Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries

Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Employee Reviews

I have worked for Hungry Caterpillars for 4 years! The company has helped me go from apprentice to level 3 and supported me every step of the way. I have experienced visiting and working over all of the sites and each and everyone has a fantastic team and great management. The company has Children’s development and well being at the centre and will do anything to help Iwould highly recommend working with Hungry Carsrpillars!
Hard work with poor pay Made to feel bad every time you need time off or are sick etc No appreciation from management Very poor duty of care Backstabbing from staff and management Favouritism Very rude and no empathy or compassion from management who were more interested in being the best nursery around rather than care and harmony in the workplace Lost some really good members of staff who didnt feel appreciated and left because other nurseries offered a much nicer working environment and offered better salaries All this was experienced at Academy Gardens
I have worked for Hungry Caterpillars Day Nurseries for 8 months now and I really enjoy it! Staff that I work with are friendly and professional and we work as a team to get things done. The benefits are also great (I've just been signed up to BUPA). Management are good at providing training and giving support when needed and I feel that if i ever had any issues I would be supported with these in a professional and understanding manor. This is the happiest I have been in a working environment in a while.
Pros
Great workplace culture, Supportive management, Great Company Benefits
I have worked for Hungry Caterpillars for several years and they are a great company to work for. I have had the opportunity to train and develop and work my way up in the nursery. I started as an Apprentice and now I'm on the Future and Developing Leader Program and will hopefully become a nursery manager in the future. They have lots of staff incentives and benefits and a great yearly staff awards day at Christmas. I would recommend Hungry Caterpillars to anyone.
Pros
Chance to progress in career, lots of training opportunities
I really feel like I am a part of the company, my views are always listened to and respected and the Director knows everyone by name. They review salaries regularly, against both national and local Nurseries, to ensure we are valued and rewarded financially. We receive BUPA healthcare and can also get 50% off of our childcare fees as parents and employees. We also close for 5 company training days per year which really help with our professional development. Hungry Caterpillar continually thrive to be better and have received many awards from NMT, Nursery World and NDNA. The company have successfully supported and encouraged employees to grow from an apprentice to Nursery Manager. If we ever need resources or equipment, we always get them, which is great to support the development of the children and the Nursery environments! We use on line learning journeys to capture a child's development, meaning there is less paperwork and allows us to spend more time with the children.
Pros
Company benefits
Working with toddlers and preschooler,implementing the individual children planning and providing exciting activities in order to support the children learning.Working as a team and making sure the safeguarding and the well being of the children is always met.
Pros
training
Cons
Not organised, very unstructured, pay is very low compared to other nurseries. Management is not supportive, penny pinching compnay. I would not recommned anyone to work here
Pros
Big name
Cons