recent introduction of a new telephone room management structure, investment in our IT software, and a new London office that matches our company values and culture. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail our Managing Director, Jan Shury, would be happy to speak with you via email at jan.shury@iffresearch.com.

Friendly environment
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London20 November 2018
Working IFF allows you to acquire skills, friendly and warm environment yet froffesional I’m getting work done, and it’s so flexible so you’re able to work and still find time to do other things in your life
Pros
Great facilities, fresh coffee every day etc. Helpful staff
Cons
No parking, can get really hectic during busy times
28 November 2018

Thanks for your 4* review! We work hard to create a flexible and friendly culture so that our people want to work here, so it’s great that you value this. If you have any further feedback, please don’t hesitate to get in touch

Good Flexible Hours But Minimal Pay
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Home Based29 May 2018
IFF was good at adapting yourself in working from home but that is where it ends.
Expecting 3 shifts per week and when working on weekends you do not get extra pay.
Minimal guidance on how to conduct the telephone interviews and when you ask most staff members had an attitude and made it seem that it was common knowledge.
As a person with two degrees in Law, this role was a complete waste of time and was not even sufficiently paid.
Only work here if you have other venues of income and you are able to stand working with people with attitudes, even being based at home, there guidance was wholly inadequate.
28 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're glad that you appreciated the flexible hours as this is something our interviewers really value. It's a shame to hear you've had a negative experience overall, and we're sorry for this. We are currently investing a lot of time and resources to improve the experience of our Telephone Interviewers. We are currently introducing a new management structure to our telephone room that better reflects our company values and practices, along with better IT systems to support our home workers. We take all feedback extremely seriously and we would like to speak with you further about your experiences at IFF Research. If you are happy to speak with us, our Managing Director, Jan Shury, can be contacted at jan.shury@iffresearch.com.

Overall - OK
Market Research Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Old Street, London24 December 2017
Surveys are very long for business customers, most people dont want to do surveys they got important work to get on with.

Interviewers are low paid at £5.00 to £5.50 per hour.

Although the job is easy, basically phoning clients and reading a long script to ask questions if you dont get a a set number of interviews over a period of few weeks the quality control manager will dismiss you -. A very bad place to work.

I worked at other market research organisations and they did not do this type of ignorant thing. If clients refuse to do surveys its not the interviewers fault - the quality control manager should go get a life than fire people known to them as "unproductive" !

I think its quality control manager that is unproductive and should be fired!
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Target driven
an immoral organisation
Telephone Researcher (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 February 2018
the way they treat staff both experienced and new is appalling, the supervisors are high most of the time. As for the toilets, that's another story, they are only smelling good after someone has skinned up a zoot in there! They target low income people, promise work and then sack you when they have reached their targets. It's bad.
Pros
flexible
Cons
when there's no jobs on you don't work, they make special preferences for staff they are friendlier with
don't bother
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 March 2018
nothing positive can be said, they just hire and fire when it suits them. Nowhere to sit at breaks, broken toilets that never get fixed, unhelpful management. It's not worth your time.
Pros
central location
Cons
everything else
If you need money
Telephonist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 April 2018
Lot of pressure to complete surveys, supervisors constantly down your neck, change your seating daily hard to build rapport with fellow work colleuges, feels like a place where your on a belt, people go in and out, not a stable, welcoming work place.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Harrasment calls
worse experience of my life so far
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Old Street6 March 2018
the way you are spoken to there by senior staff is horrible, I was made to feel stupid and un-useful. They say you are briefed on all jobs you have to do, but all it is is them reading it out to you and trying to make bad jokes. I wouldn recommend this place to anyone except people who need quick money, cos you won't last long there.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
everything else

Want to know more about IFF RESEARCH?

Ask a question
bad experience
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Old Street21 March 2018
just think they don't care about people and thats sad, could be a good place to work with its flexibility but they spoil it all with bad attitude and unprofessionalism
Pros
location
Cons
bad vibes, bad pay
Productive and fun work place
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  London10 September 2012
Friendly co workers,
Suitable hours
Great breaks and lunch times
Easy to exceed strike rates
Great bonuses
Lovely management
Poor job security
benefits
Cons
job security
Productive and fun workplace, if you can meet performance requirements.
Telephone Interviewer / Researcher (Former Employee) –  Old Street Station11 July 2016
Day starts at 09:00, ends at 16:30, or 17:00 till 21:00. Most of time is spent dialling recipients numbers to perform interviews. The hardest part of the job is handling rude or difficult recipients, and persuading recipients to spare the time to take part in the interviews. The most important part of the job is maintaining a high strike rate.
Pros
The shift times allow you to maintain a reasonable work/life balance
Cons
Performance is measured by strike rate, regardless of sample quality
its an ok place
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2017
good pay but shifts aren't always available.
training is so long and should be paid for. reviews are always different. different people give different feedback. confusing and hard to pass trial period.
Good
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 June 2017
Good place to work at. I have nothing else to say about it. Ive learned to work hard and keep organised. Initially I was a care free individual however IFF has taught me to work hard.
Very good
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chart street26 May 2017
Although it Is quite stressful the pay is amazzzzzing! The pay is one of the reasons why a lot of people love the job and the management is very nice and welcoming
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stressful
Fun and organised place
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Old Street18 April 2017
Overall I enjoy working here but can be tedious at times and very repetitive. have worked in Market Research for the past 8 months and in two different companies and have to say that this is the best out of the two. This is because they are very organised and helpful when it comes to needing to improve
Productive and fun environment
B2B and consumer phone interviewer (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2015
Working hours are flexible and you will learn a lot about how to deal with people professionally through phone.
Most of the surveys are easy going but some a bit too long so it can be hard to keep people on the phone that long.
Supervisors are brilliant , friendly and helpful. Love all of them. :)
Pros
friendly people, nice working environment
Cons
The way they measure your productivity is not the best.
good pay
Telephone Interviewer, Market Research (Former Employee) –  london17 October 2016
good pay however shifts aren't always available.
training is long and should be paid. reviews are always different. different people give different feedback. confusing and hard to pass trial period.
Cons
same thing
relaxed work place
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  london3 March 2015
telephone interviewing has taught me to how to deal with situations in the right manner. it has shown me how to deal with different situations as well as adapt a polite tone of voice and create a warm atmosphere thus enhancing both my communication and social skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IFF RESEARCH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9