Ideal Carehomes Employee Reviews

Horrible place and company to work for
Prefer not to say as they’ll sack me. (Current Employee) –  Coppice Lodge Arnold Nottingham13 January 2019
This company place absolutely no value on the people who work for them. There is a very conscious hire and fire culture where people are routinely sacked for no obvious reason leading to massive job insecurity. Couple this with a board that will increase workload without warning or consultation on the back of knowing if you ever spoke out it’s likeky you’d be sacked. I’ve seen colleges sacked for actually speaking out about the conditions the residents are left in and how they treat the staff, staff often miss breaks and Coppice Lodge management say it’s okay as we get paid for our breaks. I’ve witnessed colleges ill and still made to come in to work as they’ve been told they will get a counselling and even sacked if they don’t come in and are also told that they are leaving the residents vulnerable, NO MANAGEMENT ARE LEAVING RESIDENTS VULNERABLE as they keep getting rid of decent staff, employing staff who don’t really care and so many staff have left and are leaving due to the working conditions and the way the residents are being left. They mess with your wages if you’ve worked certain shifts ie Xmas/new year/ bank holidays if you call in sick and stop your double pay. Trust me, everything looks pretty on the outside but in reality is nothing like how they portray, always the same residents who go on the trips or who are featured in their Facebook posts. Really can’t wait to get another job so I’m out of here, it’s the residents I feel sorry for. Management and Head office all know what’s going on but pretend everything is hunky dory, what Care home runs out of essentials  more... for the residents?  less
Pros
Home time
Cons
Ideal Homes/Coppice Lodge
Not diverse and very profit orientated
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 January 2019
One of the worst places I have ever worked. Always under staffed. Cancel people's shifts without warning. Act more like a hotel. Very poorly managed. Don't value staff. Prejudice. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. Constant problems with wages. Front of house think she owns the place. Terrible. Manager says yes to everything but does the opposite. Appalling
Awful place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arnold, Nottinghamshire12 January 2019
Absolutely awful place to work, constantly not enuff staff often left on units on ur own wen it shud be a min of 3 staff on unit, poor management, residents not gettin the care they shud, lots of coverin up. High employee turnova, always advertisin for new staff, currently got 7 adds up for staff for every position on Indeed jobs. That speaks volumes. Staff often called in off annual leave cos they short staffed, god help u if ur poorly or ur kids are an u need to take time off, they give u a counselling/supervision for doin so. Management are bullys towards other staff. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Appalling company
Head office staff (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire31 December 2018
Ideal Carehomes is a thoroughly unpleasant company to work for. It’s fair to say that there are plenty of great staff working hard against all odds in their homes, but the way head office operates is beyond belief.

Firstly they place absolutely no value on the people who work for them. There is a very conscious hire and fire culture where people are routinely sacked for no obvious reason leading to massive job insecurity. Couple this with a board that will increase workload exponentially without warning or consultation on the back of knowing if you ever spoke out it’s likeky you’d be sacked.

There is no leadership and plans change in a whim it would seem. Decisions seem to be taken which affect large numbers of people without regard for their welfare. As a result of this, staff morale is very low and people leave if they aren’t sacked first.

If you have any self respect, skills and talent, do not let these people exploit you. There’s so much better out there!
Pros
Cons
As above.
Stressful company to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  UK21 December 2018
There is very little support just lots of pressure unrealistic deadlines and extremely money orientated

Culture is to get shut if you have under two years service if you disagree with the ethics of extortionate top ups then you aren't considered on board

Yes the care homes are beautiful but they all look the same and are not dementia friendly owner refuses to have dementia signage in the homes because it doesn't fit in with the hotel look

Head office staff change constantly and directors have no care backgrounds and do not understand the problems a busy care home faces

Extremely corporate company with pound signs in front of their eyes obsessed with outstanding CQC results ignoring the unhappiness of the staff and their struggles to conform to their extremely unperson centered outlooks
Pros
Good rates of pay
Cons
Very little support, uncompassionate CEO, high prices and top ups
good place to work
Care Assistant (Nights) (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside18 December 2018
Very good place to work, beautiful interior, lovely residents, nice colleagues, good management.
Paid break, but long hours
Helpful management if you need any help
I recommend it for everyone
Pros
paid break
Do not recommend
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire13 December 2018
Not enough staff to do the job properly I had to spend far too much time inputting data. Lots of tasks being ticked off when not being done, when I finally had enough and left I have a large amount of my salary withheld.
Pros
Some very nice people.
Cons
Long shifts
Great Company
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Gardorth Leeds6 November 2018
A caring, go getting company who looked in details to ensure an understanding of exactly what is required to a job as well as possible.

I would take incoming calls regarding the care homes, give information, solace and direction to the caller. I would listen to people who where very upset at having to look at a home for a loved one, some where accepting of the fact others found it the hardest thing they had ever done.

I would also update the Ideal care homes website with the daily weekly and monthly events that there planned with all the different homes, speaking regularly with Administration staff and activity planners. I answered Live Chat on the Website.

