HUGO BOSS Employee Reviews

No work life balance, no job satisfaction
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland, United Kingdom30 January 2019
The best part of working for the hugo boss outlet was walking out of the door. The store was poorly managed by immature individuals who created negative and unprofessional school girl drama within the workplace. Staff persistently gossiped and spoke about fellow staff members behind their back which made going to work each day completely unsettling. False accusations were made about staff and cofindential information was shared among smaller groups within the workplace. The payroll department are the height of unprofessionalism and have no regard to tackle any issues surrounding staff members wages each month. If they create an issue, they will not resolve it quickly. The salary was satisfactory but only if you achieved a higher amount of commision, which was next to impossible when the store was dead throughout various days of the week. During the Christmas period, the commision could range from £400-600 which was the only incentive to make you work harder. There is no work life balance in this job, you feel as though your whole life is spent folding clothes whilst being fed the ideology of working your way up the company to become a highly successful multi millionaire. This is impossible if you work in a standard outlet in a shopping mall. The store simply does not make enough money to create millionaires, it could give u a 23k salary if your commision is desirable, however, only the staff in the high end stores can make it to the top. Working at boss included working almost every weekend doing a long shift, there was no time to enjoy life due to boss taking over any time  more... you thought you had, or could make stretch. Handing in your notice to Boss to work for another company will result in segregation from team members as you feel no longer valued within the company. Satisfactory training is provided but for most aspects of the job you must have the ability to train yourself. This job may keep you financially stable for the months you work there, but it slowly drained me off all happiness I possessed within me. The idea of making it to the top and becoming successful is only a dream. You must make sacrifices to your life, you must be willing to walk through the door and fake a smile to customers to at least pretend you are happy working there, for a base wage of £1204 each month. Giving yourself a pep talk in the shoe cupboard on a saturday afternoon to give yourself a reason to go on is only one small aspect of the struggle you must face at hugo boss. The discount is good and the commision gives you and incentive to work harder, but in this job you can only push yourself so far. If anyone ever asks me what it’s like to work in Hugo Boss, I shall not lie. But that’s just my opinion. Retail was not for me, but it did teach me a valuable life lesson that money does not buy happiness. Working for a high end designer clothing brand might boost your ego, but that will soon slip away from you and leave you feeling nothing but deflated. And so I walked out the door... and i’ve never looked back since.  less
Pros
Discount, commision
Cons
Poor management, incorrect wages, no life
Dictator regime
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 November 2018
Controlled by one person.....Only the view of one person is important. Company is run as a sales dept with everything else as a support function, support function have no value.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London7 November 2018
I have learned a lot in Boss-the training program is really good. As any retail job, it can be intense (especially at weekends and Festive season), but overall have good memory about the job. The pay was quite low at the time when I worked there but that apparently has been reviewed.
Pros
Commission-the more effort you put, the more money you make.
muy bien
Store supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater London21 October 2018
muy buen ambiente de trabajo y de condiciones laborales
Airport location
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station5 July 2018
4am starts are killers!! Pressure to sell more than one item to customers - KPI books are filled in every week to monitor how you are doing. Even if you do well, it's never good enough. For example, say 2 people only have one sale each in the day, Person 1 sells 6 pairs of sock @ £5 each = they have taken £30. Person 2 sells 1 leather jacket @ £775 = they have taken £775. HB will see that the first person has done better because their UPT is 6 and the second has only achieved a UPT of 1 = they could have done better, even though they have earned the company another £745 than person 1
productive and fun workplace
Menswear Specialist (Current Employee) –  London23 May 2018
productive and fun workplace, interesting to work and great atmosphere. Great team and clear goals and objectives. Beautiful working environment and opportunities.
Pros
great staff incentives
Cons
unpaid breaks
Sales advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 April 2018
While working at Hugo Boss, I was acquired host all costumers coming into the store and helping them to find the products they needed to the highest level of profession of my abilities.
competitive with passion
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh19 January 2018
i enjoyed this job, the commission was very good. and i loved working with customers.
the hours were long, no over time but it was very satisfying knowing i was making a difference.
A good place to work
Senior Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bond Street16 October 2017
I appreciate that Hugo Boss has given me the opportunity to work for them for 8 years. I have learned alot during the time that I was working at Hugo Boss.
Ambiente pessimo
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Bicester11 October 2017
Ho avuto un incidente sul lavoro ed hanno cancellato il video. Invece di aiutarmi mi hanno fatto mobbing per nove mesi. La persona che mi torturava è stata addirittura promossa. Come al solito i corrotti e raccomandati vengono premiati. Azienda pessima.
Pros
Nessuno
Cons
Tutti gli aspetti sono negativi
Exciting place
Sales Advisor - Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scotland2 October 2017
Exciting place to work, nice people, some nice management, some stuck in their ways and not open to new and expressive ideas from newer members of management.
Sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol13 September 2017
Better pay than usual, nice team and made lots of friends however not much room for growth and repetitive role with not much opportunity to help other areas
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2017
Hugo is a very smart and neat place. The standards of the products are very high and expectation for staff to maintain these products in a presentable way are very much a key in the work style
Hard working
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian20 August 2017
This is a place that requires a lot of hard work. Looking after a team of people was never easy but kept me on my toes at all times. I love how everyone wasn't like a. Big family but they looked after me.
Pros
Good staffing
Retail with a flair
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth16 August 2017
Working for Hugo Boss was a great opportunity while i studied at University. The work is very similar to your typical retail environment but the people and management made it a great place to work. Hugo Boss also provides a comprehensive training programme and helped me hone in my client focus skills. It did help having the commission capability and being given free suits and apparel every few months.
Pros
Free clothing, commission and training
Cons
Very focused on individual targets
busy working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 April 2017
Typical day at Hugo Boss is full of standards, excellent customer service, perfection, lots of pressure, dynamic atmosphere most of the time and you cant get bored as there are always something to do even if there are no customers.
Payroll manager
Temporary Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 March 2017
using ADP whilst they were trying to recruit a new payroll person. They didn't know how to use the system nor did the HR dept pass the data correctly to you. The journals were updated via ADP and had to be emailed to the finance dept to upload it. no backup of advice given or received
Pros
no pros
Cons
lack of data and lack of output
Fun and rewarding work place
Keyholder Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ashford27 March 2017
Great company to work for if progression is not on your mind. Hardest retail job I have worked at that's for sure. You are monitored constantly on yours and the stores KPI's which can be overwhelming.
very fast paced
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2017
overall great place to work if your looking to progress. however it will be a while before you are considered for progression.being part of the stockroom team, progression is extremely limited and could be a while.
Average Day For a Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield31 January 2017
As I spent very little time here I wasn't able to grasp the true feeling of full time work here. What i did gather however from other members of staff is that it is quite a chilled our place to work, not too much stress put on staff members every day. Mostly straight forward stuff day in day out with a bit of customers service and sales experience thrown in every once in a while.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HUGO BOSS. Our community is ready to answer.