Huntercombe Management reviews

Serious Safeguarding concerns at Meadow Lodge
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chudleigh, Devon29 January 2019
Nurse walks past child headbanging
Nurse sleeps on duty and does not carry out observation on children at risk of suicide.
Restraint after restraint of children in their bedroom. The rest I can not write, since too upsetting
Pros
The children
Cons
Management. Agency staff and nurses who left children at risk
Dreadful management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roehampton, Greater London22 October 2018
If you want to have your career messed about and be bullied, threatened, shouted at, or suspended illegally by management for no particular reason them look no further. The Huntercombe Hospital Roehampton Hospital is the perfect place for you!!!

With a 2018 CQC rating of inadequate and staff members leaving left right and centre... Roehampton Hospital is horrific to work in and be cared for.

More than 10 workers have left Roehampton in the space in 6 months... Many leave and progress very quickly in their new places of employment, which suggests that staff at Roehampton do not progress and are never recognised for their efforts regardless of what they do.

For a private hospital, you would wonder what exactly you'd be paying for. NHS hosiptals are much better in appearance and protocol.
Pros
The job is amazing if you have a genuine interest in caring for mentally unwell individuals
Cons
Working at Roehampton Hospital
Worst company I have ever worked for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Devon20 July 2018
Absolutely awful company, completely money oriented and don't care about the patients at all, they are just numbers on a spreadsheet, same as the employees. Training provided is just a tick box exercise and is not to actually help staff or patients.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, awful management, money oriented
Biru
Nurse (Current Employee) –  BIRU FRENCHAY12 June 2018
The job can be a challenge, however it is team work that get the jobs done. It can be short staffed at times but the nursing management team endeavour to cover the staffing shortfalls. Shortfalls for staff not attending their shift or due to sickness cannot be blamed on the nursing management team. If you wotk at BIRU then you know the challenges that can occur so adopting a cohesive approach to working instead of adopting a blame culture would be a more proactive approach. A lot of good people work there and support the patients in line with their needs. A lot of positive outcomes for patients have been achieved in order for them to lead independent lives or improved clinical outcomes. I'm proud to work at BIRU and am greatful to the team who support me to ensure that effective care is delivered on the shifts that I co-ordinate.
Pros
Enabling patient's to recover
The worse place where I have been
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire1 May 2018
Easy to lose DBS, management not supportive at all, so many staff at bully.
Kids are lovely but the staff and management most of them doesn’t care and are so rude also aggressive I won’t sent my kids to work in or be in.
Pros
Patients
Cons
All of it
Learnt a lot whilst working here
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 April 2018
During my time as a rehab assistant I did actually enjoy the job and found it to be very educational and fulfilling. However, we were always far too under staffed and always rushed off your feet and never given the thanks that was deserved! The management was awful and treated staff with zero respect, and it always seemed that the rehab assistants did the most work whilst the nurses, management and therapists didn’t do a lot at all!
Pros
Rewarding at times
Cons
Patients can become very aggressive
Appalling
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Berkshire14 January 2018
When joining huntercombe I genuinely believed I could make a difference to these young people's lives and help them on the road to recovery. However when I tried to help and talk with rhem about their issues i was told to know my place and leave it to the specialists, there's patients rarely saw a specialist. I tried to report senior staff for intimidation only to have accusations made against myself. Most staff have the attitude of 'someone else will do it' and the working conditions are awful. No time to eat food or go to the toilet and very rarely will you be relieved to do so. The only good thing was getting to know the patients as they seemed to be the only genuine people there
Pros
The patients
Cons
Staff, working conditions, management
Shocking
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk13 July 2017
I came into this role expecting to help these children, when all you do is observe them and clean up after them. They said during the induction that its the staff that make the job, but i couldn't disagree more. The staff gossiped about anyone and everyone, understaffing was a huge problem regardless of the high staff induction levels. The Management were rude and the director of the hospital offered no reassurance when i raised my concerns. Not to mention all the corners that are cut during the shifts. 12 hour shift with no break isn't legal, let alone manageable.