Listen and Listen again to the callers and communicate in detail with the homes where appointments had been made in effective and professional manner.
Pros
A great place to work wonderful atmosphere and team approach
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent17 September 2018
This is a great company. I really enjoyed my time there. The team were all friendly and supportive and every shift was enjoyable from the staff to the residents.
Lydgate Lodge Batley
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lydgate lodge5 September 2018
Avoid this company its shocking long hours always short staffed so working with agency who do not have a clue what they are doing.If you think its care work think again its donkey work don't have time to care and spend time with residents.Poor management of the home its all about image with this company if any concerns are raised they are'nt dealt with.I wish i had read and took note of the reviews on here before i started i would'nt have took the postion.READ ALL THE REVIEWS FOR BATLEY AND AVOID IT.
Former employee lydgate lodge
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batley, West Yorkshire24 August 2018
Long hours time taken up inputting care data,instead of actual care taking place.
Management more bothered about themselves,being unprofessional with regards to other staff members.
Name calling,and back stabbing.
Do not work for this company,if you value your career,and standards of care working.
Pros
Cons
the buisness is all about money.
Stressful and overworked
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Batley21 April 2018
They are incredibly understaffed at the moment which means that staff get constantly asked to work extra shifts or take more hours on, then when you’re on shift you’re running around trying to get everything done, you never get 5 minutes to sit and chat with residents, which to me is a part of their emotional well-being.

It seems like management don’t care about their staff, if we make suggestions they fall on deaf ears. The morale among staff is very low, most are looking for other work, nothing has been done to combat this and it’s been a problem for over 4 months now.

The care staff are all lovely and the residents are well looked after at least.
Pros
Free food and nice carers.
Cons
The wage, morale, the hours you have to work, reliance on agency staff.
Avoid this Company at all costs
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire4 February 2018
This has to be the worst job I have ever had ! It saddens me to say this as most of the staff team in the home are fantastic, there’s a few bad apples but you get that everywhere .
Ideal Carehomes do not support Homes , if you are working ludicrous hours covering days /nights , Care / Senior / kitchen they don’t care they would rather you work yourself until you are unwell than support you .
They make out that they are supporting the Homes when all you get is e mails and the odd drop in visit . You are snapped at , lied to and generally made to feel undervalued and unsupported. There is a blame culture rather than recognising that the problems are at provider level , the day I left is the day I got my life back
I would avoid working for these people if you value your health , work life balance and mental state .
Pros
Lovely staff team in the Home
Cons
Unsupported, undervalued
Terrible place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lydgate lodge batley28 December 2017
Over worked stabbed in back by staff and management lied to over worked understaffed
When you mention your concerns you are out the door jobless
No team work no back up
Lydgate lodge should have been shut down years ago
Some staff are so over worked there work looking after service users gets let down cutting important tasks out cover ups not reporting safe guarding
Getting a new manager in and after 2 month 13 staff have either left when you voice your concerns to head office you get blamed and sacked for causing trouble
Never ever go work at lydgate lodge or for ideal care home there disgusting
Pros
Non
Cons
The whole ideal care home is a con
lovely place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield12 December 2017
i have worked here 3 months almost and its very enjoyable i like the staff and residents they are lovely the home is one of the nicest homes i have seen
Productive and a nice home
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire16 November 2017
Great place for residential and dementia clients..mainly the elderly .great team of staff and have a nice friendly approach..all clients r treat with dignity and respect
Pros
Cons
Low wage
average place of work.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire2 August 2017
you was always busy, never stopped, always different things to be doing.

Management was ok.

most enjoyable part of my job there was helping vunerable adults with their every day needs.
Pros
free lunch and paid breaks
Unbelievable
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Anonymous14 July 2017
This company is like no other care company known to man. Home management team try there best to support staff. Regional directors and head office staff don't have a clue and support no one but themselves.

Anyone under 2 years service fear for their jobs as they just sack people for the sillyist of things.
Pros
Caring for residents
Cons
Head office and regional directors clueless
Can't think of pros
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  ENG15 May 2017
You're left unsupported in this place. The manners from both the care workers and the front of house are terrible. People from outside the care home have made complaints against them so it's definitely not worth getting involved in with a place where you are having to witness/complain about how some of the residents are poorly treated, the back-breaking work, low salary and more.
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
left unsupported, back-breaking, staff are not caring or empathetic as they should be, etc
Back stabbing, unhelpful no support from managers and regional director.
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 April 2017
I would not recommend the Liverpool Branch (Larkhill) to anybody to go and work. If you want to be treated badly, not given any support from any manager including the regional director and be blamed for all things going wrong when you haven't been shown and somebody else says they will take care of it then when they mess up blame it back on you, then that's the place to work.

I will leave reviews on most sites against Ideal care homes so you don't fall in to the same trap as I did.
Pros
Very local and dealing with the residents was a joy.
Cons
No support, a blame culture