HUC Employee Reviews for Health Care Advisor

Excellent Recruitment and Selection Process
The Recruitment Team were very helpful. I spoke the manager of the recruitment team initially when I had a few questions, he answered it all. Also during training period they were very supportive and answered my questions with a smile.
Fast Paced.
It is a job where no day is the same you get a different amount of calls every shift from the standard calls to what can be a life-threatening situation. There is sometimes a lack of support from those who are clinically trained so you cannot always get the guidance needed, this being said some members of the clinical team go beyond to help you and after a difficult call will also check on you. Only a small percent of management will actually check on your health and wellbeing, and some will make you feel when your unwell or unable to attend that you need to so you do not have any repercussions. In a lot of serious situations, it has been health advisors helping other health advisors and sometimes even helping clinical staff rather than any clinical or management stepping to help the health advisors when needed which can bring down morale.
It is a fast-paced job that needs you to be able to listen and act quickly but it is a stressful job with high burn out rates, it has been the job where I have been able to help people and I am proud of the work I achieved there but also there could be more recognition for the work staff do..
Pros
Colleagues are supportive.
Cons
Management.
Rewarding & full on.
I've worked for the company for almost a year at the Luton & Bedford office. I really enjoy the job & the team I work with are great. There is the opportunity to progress within the company & if you put in the extra when needed, it doesn't go forgotten. The breaks were pretty rubbish but have been reviewed & are changing to a much fairer time. Yes you need to be thick skinned & prepared to work hard but it is definitely interesting & a rewardimg place to work. The shifts work well with me being a parent, took some getting used to but fits in perfectly so I can still be there for my children.
Pros
Great team. Good suport from manager. Interesting job.
Very Challenging
The job itself is very hard at times, especially on weekends. The job has so much training constantly. There are some friendly colleagues and some that are not so friendly. The calls you take all audited and some are reviewed once a month which you must pass.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long hours and short breaks
Repetitive work, no variety
I worked there for just over 1 year.

The training was good and there were (mostly) good quality people working in the contact centre but the work is extremely repetitive, to the extent of having to read out the contents of screens word for word over and over again. The job suited for a time but in the end, I felt that I couldn't do it any more and I left.

The management loaded more and more demands on the Health Advisors to meet the requirements of the Integrated Urgent Care contract.

In short, I'd say do it for a short time e.g. student summer job or to tide you over between jobs. It is not a long term prospect.
Pros
Quality of peers, can work part time
Cons
Repetitive, unvaried work, unsocial hours, management
Management are awful
Been there over a year. Honestly it's managed like a joke. Treated like dirt and constantly pressured to pick up more hours than anyone can handle. Will not get thanked for it but quickly shamed for not. Management are all friends and family everyone else is ignored. No career progression. No respect given. Revolving door of staff. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Cons
Everyday is a new torture
111 call handler
Busy busy busy, great staff but the role is demanding. Management never speak to you unless they want/need extra staff. Any decent jobs that come up are usually given to the senior staffs friends and family. Very rarely have enough staff. Needs a complete shake up of the senior staff.
Pros
They always seem to hire really good people but then treat them really bad
Cons
Management, hours, staffing levels