Huntingdonshire District Council Employee Reviews

Stay away unless your face fits
Refuse And Recycling Loader (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Eastfield House21 January 2019
I worked as a refuse/recycling loader. Was great to begin with then a change in management pay cuts and a bullying culture forced me to leave my position. Regular bad decision making and new collection rounds that couldnt be completed. Have to relie on overtime as wages are quite poor and bonus schemes that entitle you to get nothing extra as targets are impossible to meet. Even getting 100% it was still taken away. Its basically a "If you dont like it theres the door" type culture here. Cover up's and back stabbing are pretty much normal standard.
Pros
Hours and regular work
Cons
Management structure, bullying culture and very poor wages
productive company
Data Migration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire22 June 2018
processing accounts
direct debits and accounts
2 separate accounts systems and training
processing accounts and change of addresses
company databases
Pros
free lunch and good company to work for
Cons
long hours and slow accounts system
Job for life
senior taxation assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire5 January 2017
I enjoy working for Huntingdonshire District Council and I my job role. I have been there for 13 years and was hoping to be there until I retired because I like it so much. However, with government cuts the Council are having to restructure most of their departments including Local Taxation. This means that job losses and pay cuts are happening then also they are looking at shared services with 2 other local authorities. Therefore, my job is not secure so I am now looking for a change of career.
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
No longer have free parking
Great team - productive environment
Web Content Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire - UK4 March 2014
I consider myself lucky to have worked with a huge variety of officers at his authority. Our team had creative freedom to develop and implement our digital strategy for the future allowing us to work with new and developing technologies to provide first rate solutions to daily customer service problems.
not to bad
customer advisor (Former Employee) –  huntingdon13 August 2013
this was work experience when I was 15 and I think it was pretty good I interacted with a customer or 2 but mainly just did the filing etc