Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 72 reviews matching the search See all 8,387 reviews
working hours
Housekeeping/room service (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 September 2019
lovely environment to work in and people are nice and co-operative. The buffet was amazing with so much choice, something for everyone. We had a club lounge room with a fantastic view and we were able to be allocated the room I had requested which I appreciated a lot. Check in staff quick, helpful, friendly and efficient.
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London18 September 2019
I have been working with them from May 2014. Unfortunately I start to have injury on my shoulder and arm from repeat movement at work and after 3 year I have to leave the company. Management, was very good and everything was in control since 2015. After the management been change and the place of work become unorganised, harder and stressful.
Hyatt is a great company
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3 Station7 September 2019
Work 5-6 days a week
Learnt lots of emergency situation such as delay flight or last min(2 hours notes) event pick up
Culture is try to make things happen with good service
Poor management
Hyatt UK (Current Employee) –  UK3 September 2019
Company offers great benefits for employees but salaries are in line with minimum wages, a huge gap in comparison to senior management salaries which simply are just not justified. Management is always arranged from outside, reccommendations of presidents and existing GM’s. No matter how hard you work and how much hours and effort you put into it, recognition is poor. There’s no staff involvment into the company’s mission, a huge communication gap leading to unmotivated personnel. Training is learn as you go but expectations are high to the moon. On the plus side, company offers good work life balance and comp nights Worldwide, also family and friends discounts.
Pros
Complimentary stays
Cons
Unrecognision of staff & poor management
Poor establishment
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Hauppague , New York16 July 2019
By far one of the worst Hotels I've ever worked for, The management is anti employee and the employee turn over rate was abysmal. Moral was low, long working hours and weak management made for an unpleasant working experience. Management never took the needs of staff to heart and was always quick to fire staff members over disagreements.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Poor management, horrible training proceedures, anti employee policies, long working hours, low salary
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  London20 May 2019
good workplace culture
fair wages
recognition for great work and involvement
team cohesion was one of my favourite parts of working at the hotel
opportunities for growth and development were great
was diverse and very inclusive workspace
Good company, staff turnover quite poor
Chef (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 April 2019
I was at Hyatt for a number of years and went through a lot with my kitchen team but the overall management of the Birmingham branch kitchen wise was not excellent and had a negative impact on the overall running of the kitchen.
Fun and cheerful environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Drayton28 March 2019
The best part about my job as a gallery host is that I am constantly learning a lot from my different cheerful and fun loving guests as well as wonderful colleagues
brilliant company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham28 March 2019
five stars for this company
workload could be anything and everything literally.
management really cared for their staff.
the hardest part of this job was climbing the ladder.
the most enjoyable part was meeting stars and famous people.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
tight uniform
Great student job
VIP Concierge/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 January 2019
It was a very flexible student job. Learnt so much about hotel management and guest services.

Met many international guests and some high profile ones.
Great for pillman hotel manegment
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Jorong town6 January 2019
This hotel give us to learn more food skill for cooking the Chinese food, western food skill, and also Asian food skill so. It's great for give all the stuff can learning more cooking skill for all kind of the cooking food.
Pros
Ever years hv 2month paid
Cons
8 to 10 hours
Events Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Churchill28 November 2018
Great place to work, dynamic operations and teams, good people and colleagues. good development in your career. it's one of the best hotel to work for in London.
Fun place to work at.
Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  London24 November 2018
The job involves everything from waitressing to hosting and tending the bar. The best part is to see the satisfaction on the guest face.

Sometimes can get really hectic
Pros
staff discount
Cons
requires a high level of diplomacy
Guest Personalisation Assistant
Guest Personalisation Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 November 2018
Based in reservations department, where I was dealing with individual, OTA’s and companies. In the way to provide a personalize costumer experience my duty was to find informations about the guest and dealing with the other departments and Manager team to ensure a personal welcoming. No show, late cancellation, extranets, deposit ledger were part of my daily tasks.
Good work experience
Superviser/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 October 2018
I would never recommend this company to work for. Very bad management . They don’t have respect for the staff. Housekeeping department is the worst one.
Death restaurant
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham15 October 2018
We used to served the pretheater meals for the ICC but due to the opening of new restaurants the Aria restaurant just died, headchef by the time lack of ideas for new menus and ineficient in the kitchen only capable of doing banketing.
Busy, productive workplace, room to develop
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London7 June 2018
4* Hotel at Heathrow, great location very close to the terminals, recently renovated, otherwise a tipical airport hotel with a twist.
Overall a great company to work for especially due to the management team as they were always very supportive.
Learned a lot about providing a great customer service.
The most enjoyable part of the job would definetly be working alongside a young team of people.
The hardest part were the log 12 hours night shifts.
Pros
Free lunches, Great reception team, Supportive management
Cons
Long hours, Overtime, Work overload
not bad
linen porter (Former Employee) –  London3 April 2018
don't take my word go and o what you decide. don't be a follower.
I worked in the housekeeping department as a linen porter assisting the maids of the hotel, I would also assist the valet department with laundry treating guest clothes and returning their items in a timely manner, this was a 5* hotel and required professionalism, being responsible and ensuring customer service was second to none, all paramount skills I feel I demonstrated effectively.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hard work
Friendly productive team
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 March 2018
Welcoming place to work , great team work and miss working there. Overall was a great experience and if I could I would go back tomorrow . Pay was fair and nights suited me
Fun Place to work
Front Office Supervisor/ Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  West Drayton24 January 2018
overall a very good place to work.

people there are nice and always give support

the hardest part of the job is it being a Heathrow airport always very busy but if you like time to fly by its the best.,

54K