Huntercombe Employee Reviews

Great job satisfaction
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham21 May 2019
Probably the most demanding job I've done but is definitley the most rewarding - knowing the difference I can make to the kids lives I am helping. Can have some tough days but these are outweighed by the good days and get loads of support from management team. The opportunities that the kids get here are unreal - it really is an amazing place to work. Only downside is the wage could better .
Pros
Job satisfaction, well supported, rewarding
Cons
wage
Amazing team that do such great work
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frenchay BIRU Bristol1 May 2019
I had an amazing time and experience, and loved my job, working with an incredible team, that do amazing work and put the patient at the centre of everything they do. I saw patients make such incredible recoveries. I’ve learnt so much and gained lots of new skills and some of my colleagues have become good friends that I'll keep in touch with.

The management were great and far better than my last job! They were approachable, friendly and you saw them out working with the nursing staff, cleaning mattresses and rooms and looking after patients. They were very accommodating with my shift requests and rota and I could work long or short days.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the patients make very good recoveries and working with such a caring, friendly team.

The hardest part is it's a demanding job, and I got tired.

Sad to be leaving due to my husbands job.
Pros
Great Team, good pay, best place I've worked.
Un supportive bad management a lot of bullying
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntercombe house stockton17 April 2019
Worse place ever to work very clicky bullying is ignored very unprofessional management who discuss staff whilst out side smoking, issues are ignored and swept under carpet also management do not look after the staff who are expected to work 13 + hour shifts although management will not help out. I would not recommend working here ever !!
Pros
Cons
Awful awful place
Very supportive culture
Consultant Psychiatrist and Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Newmarket9 April 2019
Healthy working environment. All patients were NHSE funded with experienced staff and senior management. It was a good transition from NHS to the independent sector
No support
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire4 April 2019
No support for me. Was asked to give medications without training. Staff friendly but not good at training, when I said I was struggling eith work load nothing was done to help
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not sufficient training
Great team, terrible management
REHABILITATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bristol22 March 2019
Probably emotionally and physically one of the toughest jobs I’ve ever done. The best part about it is the team, some amazing hardworking people and you get to work very closely with each other and the patients.
Culture and management are awful, condescending, hierarchical and a culture of laziness, including a lot of the nursing staff.
There is very little-no support for the difficult emotional aspect to the job, you are also at risk of violence and aggression from patients and there is little done to safeguard staff. Luckily I had great team mates to support me and that’s what made the job enjoyable.
Managers are very unapproachable and there is very much an ‘us and them’ culture.
If you want to go in and be rushed off your feet for hours on end with very little support or gratitude then this is the job for you!
Pros
Good team who pull together
Cons
Understaffed, demanding, bad management
Serious Safeguarding concerns at Meadow Lodge
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chudleigh, Devon29 January 2019
Nurse walks past child headbanging
Nurse sleeps on duty and does not carry out observation on children at risk of suicide.
Restraint after restraint of children in their bedroom. The rest I can not write, since too upsetting
Pros
The children
Cons
Management. Agency staff and nurses who left children at risk
Worse place i worked.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 December 2018
I worked for huntercombe sherwood for 3 years. I was bullied by staff and one member of managment. The residents were lovely (the only reason i stayed so long). Huntercombe sherwood was very divided and was very clicky. Jobs for the day was given out unfairly. Some staff was made to clean every toilet including the residents toilets. So not only are you a support worker you are a cleaner too!!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Staff
Productive and fun workplace
Datix Manager (Former Employee) –  Nationwide10 December 2018
Interesting and varied employment. Great Q and C team. Great opportunity to work with residents and patients. Some very inspirational stories. It was a pleasure to be part of their life.
Make it a stop gap job not a long term place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire10 November 2018
Some good colleagues who you can have a laugh with but most will do there best to undermined your job roll and knowledge and tell you how they think it should be done making everything a constant argument, 90% of the job is a bodge because you don't have what you need to do it correctly so you have to make do. Ask way to much from people for minimum wage, want all your experience and skills to save getting the trades in but won't pay you for it. The pay gap is to much from the managers at 35k a year to the workers on 7.85ph....
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
Everything in working hours
Dreadful management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roehampton, Greater London22 October 2018
If you want to have your career messed about and be bullied, threatened, shouted at, or suspended illegally by management for no particular reason them look no further. The Huntercombe Hospital Roehampton Hospital is the perfect place for you!!!

