HUGO BOSS

HUGO BOSS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews
Productive and well managed place to work
Great company to work for. Close knit and transparent company and community to work for with directors all the way to store level management communicating often.
Friendly & Productive Workplace
I loved my time at Hugo Boss. Management were amazing and fully understanding and flexible. sales targets are fair and easily met with determination. good team morale.
A horrible and unfair working environment
Overall it was terrible. I haven’t got paid the money I’m own. This month I got paid £0 but worked 40hours plus every week. Management is terrible. All they do is get angry for no reason hard workers are never recognised it’s a horrendous place to work. it needs to be sued. I need to be paid this month to feed myself.
Productive and fun work place
It’s an environment that helps you focus and develop yourself as a independent, driven individual. It’s an adaptable environment with a lot of growth opportunities.
A good working enviroment
It was very relaxed approach to sales. I was involved in a good sales team on the shop floor in the formal wear department. It was run exactly how would expect a luxury brand to be run.
Rubbish Management
The best people, very friendly, everyone gets along with each other, very loving environment! The main issue is the management, worst attitude ever, so bad that HR got involved. Badly unorganised, contract not followed, underpaid commission, DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!
Good company to gain experience
Good company to start of with to gain real life experience. Competitive field. Learn people skills and networking skills. Recommend it to anyone who wants customer service experience.
Overall it’s alright working there.
It’s alright working in Hugo boss but all the colleagues are really selfish. Management people aren’t really helpful in terms of trining or showing around. Everybody in the store are selfish and not cooperative at all.
Hard but exciting
The day at Hugo Boss is intensive and always in movement, dens of customers to be helped and things to be managed. But at the end of the day, you have made your customers happy, you leave your departmenet clean and ordered and you feel satisfied.
Productive and fun workplace
very good team to work with very friendly. selling is hard yet helps build communication and confidence skills. you need to know alot about the compnay o be able to sell so education of the history of hugo boss is a must.
Pros
great team
Cons
upselling and commission
Professional and focused company
Dedication and commitment are key to being successful, Hugo boss spend a huge amount of time and money in there teams and individuals which is why the knowledge and service are always so superior, the company stride for perfection and providing the perfect shopping experience
Pros
It’s hugo boss!
Cons
Hours and expectations
Terrible place to work at
Didn’t pay me once i left. HR said they will contact me but haven’t and now they don’t pick up the phone. I was treated horribly whilst i was working there and i believe it was due to racism. Worked for a year and didn’t receive my uniform.
Pros
Cons
Everything is terrible
Bad management
Manager complained about being more committed than anyone else.
•Manager refused holiday request twice so he could take his first.

•Unpaid staff.

•Asked to lie about other staff to get them in trouble.

•told I was lying and calling “sickies” before I had to prove I was in hospital

•Unpaid hours.
Pros
Leaving your shift
Cons
Management. Not being paid properly
Disappointing
• probation extended because I was sick.
I returned to work to be told that my manager was sure that I was faking it.

I had to send constant pictures of me at the hospital having blood tests.

• I was treated extremely badly by another member of staff and received no support from my seniors.

• I was told that I could have a holiday come the end of May, the manager forgot that’s when the sale starts. He then told me it was t possible 10 days before I wanted to spend time with my partner who was on half term. I then asked for another holiday come the end of July, he told me it was unlikely even though all other staff had received one, and he himself wanted another holiday before giving me one!

• pay is very confusing. Not one person could give me a straight answer with regards to how pay is managed. You expect one thing and then get explained why you have t yet received something.

• constant pressure from senior management with regards to “the stores needs” non stop guilt trips for not doing as much as those being paid a far higher salary.

• no training. If you are lacking in confidence or any sort of customer service then good luck to you. I sold suit and clothes I had 0% knowledge about, I was constantly told that I would be sent to another store to learn from more experienced Boss staff, that never happened.

• unprofessional staff, no real sales experience on the floor. I had minimal

Sales experience apart from my time working as a cold caller. However, due to my customer service background I was the teams top seller. Had I been trained, the store would
 - more...
Pros
Uniform
Cons
unprofessional. Lack of training. Gossip. No support.
good
good first place to work at gave me good customer service experience and over all good work experience great people to work with i did enjoy working at hugo boss
Good workplace
Good benefits whilst working for the company. Interactive online training with online tasks to complete. Unfortunately there isn’t a good work to life balance and very rarely any 1-1 training. Commission based job meaning arguments over sales which causes relationship fallouts between staff members
Pros
Good staff discount, uniform
Cons
Unfair life to work balance
No work life balance, no job satisfaction
The best part of working for the hugo boss outlet was walking out of the door. The store was poorly managed by immature individuals who created negative and unprofessional school girl drama within the workplace. Staff persistently gossiped and spoke about fellow staff members behind their back which made going to work each day completely unsettling. False accusations were made about staff and cofindential information was shared among smaller groups within the workplace. The payroll department are the height of unprofessionalism and have no regard to tackle any issues surrounding staff members wages each month. If they create an issue, they will not resolve it quickly. The salary was satisfactory but only if you achieved a higher amount of commision, which was next to impossible when the store was dead throughout various days of the week. During the Christmas period, the commision could range from £400-600 which was the only incentive to make you work harder. There is no work life balance in this job, you feel as though your whole life is spent folding clothes whilst being fed the ideology of working your way up the company to become a highly successful multi millionaire. This is impossible if you work in a standard outlet in a shopping mall. The store simply does not make enough money to create millionaires, it could give u a 23k salary if your commision is desirable, however, only the staff in the high end stores can make it to the top. Working at boss included working almost every weekend doing a long shift, there was no time to enjoy life due to boss taking over any time - more...
Pros
Discount, commision
Cons
Poor management, incorrect wages, no life
Busy yet fun place to work
Standing on your feet all day and running back and forth to the stockrooms. Staying behind late and little work/social life balance. Good incentive to sell and customer loyalty to brand helps to sell a lot.
Pros
Discount (65% for yourself and 50% for friends and family)
Cons
Big workload, unpaid breaks (half hour on Sunday) staying late
Dictator regime
Controlled by one person.....Only the view of one person is important. Company is run as a sales dept with everything else as a support function, support function have no value.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
I have learned a lot in Boss-the training program is really good. As any retail job, it can be intense (especially at weekends and Festive season), but overall have good memory about the job. The pay was quite low at the time when I worked there but that apparently has been reviewed.
Pros
Commission-the more effort you put, the more money you make.
muy bien
muy buen ambiente de trabajo y de condiciones laborales