HUC Employee Review

Rewarding & full on.

15 November 2018
I've worked for the company for almost a year at the Luton & Bedford office. I really enjoy the job & the team I work with are great. There is the opportunity to progress within the company & if you put in the extra when needed, it doesn't go forgotten. The breaks were pretty rubbish but have been reviewed & are changing to a much fairer time. Yes you need to be thick skinned & prepared to work hard but it is definitely interesting & a rewardimg place to work. The shifts work well with me being a parent, took some getting used to but fits in perfectly so I can still be there for my children.
Pros
Great team. Good suport from manager. Interesting job.
30 June 2020
Same role
I currently work here and am desperate to get out of this company some colleagues are brilliant others and management are horrendous ,the high staff turnover amongst health advisors says it all ! We get treated like bottom feeders and get picked on for different things on different days one rule for one something different for another, no one wants to listen to you and management dont want to know you unless they want a favour even then they are rude. You will never get recognition working here or get any further than being a bum on a seat. Favouritism at every level, they always pick the wrong people to progress honestly look somewhere else for a job you’ll only regret working here .
Cons
15 January 2020
It is a job where no day is the same you get a different amount of calls every shift from the standard calls to what can be a life-threatening situation. There is sometimes a lack of support from those who are clinically trained so you cannot always get the guidance needed, this being said some members of the clinical team go beyond to help you and after a difficult call will also check on you. Only a small percent of management will actually check on your health and wellbeing, and some will make you feel when your unwell or unable to attend that you need to so you do not have any repercussions. In a lot of serious situations, it has been health advisors helping other health advisors and sometimes even helping clinical staff rather than any clinical or management stepping to help the health advisors when needed which can bring down morale.
It is a fast-paced job that needs you to be able to listen and act quickly but it is a stressful job with high burn out rates, it has been the job where I have been able to help people and I am proud of the work I achieved there but also there could be more recognition for the work staff do..
Pros
Colleagues are supportive.
Cons
Management.
6 October 2019
I am currently employed at Bedford. The team and training are great. If you need flexibility as long as you choose the right contract this is the job for you. I do not think we are paid enough. Staff retention would improve if the salary reflected the hard work and training effort required. You need to be constantly on top of your job and can not make mistskes