With a 2018 CQC rating of inadequate and staff members leaving left right and centre... Roehampton Hospital is horrific to work in and be cared for.

More than 10 workers have left Roehampton in the space in 6 months... Many leave and progress very quickly in their new places of employment, which suggests that staff at Roehampton do not progress and are never recognised for their efforts regardless of what they do.

For a private hospital, you would wonder what exactly you'd be paying for. NHS hosiptals are much better in appearance and protocol.
Pros
The job is amazing if you have a genuine interest in caring for mentally unwell individuals
Cons
Working at Roehampton Hospital
Worst company I have ever worked for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Devon20 July 2018
Absolutely awful company, completely money oriented and don't care about the patients at all, they are just numbers on a spreadsheet, same as the employees. Training provided is just a tick box exercise and is not to actually help staff or patients.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, awful management, money oriented
Biru
Nurse (Current Employee) –  BIRU FRENCHAY12 June 2018
The job can be a challenge, however it is team work that get the jobs done. It can be short staffed at times but the nursing management team endeavour to cover the staffing shortfalls. Shortfalls for staff not attending their shift or due to sickness cannot be blamed on the nursing management team. If you wotk at BIRU then you know the challenges that can occur so adopting a cohesive approach to working instead of adopting a blame culture would be a more proactive approach. A lot of good people work there and support the patients in line with their needs. A lot of positive outcomes for patients have been achieved in order for them to lead independent lives or improved clinical outcomes. I'm proud to work at BIRU and am greatful to the team who support me to ensure that effective care is delivered on the shifts that I co-ordinate.
Pros
Enabling patient's to recover
The worse place where I have been
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire1 May 2018
Easy to lose DBS, management not supportive at all, so many staff at bully.
Kids are lovely but the staff and management most of them doesn’t care and are so rude also aggressive I won’t sent my kids to work in or be in.
Pros
Patients
Cons
All of it
Learnt a lot whilst working here
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 April 2018
During my time as a rehab assistant I did actually enjoy the job and found it to be very educational and fulfilling. However, we were always far too under staffed and always rushed off your feet and never given the thanks that was deserved! The management was awful and treated staff with zero respect, and it always seemed that the rehab assistants did the most work whilst the nurses, management and therapists didn’t do a lot at all!
Pros
Rewarding at times
Cons
Patients can become very aggressive
Appalling
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk19 February 2018
The only positive thibg about working here was the patients. I grew attached, a bond. I was told numerous of times i was the only one that cared and wasnt there just to pay my bills. My heart was in the job, i cared about their lives.

Minimal support.
Patients have no routine, no structure, lack of exercise, activities and outside space
Pros
Patients
Cons
Everything else
Appalling
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Berkshire14 January 2018
When joining huntercombe I genuinely believed I could make a difference to these young people's lives and help them on the road to recovery. However when I tried to help and talk with rhem about their issues i was told to know my place and leave it to the specialists, there's patients rarely saw a specialist. I tried to report senior staff for intimidation only to have accusations made against myself. Most staff have the attitude of 'someone else will do it' and the working conditions are awful. No time to eat food or go to the toilet and very rarely will you be relieved to do so. The only good thing was getting to know the patients as they seemed to be the only genuine people there
Pros
The patients
Cons
Staff, working conditions, management
Health care support worker
HCSW (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire17 August 2017
-Very very very rewarding job.
-fast paced and challenging
-good ward team work
-moral is low but brilliant team which pull you along

But not listened to by management and salary very low.
Good
Senior Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Devon2 August 2017
I do not wish to comment as I am in the process of redundancy as our wards have been closed due to safeguarding. The team are fantastic and have been a pleasure to work with. Huntercombe supplied a lot of training
Pros
Good team
Careing
Support Worker / Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool1 August 2017
Granville Lodge is an outstanding place to work, the care and support given to the service users is second to none. To be able to provide care and assistance to children and young people who are unable to care for themselves due to complex illness is fabulous.
Pros
Satistaction that you are helping other un able to help themselves.
Cons
Poor wage for the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntercombe. Our community is ready to answer.