The only part of the job that i enjoyed was getting to know the patients. They are at crisis stage. But they bring a smile to your face when they are in a good mood.
Pros
Patients, Staff benefits
Cons
understaffed, unsupported, and lack of management.
frustrating
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 April 2017
some times is very frustrating job ,management don't care .
still good people ,but not good enough .
the good thing despite the salary is you have some freedom ,just go and do your job and that is
Pros
some good workers
Cons
not good salary
disappointing organisation
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands5 January 2017
the care the residents receive is fantastic, support staff and senior support staff are very good at what they do.

being my first care job i learnt how to care for people with different types of disabilities. The team are very good and I've made some fantastic friends.

if you were to ask me a year ago id have said that the management were fantastic. but now that isn't the case. i find it hard to put into words how unhappy management made me feel. i felt undervalued as a long standing member of the team, i felt that management wanted me out and so made it highly impossible for me to stay. you don't get listened to when you have concerns. your'e told at interview that there are loads of opportunities when in fact there are non!

the most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with residents and support staff. making it easy to want to come into work.
Pros
support workers and seniors are great
Cons
long hours, lack of leadership

Want to know more about Huntercombe?

Ask a question
Good Company
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stafford22 September 2016
Huntercombe was a good company to work for the staff i worked with was awesome.

The salary was very poor considering how dangerous the job was and how much i saw.

Management could not organise a p**s up in a brewery and communication was poor from them. Healthcare always got the blame for everything.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
long hour, poor pay
challenging but rewarding
SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Devon1 January 2016
never a dull day at work, constantly being kept on my toes whether that being from the clients or the management. friendly management and easy to approach at all levels of the chain of command
sad, lonely place
deputy manager (Former Employee) –  kilbirnie7 November 2015
I find it difficult to give this particular huntercombe facility one star
The site in entrenched with bullies, rumours and gossip
Management are not supportive and most staff are wanting to leave due a feeling that they will be sacked on a whim
Poor atmosphere, poor leadership
Pros
nice setting
Cons
everything
enjoyable experience
Senior Support Worker/ Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG13 March 2015
I was in a senior position after being promoted. The management was fair and my co-workers was great but the wage wasnt great. Most days at work was hectic and challenging and i learnt something new every week like: dealing with disputes among the staff and dealing with residents with challenging and desruptive behaviours
Pros
long hours so few days at work
Cons
low wage
Good work colleagues, not so good management
support worker (Current Employee) –  Buxton, norwich12 December 2014
We have an amazing working team as in the support workers and some nurses. But management do not support their staff off any issues from the care we give to the stress it can cause.
Understaffed most days and nights a lot of agency work on shifts and not so many core staff.
They advertise what we do and the care we provide that is not always so true.
Only reason I'm still there is because I can't find another job.
Pros
?
Cons
Long hours, no care support for staff
Understaffed, management haven't a clue
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Norwich, ENG8 November 2014
Understaffed, management haven't a clue what is going on, almost as if a disco is going on in their head with the magic roundabout theme tune going on.

Co-workers I couldn't ask for a better bunch of people, shame there is such a high turnover of staff due to the management and higher up the food chain

Best part of the job is seeing patients improve and move on.
Pros
working 14 days a month
Cons
no support from management
work places
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  cambs16 August 2013
i truly believe that reviews don't count one bit , its all being very well and good read about work placements but what about when things go wrong on a regular basis, and you raise your concerns and complain to all levels of management and nothing gets done , your left on your own to GET ON WITH IT , and stop complaining because your job is on the line , so you GET ON WITH IT .there is no life balance no values because of the lack of support from all levels of management and when things go pete tong its you the support worker that will get the blame .
Pros
?????? none
Cons
short staffing most of the time
Official response from Huntercombe
23 June 2015

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear that this was your experience. The Huntercombe Group are committed to providing a supportive environment for staff, so we would like to discuss your experience with you in more detail. Could you please contact our Recruitment team at Head Office at your earliest convenience so we can discuss your concerns? Many thanks. JR

I have spent nine years at this hospital doing my day to day tasks and feel that maybe I can improve on my success to date
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  ENG29 July 2013
a typical day at work is making sure that every one is able to enjoy their day helping patients achive their aims to move on I have a very good team that I work with and have no problems with any of my co workers
since joining this hospital i have gained some very good friends and learned many things far to many to write about but feel that i have become a very good senior support worker and helped a lot of staff also improve their own knowledge and perfomance
the best part of the job is when you have done the best that you can for the patient and they move on
the hardest part of the job is feeling that you could have done better
I have no problems with the management and feel that i am well respected for what i do but feel that the company will not use my achviements to help others and feel that all my training is being wasted but at present i do assessments for FAW for a private company to help me keep up my practice
Pros
free dinner