HUC Management reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews
I worked there for just over 1 year.

The training was good and there were (mostly) good quality people working in the contact centre but the work is extremely repetitive, to the extent of having to read out the contents of screens word for word over and over again. The job suited for a time but in the end, I felt that I couldn't do it any more and I left.

The management loaded more and more demands on the Health Advisors to meet the requirements of the Integrated Urgent Care contract.

In short, I'd say do it for a short time e.g. student summer job or to tide you over between jobs. It is not a long term prospect.
Pros
Quality of peers, can work part time
Cons
Repetitive, unvaried work, unsocial hours, management
I currently work here and am desperate to get out of this company some colleagues are brilliant others and management are horrendous ,the high staff turnover amongst health advisors says it all ! We get treated like bottom feeders and get picked on for different things on different days one rule for one something different for another, no one wants to listen to you and management dont want to know you unless they want a favour even then they are rude. You will never get recognition working here or get any further than being a bum on a seat. Favouritism at every level, they always pick the wrong people to progress honestly look somewhere else for a job you’ll only regret working here .
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Worst part was that they don't bother to reply to job applications - it's simply rude to not even send a simple email out saying thank you but its a no.
It is a job where no day is the same you get a different amount of calls every shift from the standard calls to what can be a life-threatening situation. There is sometimes a lack of support from those who are clinically trained so you cannot always get the guidance needed, this being said some members of the clinical team go beyond to help you and after a difficult call will also check on you. Only a small percent of management will actually check on your health and wellbeing, and some will make you feel when your unwell or unable to attend that you need to so you do not have any repercussions. In a lot of serious situations, it has been health advisors helping other health advisors and sometimes even helping clinical staff rather than any clinical or management stepping to help the health advisors when needed which can bring down morale.
It is a fast-paced job that needs you to be able to listen and act quickly but it is a stressful job with high burn out rates, it has been the job where I have been able to help people and I am proud of the work I achieved there but also there could be more recognition for the work staff do..
Pros
Colleagues are supportive.
Cons
Management.
it was fun to work here and there was a lot of support from management and other collegues. Even when understaffed we were always supported. Management always supported our decisions too.
Pros
Good work collegues
Cons
Understaffed
Have to have a thick skin to work here, you consistently get shouted at by patients when they don’t get what they want. If you’re good management will work with you to offer you shifts that suit your lifestyle but you are expected to work a lot of extra hours over xmas and Easter. Lots of overtime availability if you want it. Not great benefits (sometimes feel like an employee number not a person) so high staff turnaround but some lovely people working there.
Been there over a year. Honestly it's managed like a joke. Treated like dirt and constantly pressured to pick up more hours than anyone can handle. Will not get thanked for it but quickly shamed for not. Management are all friends and family everyone else is ignored. No career progression. No respect given. Revolving door of staff. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Cons
Everyday is a new torture
Busy busy busy, great staff but the role is demanding. Management never speak to you unless they want/need extra staff. Any decent jobs that come up are usually given to the senior staffs friends and family. Very rarely have enough staff. Needs a complete shake up of the senior staff.
Pros
They always seem to hire really good people but then treat them really bad
Cons
Management, hours, staffing levels
Good work environment

good management
great team effort
good salary

overtime available
You HAVE to work Christmas and boxing day and easter. You're constantly bombarded with calls and texts to pick up extra shifts. Management very poor. High turn over of staff. You only get a 10 min break in 6 hrs of work
Cons
Lots