ICTS (UK) Ltd Employee Reviews for Security Guard

avoid this security company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire27 March 2018
why should you should avoid icts security:

1) long hours 12 shifts 6 on 3 off or 4 on 4 off
12) no chance of promotion
13) supervisor dont know what they doing at times
14) zero hour contract
Pros
Cons
everything
avoid at all cost!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire26 March 2018
typical day: sat waiting near the phone waiting to be called in for work.

what i learnt nothing, just avoid working for them.

management: always changing rules, very horrible, use bullying tactics and have no clue what they doing.

working in amazon the job itself is brain dead. you will learn nothing you are on zero hour contract there is no job security.

shift are 12 hours long meaning no time for family or friends.

do not apply for this company!!!
Pros
Cons
long hours, less pay, no job security, rude management
Eventful
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Bristol28 January 2018
Working in the airport is a exciting job, I just do not think its acceptable to be paid to little when you are doing such a serious job! Need to consider the pay, because of the risk we take just by being in that building.
Pros
Good Shift Pattern
Cons
Pay
horrible place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Swansea8 December 2017
The management spy on you using the cctv, also the management tell you that you are not allowed to take breaks, they also contact you on your days off for shifts, if you decline the shift offer, they will then take regular shifts from you.
Productive Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  London12 September 2017
ICTS, has a mixture of people or staff from different backgrounds.
Is a pleasant place to work and the management are always willing to listen to us
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Long distance to work
really really awful...
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Devon1 March 2017
Amazon are useless always go back on there word and basically think you're a piece of dirt on the bottom of their shoe. management of ICTS are quite frankly non-existent and when they do turn up are incredibly rude. 0 training on first arrival, constantly get lied to or ignored by managers (using the term managers lightly). how this company has managed to acquire such major contracts with Amazon and the major Airports is something that i cannot wrap my head around. Do yourself a favor and seek another company to work for.
Pros
none at all
Cons
everything about the company
Avoid
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Littlehampton23 January 2017
If you want a job staring at the walls.
With supervisors doing sweet FA
No family or social life
This is the job for you
Some good workers
Seems people do what they want. no communcation
Very poor rotations
Hand overs what a joke
Pros
Free drink
Cons
To many to list
not at all a good company to work for
Static Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent16 January 2017
very very bad management caring in regards to employees who inform the company at the time of interview of an existing medical condition, the when you ask for support in being excused of a certain duty which hinders the mentioned medical condition, only to be told that if you cant do ALL THE DUTIES then you will be classed as un-fit for work and summarily dismissed..............cannot wait to leave and never to come back either
Pros
home time
Cons
too much clickyness between certain guards & the onsite supervisor
Ok
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk8 January 2017
Not to bad pay could be better for what we do and have to put up with. Could do with a 4 on 4 off basis but good people meet new friends and could have a gd career
Pros
Paid lunch break
Cons
Low pay
Avoid like the plague.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Maidstone6 January 2017
Good pay rates but long hours and management tend to interfere too much.

Guards have organised things as they see best according to their experience. The client is really happy with the way it's been done and makes a point of telling that to the guards. Along come management and order the guards to do it differently. you are constantly told you can't do this, you can't have that even when the client is OK with you doing or having it. Laptops or tablets on night shift on slow sites to keep you awake are a prime example. ICTS bans them from every site even when the client has said they don't mind guards using them as long as the patrols etc are done. As a result, guards are often caught asleep out of pure boredom. the company appear to expect you to stare at a blank wall for 12 hours and not go to sleep.

Management are pushy and demanding and can never find anything good to say to you. As a result, the site I worked on has had a 250% staff turnover of guards in about 2 years.
Pros
Decent pay rates.
Cons
Long hours and managers with terrible management skills.

Want to know more about ICTS (UK) Ltd?

Ask a question
Avoid
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Southampton25 July 2016
Been working with the company now for just over a week. Although advertised as a job with regular shift pattern and a single site, I have clocked already over 78 hours as a working week, no shift pattern as advertised. The supervisor where I'm primarily based likes to tinker with the roster even though he don't have a clue what he's doing, every day of working with them the supervisor has presented me with a different roster for every day. That's 9 days working with them and 9 different rosters. Each time I'm told it's non negotiable. I live with my family and haven't seen my two little girls in 9 days.
They have a quick day to night, night to day turn over.
I've got one shirt and one trousers.
The daily life at one site is constant walking, no sitting down allowed and only 30 minute lunch break. Yet another site is, sit there don't move. You don't see anyone.
I'm looking for work else where as job is not what was advertised on indeed
Pros
Staff are friendly
Cons
Long hours, short lunch, minimum wage, uncomfortable uniform, very little time off to see family
Bullying tactics
x security guard (Former Employee) –  Amazon25 July 2016
worked for this company for 8 months, management do not listen and only interest in you covering sites, if you do not cover overtime on your days off its frowned upon, and they try and use bullying tactics and threaten you with sack if you dont do the shifts, they also promisse a contract after 6 months , it started at 3 months then they change it when it suits them so u basicaly have a 0 hours contract, unprofessional , uncaring , bullying brigade , you have been warned , I worked at Amazon Glasgow.
Pros
nil
Cons
emptypromisses
easy going workplace
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Bristol2 June 2016
This is a busy environment, with people coming and going throughout the whole of the day. From searching people that are going out, to searching drivers finishing up there duties to searching the vans at the gatehouse. other duties included making sure everyone on the site is booked in. The management could improve. Great co-workers,
Pros
uniform
Very fun environment
Night Security Guard (Current Employee) –  oxford street22 March 2016
typical day at work was fun and productive.
I learned much about warehouse and inventory work.
management were really really nice.
coworkers were awesome.
hardest part of the job wasn't any.
enjoyable part was conversing with colleagues.
Enjoyable experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Leyland20 January 2016
Always on time, no hurdles in the way, everyone would get on with the job and always a nice atmosphere. A job where everyday motivation is not a problem. Gained a lot of experience which has added more attributes to my arsenal
Pros
Working atmosphere, good pay
Cons
Long hours - sometime it felt like forever.
Proactive and Helpful Job
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Rugeley, ENG1 November 2015
The environment I would work in was fun and the management was also very supportive. It was a great job as I could have a good chat with my colleagues whilst working. The best part of the job was that the breaks was long enough for everyone to have a bit of a rest before going back to work. But sometimes there will be more pressure on the security because we would be short on people.
Pros
Free drinks
Fun and enjoyable job
security guard officer (Current Employee) –  Rugeley1 November 2015
My typical day at work would start of with me setting out early in the morning depending on the shift I have that day. So once I arrive at work I have a conversation with some of the workers then I go off and do my duties. Then at break I have time to relax and during this time I get to find out more about the personal life of some of the workers and we might play a game or discuss the football match that day or the day before. The work is quite stressful as it is really long day at work but with the presents of other workers I can get through the job.
Pros
Free drinks