Huntercombe

Huntercombe Employee Reviews

United Kingdom67 reviews
Friendly team. Relaxed approach to management. Central location making travel to/ from work very easy. Office amenities good. Free car- parking. Overall good experience.
I worked at Oakwood as a support worker and as mentioned in another review on here the staff that have worked at Huntercombe for a long time were dreadful. They make life difficult for newbies especially those that have lots of experience. Very nasty environment and it ain't just the women.
I also witnessed some shocking behaviours that seem to be the norm. Manager has absolutely no idea at all and does manage staff as there all to pally

behaviour
The residents are lovely but that's where it ends.
Oakwood is small and the staff were shipped over from eldertree lodge and were absolutely awful, I witnessed some embarrassing behaviours from the old staff. The so called manager has not got a "clue" what he is doing. If your experienced watch out as the staff don't take kindly to that. It's a terrible environment for new staff I'd say don't bother.
One and a half hour unpaid break for every shift that you may not know until you start work, i did not know. Long working hours often on my feet all day depending on the unit i was stationed at and unfairness to newer staff, hope things have now changed. I did not want to speak but have a moral duty to others.
Dreadful company to work for, only in it for money, no consideration for patients or loyal staff, stay clear, too many people were taken advantage of working for this company, the chiefs up top cream off the profits whilst the workers on the ground get shafted
Huntercombe continues to thrive for excellence. They have a very good staff development programme. They second staff to do nursing and associate nursing.
Challenging but decent place to work in health care, not boring there is always something to do and the training is excellent.
. typical day at work as they are 12hours shifts it can be a long day.

.the people you work with are supportive and understanding.
Just off the A14 around Newmarket the Head Office is a little quirky, as many people work remotely and there have been many changes in location and staffing.
Lovely, caring people to work with.
No respect promituin given to those with no qualifications and those that were qualified for jobs were brushed aside and it was given to those with no qualifications . Manager was,selfish u couldn't think fie urself and attitudes towards staff wen talkingvto them.is alomo
I loved working at the huntercombe group formally linden house shame it had to close down? Would love to be employed by them again still miss my work so I was very happy in my work I had been there for a number of years and still miss my role
Pros
Loved my work
Cons
Didn’t have a problem
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Huntercombe?
I wouldn't work here again, the management was shocking shifts were very unfair. If you had been there a long time and got on with management you could get what you wanted. The job involves sitting around most of the time, very boring and not a very friendly environment.
Cons
Long hours and bad pay.
Great company to work for, their pay structures could be better but you do get great training and development. Management are great people which is rare to find.
Pros
Free food, good hours, great management
My time at huntercombe was very enjoyable, the staff were super friendly and accommodating.
The ward manager in particular was friendly and very approachable, nothing was too much trouble.

Thanks to all for a great time spent there .
The job role I was doing was very hard ,its not a job that you stay at for years as it destroys your own mind.Managerment was awful.
The turn over was high,one Christmas 17 staff left in one month of the same year,very poor.There was support and no value you was left feeling like your a mess on the floor .
- Long hours with very little break.

- How to be perceptive in my compassion

- Management varied, improving from atrocious to stable enough to manage.

- The workplace culture was unfriendly and antisocial.

-The lack of understanding coworkers seemed to feel towards people with acute neuro-disability was the hardest part, with some associates seeming to barely understand that caring is more than a rudimentary set of tasks.

- I most enjoyed bonding with patients.
Pros
Flexible
I value the job as a support worker. Its a very demanding job and also mentally and emotionally draining but also a very rewarding job when patients are back to full health and able to be discharged. Working in this role has helped me understand more the demands of behaviour and mental health in children alone and the constant support they need.
Pros
Rewarding. Learning new skills. Working with children and families.
Cons
The Long Hours. Mentally, emotionally and physically draining.
Probably the most demanding job I've done but is definitley the most rewarding - knowing the difference I can make to the kids lives I am helping. Can have some tough days but these are outweighed by the good days and get loads of support from management team. The opportunities that the kids get here are unreal - it really is an amazing place to work. Only downside is the wage could better .
Pros
Job satisfaction, well supported, rewarding
Cons
wage
I had an amazing time and experience, and loved my job, working with an incredible team, that do amazing work and put the patient at the centre of everything they do. I saw patients make such incredible recoveries. I’ve learnt so much and gained lots of new skills and some of my colleagues have become good friends that I'll keep in touch with.

The management were great and far better than my last job! They were approachable, friendly and you saw them out working with the nursing staff, cleaning mattresses and rooms and looking after patients. They were very accommodating with my shift requests and rota and I could work long or short days.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the patients make very good recoveries and working with such a caring, friendly team.

The hardest part is it's a demanding job, and I got tired.

Sad to be leaving due to my husbands job.
Pros
Great Team, good pay, best place I've worked.
Worse place ever to work very clicky bullying is ignored very unprofessional management who discuss staff whilst out side smoking, issues are ignored and swept under carpet also management do not look after the staff who are expected to work 13 + hour shifts although management will not help out. I would not recommend working here ever !!
Pros
Cons
Awful awful place
Healthy working environment. All patients were NHSE funded with experienced staff and senior management. It was a good transition from NHS to the independent sector
No support for me. Was asked to give medications without training. Staff friendly but not good at training, when I said I was struggling eith work load nothing was done to help
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not sufficient training