Ideal Carehomes

Ideal Carehomes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom101 reviews
Mostly understaffed and overworked. Shifts are changed without any notice. It's exhausting.
However, the home is clean and residents get the best care. It's just the staff that suffer here.
Pros
Good pay rates
Cons
Staff expected to do too much
I worked at ideal and it was the worst place I have ever worked , it is run by young staff and they think it is ok to bully and abuse staff. Shocking
3 on 3 off didnt happen, I had no balance of home and work. Management speaks to staff like they are dirt in front of others. Seriously don't care about the staff. Company has great morals just need to clear out the rubbish.
The staff are all lovely at Hambleton Grange ,it took me a while to settle as I had moved to a new area and job but the staff and management made me welcome and said there for me if needed them ,been there nearly 5 months and love it ,the residents are a delight to care for ,lovely company to work for ,always paid for my training and my wages paid in full in time every month
Put my all in to this job role and was supported by staff and managment in the early days! When I realised that the company would take take me for granted I made the decision to just work my contracted obligations.. I soon began to feel pushed out and uncomfortable when at work.. staff that once seemed nice suddenly went cold.. I can only put this down to influence from upper management? The attendance bonus wasn’t paid to me even though I earned it before they stopped the scheme. I was told by staff that my posts onto Facebook were not a true representation of the home..?? They were a true representation of my activity’s, which was my job...

Although I loved this job role and the amazing residents I left after a year feeling really awful and as though nobody liked me and actually questioning my own personality... Since working here I have realised what I already knew.. it wasn’t me, it was them! So much happier now :)

I must say, if your face fits it’s a great job and The Regional Activity Manager is very passionate about her job and will teach you well.
Was a lovely place to work, untill the new manager took over! He treats staff terrible, no respect for residents or families. Staff turnover is shocking! Such a shame as it was a lovely place to work. Care manager a disgrace aswell, covering stuff up together all the time. They lie to families then snigger at them when they walk away. Head office need to replace them asap.
Ive worked 2.30pm-10pm shift 8 mths now, Everyone tries to stick together care is demanding but the team are friendly and supportive some can be un motivated but we push them along to get jobs done, the Senior staff even the cleaners are chatty and supportive and the manager is kind but firm as he as standards to keep and rules and regulations to comply with. Fair pay, relaxed atmosphere and goodsrelationship
I worked for about a month as a chef/cook the kitchen is a mess the catering manager has no clue the management bury their heads in the sand and in this current climate like to break current regulations and laws and then fire you.
Pros
Cons
everything
It was a great experience, i was the first activity co-ordinator to start there so i found this very rewarding. Loved the organising and getting to know the residents. Great job.
I have worked at Ideal Carehomes Head Office for over 12 months and the team I work with is excellent. We work very hard but we still manage to have a laugh. We all get on really well and we support each other. I would recommend working for Ideal as the management take a genuine interest in all their staff and always looking at ways to make things better whether in terms of working environment, training needs and also regular pay reviews to make sure we are being paid better than the average.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ideal Carehomes?
The management in the larkhill hall branch is horrendously bad they have no shred of affection for the residents and they treat the staff like garbage they could care less about anyone but them selves
I work for this company in batley for a few years at first it was great and great working with all the girls that work their had a great team work great careers that look after the residence but when it comes to the manager and the deputy manager is a totally different is all about image and money and when you have a concern about a certain carer that is on drugs as you can smell this on this person and the manager and the deputy knows all about this but for some reason there cover all this up and especially when this lady is a senior and give out medication to the residents how can this company let it go on there seemed to hide at lots of things which I witnessed on a few times talking about the staff how some of them are rubbish and if your face fits well you will be ok but if it doesn't you know about it. If you have a problem and ask for help all you will get is stored in out your self the manager doesn't care about the great staff there have got and you wunder why staff leave and always asking for new staff and your stated time is 8AM but you have to be there at 7.45.7.50 so you can have the hand over and you do not get paid for this and if you clock in a 8am you will get told to be here at 7.45 and your fishing time is 8 pm you never get of there on time it can be 20.20 most off the time and yet again you don't get paid for it. The best thing I did was to leave and don't miss this place no more so if you do get a job there watch your back.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
No support at all from your manager.
never enough staff on all shifts ,staff are always back stabbing each other there not interested in the residents ,and the boss is a bully ,if you want rest of your holidays you have to work additional shifts otherwise she wont authorise them .avoid at all costs
False advertising on job adverts - states £9.05 per hour, it is actually £8.55. Also states 28 days holiday - it is actually only 18. Management don't take safe guarding issues seriously until something happens and then it is the carers fault for not raising them - if anybody complains it is ignored. Rubbish management & regional director, good colleagues on shop floor.
KPI focus company with no focus on care for its staff and bare minimum for its residents. If you are a school bully this is where you will end up expanding on your skills to rip people down abd crush there self esteem!
After being a victim of the bullying and witnessing a home manager being set up but her care manager, the regional director so blind to the lies, no measures put in place when two deputies report bullying, and staff being pushed to their limits i can see nothing ideal about this company
Far from 'ideal', too few staff ,in denial about some residents being 'nursing needs' , hence no nursing beds.only a matter of time before someone is injured.Company pays lip service to the term 'person centered care', tasks are carried out when staff are told by a mobile phone type gadget.Stress levels among staff are through the roof and visibly so, morale is low.Managers do their best but at the end of the day it is head office deciding everything.,it is all about covering the company's back ,staff feel overworked, overstressed and undervalued.And the 'excellent rates of pay' , well the pay is only just above national minimum and therefore poor for what we are expected to put up with,hence a high staff turnover.
Working at Ideal Care homes slave drivers it didn't matter how much work you did it was still not enough and if something broke down at the home they would expect me to go in and sort it out at the weekend my day of and would only pay you for the time I was there so if it took me 15 minute to do the job I would only get £2 for my inconvenience.When I was doing gardening I would get dust and much all over me and they were so short staff I had to serve the resident food at evening meal on a few occasions
New manager in place driving good staff out if you want to be heard and valued by your manager do not work here staff are lovely but not appreciated by the manager who only takes on young attractive staff !!!constantly short staffed and staff morale is so low more interested in meeting deadlines than welfare of staff and residents
Loved working here only left to set up my own company but I know if I needed to go back Ebor would be the first place i would try. Staff and manager are great they all play a specia part and work together as a great team
Pros
Great place
Cons
Get attached
Where do I start with this place. Care manager and regional manager (eastmidlands mountviewcarehome) are bare faced liars working together and bullying others victimising staff and will say anything and everything to get what they want. Regional manger doesn’t take minutes of discussion so she can back track and say she didn’t say things when she did.
Money orientated, bully tactics by management and a click culture within the home. Not resident focus and more CQC focused. No support from the manager only threats with dismissal.