Iceland Foods Ltd

Iceland Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,905 reviews
Found 1,905 reviews matching the search
Would recommend
A typical day includes, serving customers on the checkout, working deliveries, face pace environment. Always something to do, which makes time go really quick.
Pros
Teamwork, 10% discount, always busy
Cons
Not enough length of breaks sometimes, lucky to get 10 mins.
Work here to be treated with contempt
Work for Iceland as a delivery driver if you want to be over worked, stressed out and treated like you are replaceable worthless employee.
If you have super powers of some kind or time travel machine to teleport around and slow down time so you can do the job in the time given then go ahead and apply.

Loading the van takes over 25 minutes but often much longer due to having to repack items due to crates being missing or over loaded and wont fit into racking. Iceland thinks it can be done in 15! Crates are often over 30kg and some have to be lifted above your head to fit in the racking. The check sheet never matches your amount loaded onto the van you often have more loaded. So your handset/paperwork wont match it will say a customer has 3 crates but really has 4! Sometimes it will say a customer has more than being delivered say 3 but you only have 2! This makes you pull your hair out because like me if you want to do things right it’s impossible hence why customers sometimes don’t get all their shopping! At least once a day a crate will have a missing label so you have to check everything to find out where it goes again wasting time you don’t have! Paperwork, van keys, and handset are not ready you have to run around to find a manager.

Some customers have 6 or more crates and you deliver to blocks of flats and have to carry to the customer’s door with no lift! You only get 2 minutes per delivery regardless of amount or location! I have had shopping stored in incorrect locations i/e frozen left with ambient and defrosted ambient put into the freezer and frozen! Crates in
 - more...
Avoid
Don't even consider to work for iceland.
Poor management, van is constantly overloaded so you have to brake down the load to get everything in the van. Half of the drops are top floor flats so you cary bags 3-4 times to the top floor flats every second drop.
family work environment
great company to work for, great staff training programs, fantastic work rewards, good work life balance achievable, constructive balanced work place feedback
Avoid at all costs
I took a job at Iceland while on furlough during COVID-19, and given what I know now I would rather beg on the streets of Vladivostok in mid winter, with a mankini on. Training consisted of a run out with another driver on a quiet shift then into it. Now if you don't arrive at least 30 minutes before your shift to load your van(which will be dirty in cab and food area damaged including load doors, lacking in food compartment cooling...etc) you will be late commencing your 1st run, this will then put you back for other runs culminating in finishing work 1-1 1/2 hours after your shift(un paid). Online training is not catered for as part of your shift rota so assume all the online training to be done in your own time, This includes food anf hygiene, or just sign it off and make yourself liable. Expect the worst and busiest shifts as a new starter and up to 17 consecutive days working unless you bring this up with Management then they will reluctantly change your rota.
During COVID expect no social distancing from colleagues or customers expect no time or equipment to clean contact surfaces of the different poorly maintained and dirty vans you drive, and if you want PPE there is some cheap pound shop masks thrown in a corner, which you are NOT encouraged to wear.

Overall a shocking experience from a large national food retailer.
Pros
I've tried but no there is non.
Cons
Bandwidth of Indeed wouldn't cope with the list
Friendly Atmosphere
With the Correct Training and Some Local knowledge, Could be done with an AtoZ but a Sat-Nav helps. Updating of Customer Data could be better so that Delays are Minimised.
Pros
After 6 months gain Staff Discounts
Cons
Tight Time Slots for a Novice Just In Time Driver
Job
It was ok I done a bit of everything just the job didn't last long anuff just because all the old staff came back I was on 0 contract hours so I got laid off
Only reason I worked there was the pay .
if you are willing to cope with the worst customers in your area then this is the job for you! I applied for Iceland as the pay was more than okay for my living situation, I needed a steady paying job. unfortunately, it's not enough, the smell, the language and the things you come across working for these people are unbelievable - I've had a customer pull out his pen*s in front of me due to the security guard stopping him as he had shoplifted. the reason I lasted so long there was because I needed an income to pay rent.
Undervalued Drivers
Drivers in this Covid-19 period are thrown in at the deep end. There are breaks but if you want to get all your deliveries done within the time slot, there is no way that you can take them. You end up working 8 hour plus shift with no break. They tell you that all the runs are prepared for you by the in store staff, but this is not the case. Sometimes you can leave up to an hour late to start your 2 hour delivery slot. which leaves you worn out and stressed.
Avoid Avoid Avoid
Awful
Worst place I've ever worked for and I've worked horrible jobs.
Management - non existent, like to gossip, two faced, not supportive, hard to communicate.

