ICBC Standard Bank

ICBC Standard Bank Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
Great culture and team Hardworking and diligence working ethics Lean and move fast Easy approach to Leadership and Management Technology driven strategy
Relaxed environment, everybody works hard. Everybody is willing to help you with any questions/concerns you may have. Culture can be a challenge given it is a merger of two banks, but it is managed well.
Great environment, staff were extremely friendly. IT staff we ok and technical. The management were fair let you get on with the role. Lots of responsibility was placed on my to deliver deadlines which I met on application packaging.
Pros
Good canteen
Cons
I’m really enjoying to work there. There’s good working atmosphere, people are very friendly. You’ve never work alone. I would recommend ICBC Standard Bank as a employer to anyone.
Great work life balance, great people to learn from and I would recommend anyone starting out there career to work here! After a few years, it may be worth moving on as people stagnate.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Politics
workplace culture has changed immensely since ICBC became shareholders creating ICBCSB. Much preferred working with Standard bank. More job progression, friendly atmosphere.
I am a current employee here at ICBCS, and I must say I love the atmosphere and the team I work with, internal mobility is promoted & I feel this is a place you can stay for a while to build a career.
An extremely challenging few weeks, whereby we had to analyse potential investment opportunities in the developing world. The end of the placement involved a short presentation on our findings.
Pros
Interesting and thought provoking
Cons
Not much guidance perhaps at some points.
Worked in IT within Compliance, team was good. Culture wise really cool. Depending on your project, management may interfere. Good for learning. May work again.
I enjoyed my work and enjoyed the daily challenges. The bank is growing every day and I see it going places in the not too distant future. I would love to work there again.
Flexible. Friendly. Typical city work. Good management, quick decision making Diverse culture environment Very mixed environment. Hard working culture.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great company to work for with a lot of change taking place right now. lots of opportunity to progress in the company. Due to the size of the company you are able to get involved with a number of different areas, which you would not be able to do in a bigger organisation.
Pros
Lots of change, success is very much Merit driven
Cons
lots of cost cutting initiatives currently underway