Ian Williams Ltd

Ian Williams Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom104 reviews
I have been working for the Liverpool branch for nearly 3 years now,if your prepared to work hard,earnings are very good,lads on site are all good,who can work alone,or fit nicely into a team,management are all approachable and are happy to help with any situations that arise,there is always options to move up in your career if that’s what your looking for.
Target work is reasonable,like any firm,some are good some not,but they are fair,

Standard of work has to be to a high standard,the client comes before profit,that does get drilled into you,no exceptions,if your willing to work hard,I’d recommend here all day,if your looking for an easy ride,then try elsewhere
Pros
Availability to keep learning
Cons
To many Liverpool fans in office
Relaxed days, great brunch of lads.
Bonus scheme available

Management are excellent and approachable , good training provided, hard part can be filling out time sheets.

provided.
Pros
Bonus available
Cons
Sometimes unachievable targets
It was a good place to work. The management were very supportive of staff and offered advice to improve any service issues. It was a stressful environment but it was well handled.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Long travel time
Do not join this company on a temp contract as umbrella company that pays you, takes to much from you. After deductions only left with two thirds of my wage!!!
I started with ian William's as an apprentice and they put me forward for any relevant training I needed. They also supported me with my college work and then helped me with price work when I finished.
Real them and us culture.
Shockingly inept management

Good workers being lost because of recent changes to pricework (or lack of) rock bottom morale on most sites,due to tight or impossible targets set by naive surveyors who don't know their a~~es from their elbows, telling experienced tradesmen how long a job will take when they have no real world experience.

This was a good company but recent management changes have destroyed this.
I was TUPE,d over to Ian Williams when they won the new contract. I soon settled in was a great pace to work.Regretted having to leave at the end of the contract.
Worked there for 13 weeks while I was on agency good managment shame about the distance and hays the agency it was threw they did not keep to the actual wage they was commited to.
Bully boy mentally and always dishing out disciplinaries if you do something wrong. The phones are constantly ringing leaving no time to get your jobs done.
Company has gone from a friendly office to a call centre environment which is far too stressful but management don't seem too bothered as when 1 good person leaves they're happy to replace them with temp who have no idea what they're doing. AVOID AT ALL COST
Supplied with everything you need to carry out jobs on your own. Therefore 99.9% of the time left to your own devices. You are kept an eye on to make sure your working and meeting targets etc but aslong as you do as your meant to be doing and communicate well everything is all good. I have always been supported by fellow workers, management and office staff and feel I am part of a team.
Pros
Support from team
Cons
Pay could be better
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ian Williams Ltd?
Been here for 20 odd years really good company to work for ,couldn’t ask for a better place to work ,they give you good opportunity’s to climb ladder to management :)
Seriously avoid the Leeds branch not sure about other units but Leeds is run by a bully who thinks it’s HIS company and threatens to sack people as if it’s a joke,

Worst place I’ve ever worked I can’t wait to get

1 star is too much
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Manager thinks he’s god
big national company great back up van material toolbox talk training organisation with a propensity to deliver and meet strict dealines, everyone is their to talk so very happy with this company
No Man management or person skills,bullying and intimidation.the good reviews on here only seem to be from office managers ect...I wonder why?people not getting paid,employees coming on being paid more that existing employees on the same trade
Pros
Good lads on the ground
Cons
I knew I found a perfect job when I started working for Ian Williams everyone was friendly and helpful and I learnt many new skills and made many friends Ian Williams is a good caring company
I was very excited to start at Ian Williams and coming from a social housing repair background i am experienced in the repairs and planning world. However after my first month I felt very underwhelmed, unsupported, undermined by staff and lied to. There processes are hideous and don't make any sense what so ever. Everyone's just a number, staff, clients and tenants.

would not recommend
I joined Ian Williams believing the sales pitch at the interview I was expecting a professional, forward thinking, competitive paying company. Instead I witnessed bullying and harassment, poor management and backwards thinking on a company wide scale, staff morale was non existent and it was a kill or be killed attitude from managers. My line manager has instructed me to me available 24/7 on my mobile phone and if I am not working 14 hours a day 7 days a week then I am not doing my job . Ian Williams are reducing quality and H&S practice as well as staff numbers to keep their costs down. As soon as I find another job I am gone
Pros
N/a
Cons
Inept managers, long hours, work life balance non existent
Poor company set up
Poor morale

Low pay (when they can pay you correctly)

People leaving by the dozens

Senior directors blind to the problems

Poor H&S

Corner cutting to save money

Low quality work

Unhappy customers

Bullying used as a management tool
Pros
Cons
Long hours, on call 24/7 expected to have mobile phone with you even on annual leave
Since joining Ian Williams in March I have fount thet are a good company to work for, if you are willing to do the work you are employed to do. Hard work will been rewarded with progression from what i can see so far. They offer a good package with a very good bonus scheme.
From my time here you can see they like to reward teams for their hard work and the ethics are about the employees before anything else followed by the clients. The team I have encountered have been nothing helpful throughout the business with directors taking the time to speak to everybody when they visit.

I have had nothing but a positive experience so far.

I would have no hesitation recommending Ian Williams as an employer.
Pros
Good company ethics
the best Influential you could have around your job colleague is to been yourself do what you do best and pass on Knowledge and tips to get the work done quicker and the rest will follow.
I’ve been with Ian Williams for about 12 weeks now and thoroughly enjoying my job. Very customer focused, if a job needs done it gets done.It’s not very often I feel fairly rewarded For my efforts and I certainly have done in the past three months.

This is a work place where it pays off to be organised ,hard-working,Friendly, approachable and customer focused.

A work place where I genuinely think they care about their employees and strive to achieve what is feedback to management to make day-to-day tasks a smoother operation where possible.
Pros
Weekly pay £500-£1000 of you like to work, long run of work
Cons
Cover a large geographical area, Bonus scheme needs improving
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ian Williams Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.