Staff - 90% of staff I came across where two faced, gossipy and acted like they where better than you and when you asked for help they acted like you where the biggest nuisance ever. Also not doing their jobs properly but because they are friends with management they would never get in trouble. Also texting in the morning asking if you can work a shift 45 minutes before it starts really early in the morning not the best.

Hours - Dont get paid for overtime, dont ask if you can work overtime they just assume you will even when you tell them you cant.

Communication - AWFUL AND NON EXISTENT. Number I had for them wouldnt connect, I never got given no alternative number or email to contact with any issues. No rota in advance and got asked on the day or the day before.

I highly reccomend you dont work here.
Pros
Cons
Hours, horrible staff, horrible management, no communication
Multi tasking skills are useful
I started as a part time (Saturday job) whilst I was still attending college. I have been seeking an apprenticeship whilst working here. During my time here I have learnt many different aspects of life with a food retailer.
good place but stressful.
Although it can be a good place to work advance your career. It can be very stressful. Expect to much out of people and try to make them work in their own hours without pay.
Iceland timperley
Don't bother I was a home delivery driver for four years. 26 hour contract other than me and supervisor and manager. Every other member of staff had a 6 hour contract. What a joke
Worksop Iceland
I was an employee for about 14 month. Trained on various departments. Always knew at least 1 mnth in advance your rota, management were very professional and approachable. Staff in general were great to get on with good team effort. I only left due to personal changes at home. Only negative was no fulltime contracts.
Great company to work at with friendly managers
Handling high volumes of customer enquiries via email / live chat / telephone in a friendly environment where staff are valued. Good staff restaurant with a Costa Coffee cafe . Staff shop onsite that is very convenient with a staff discount for permanent staff members
It’s extremely 50/50.
Honestly when I started working at Iceland I didn’t think I would get enough hours but eventually I did which I was pleased about however there are times if you’re a online picker there isn’t enough support to help you finish your shift on time (lack of staff vs order numbers) The manager turnover is terrible. Working here can be great if you have organised understanding management otherwise it’s just really stressful and hard to manage at times
Pros
Work life balance is fair
Cons
Management turnover discount only 10%
Eh
For my first job it was okay ,the manager was really nice and the environment was really nice but they fired me without telling me ,I found out by given my holiday pay but this was literally a day after they had given me my uniform after working there for 3months as it was a Christmas temp , it came to my final pay and I didn't get given the correct amount , they didn't pay me for an entire days work , overall it was fun but I didn't like it entire
Glad I withdrew my application
The application process is a joke it takes forever asking personal questions that seem designed to trip you up, I withdrew my application after reading the horror stories on here and other recruitment sites. The turn over of delivery drivers is astonishing after talking to one of them who advised me that I would be better off selling my body than working for them as the pay and conditions would be better.
Awful place to work
I was a delivery driver for Iceland for the past 22 months, they don't pay you for all hours worked the amount of deliveries within a 2 hour slot is totally unreasonable without breaking the law i worked a full 8 hour day with a hired van 7 months ago and still not been paid thank god I've woke up and smelt the coffee very very stressful no social life worked every Sunday for the past 14 months management terrible. Stay well clear at all costs... There's much better jobs elsewhere.
Slave for peanuts!!
You would think in this day and age that a big company would treat drivers with a lot more respect but offering jobs at just above minimum wage with a zero hours contract is an absolute insult. When you pay peanuts you get monkeys!, I’d rather work in a factory or stack shelves than work for that wage.....this country has become a shambles with companies like this paying that for a wage. Iceland should be ashamed
Can't complain. I feel I'm ready for a new challenge ⁸
Iceland is a great company too work for worked for them for 11 years I'm now looking for a new challenge.the company are brilliant
The colleges are not focusing of their duties. .they need to recognize dicciplem. We are the to give a service. With a smile

.that is why. May need. Change. Thankyou.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iceland Foods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.