Iceland Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

Poor place to work
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom19 May 2018
Never enough staff on at one time, management don’t respect the staff and poor pay for the job expected where a team leader gets paid almost as much as a deputy manager.
Pros
Good team to work with
Cons
Not enough staff on, poor pay for deputy managers
Overworked under paid & no family life balance
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol17 May 2018
Very poor management, no loyalty to their hard working staff no matter how many years you've worked , you have to buy most your own uniform, because they have never got enough budget to get new tops & trousers , hasn't got the right health & safety checks, or uniform for staff when working in the cold room in freezing temperatures.
Pros
10 percent discount
Cons
Long hours, no time for breaks or you won't get the job done, & lots of unpaid work
Nice work place
Seniors Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London17 May 2018
I got very good team to work with them . I got good management team . Nearly 10 years with this company and got 10 years customer service experience. Working different shifts full y flexible. Interesting thing very near to my house. My full team is fully training for their roles . Providing them all necessary training to gave good customer service as these they market fully depends on customer service and right value of goods.
Pros
Tea and coffee
Cons
Full time
Hours cut every week
Home delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Batley england17 May 2018
Worked there 5 and a half year's, the days cut from 3 days to 2 because they set on a spare driver, hours cut from 20 odd to 12, that's why I handed my notice in. Totally unfair, lied to by management.
Okay place to work.
Sales assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London15 May 2018
The work place itself is not too bad however due to a few problems with management can sometimes be very stressful. It is weekly pay and the hourly rate is good.
Pros
Weekly pay and hourly rate
Cons
Not enough hours availalable.
Hard work for no reward
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cowley, Oxfordshire14 May 2018
Busy day, often couldn't get a lunch break,
I learned a lot about stock management, people management and the day to day running of a business.
Management used to brag about being payed double what us supervisors were on and not doing any work.
Hardest part of the job was keeping motivated when you are not being paid what you are worth and other paid more than their value.
People I worked with.
Cons
no rewards, overlooked for progression, likes to pay you nothing for doing everything
Fun Experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tunstall12 May 2018
Working for Iceland Foods was a fun experience for me, as I went into the job straight from school at 16. There are always plenty of hours and some of the people you meet there are friends for life.
It gets very busy and you have to learn to work under pressure, deal with awkward customers and provide professional customer service at all times. The training was good, as it prepared me for a typical day at work.
Pros
Learning about the company.
Cons
Communication between manager and staff.
Good work enviroment
Customer service asistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater10 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Iceland and was given the opportunity to work in different departments so I learnt a lot more than if I was in one area.This was great as everybody was multi skilled.
Pros
Team ethic
Easy going and fun
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horley8 May 2018
All staff are lovely and easy to talk to , stress levels are high at times but your hard work is always appreciated , my job keeps me on my feet there’s never any times where I’m bored or run out of things to do
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Hours
Great experience
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Penge, Greater London3 May 2018
Great experience nice people to work with and great careers to progress your role as high as you want
Good pension scheme and saving accounts
Over time available if you want
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Over time available
good store
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint2 May 2018
I worked in one store and it was great. However, there were sometimes frequent and chaotic changes to the management team, which would affect the store dynamic
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Expected to work nearly every bank holiday, as well as new years day
work somewhere else if you can, bear if you cant.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  iceland food warehouse winnick road warrington1 May 2018
A easy job to perform but workers are expected to sacrifice 1 - 2 hours extra a night because management are routinely unable to estimate how many people are needed for the work that needs to be done you will be expected to chase up payment for these extra hours as the work hours for that week will already have been allocated, and your extra hours will need to be carried over to the next week, this will not always happen and chasing up can be dishearting.
Pros
easy job
Cons
bad managment
Good company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Banbridge, County Down30 April 2018
Opening of closing the store. Safe and cashing up duties. Receiving and processing deliveries. Customer service. I learned about KPIs, stores seasonal change overs. Hardest part of the job was stock take, best part of the job was helping customers and staff.
Pros
Early finishes
Cons
Long days
productive and nice place to work
Customer Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne29 April 2018
duties range from till work to stock control to cleaning
i have learned about stock rotation how to handle cash and credit card transactions.
the staff are friendly and we enjoy nights out together outside of the work environment
the hardest part of the job is to fulfil everything in the alloted time
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the people that walk through the doors. every one different but everyone willing to chat and be friendly
Pros
10% staff discount
Cons
varying hours and only 7.5 hr contracts
manger has not been trained properly
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cannock26 April 2018
the manger at cannock ieland dos not treat any one with respect
talks to you like ur nothink god for bid u take your day off he would cut your hours he calls people stupid he demands respect but is not willing to give it back
Very average job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Glasgow, Inverclyde25 April 2018
The management team do not consider all your skills as others are often part of favoritism. An 8 hour shift would often be sitting on the tills serving customers.
Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ballynahinch20 April 2018
While working in Iceland i felt apart of the team and the manager of iceland in ballynahinch is absolutely brilliant and have no complaints. I enjoyed working here and would recommend it to others.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Short Hours
A pleasant place to work
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire18 April 2018
Iceland is a friendly place to work. It's a very fast paced environment. You have the opportunity to progress in your career at Iceland. But you only get a 7 and a half hour contract.
Pros
Local
Cons
Not enough hours
Bad management
Home Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire17 April 2018
Promote people beyond their experience. Shifts are split with an enforced unpaid break . Unreasonable delivery routes. Nothing in reserve for accidents or traffic build up. The worst health and safety environment I have ever worked in.
Good working atmosphere between colleagues
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset17 April 2018
A pleasant company to work for, however individual managers can make for a difficult and frustrating working environment. Work colleagues are always friendly, helpful, supportive and great team players. There are certain 'perks' and good benefits. There are chances to improve but a more structured approach would be beneficial.
Pros
Free gifts, products. Good benefits
Cons
Intermittent hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iceland Foods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.