HUC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews
The company is good but the drivers get treated like the lowest of the low.
Responsability is high for drivers but isn't shown in respect of your commitment to the job , and only get minimum wage.
Pros
Helpingpeole in need
Cons
Long hours and low wadges.
I currently work here and am desperate to get out of this company some colleagues are brilliant others and management are horrendous ,the high staff turnover amongst health advisors says it all ! We get treated like bottom feeders and get picked on for different things on different days one rule for one something different for another, no one wants to listen to you and management dont want to know you unless they want a favour even then they are rude. You will never get recognition working here or get any further than being a bum on a seat. Favouritism at every level, they always pick the wrong people to progress honestly look somewhere else for a job you’ll only regret working here .
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Worst part was that they don't bother to reply to job applications - it's simply rude to not even send a simple email out saying thank you but its a no.
Huc have a good relationship with their staff, they listen and encourage internal promotions. they encourage flexible working and there are opportunities for a variety of roles within their organisation.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
.shift work including weekends
It is a job where no day is the same you get a different amount of calls every shift from the standard calls to what can be a life-threatening situation. There is sometimes a lack of support from those who are clinically trained so you cannot always get the guidance needed, this being said some members of the clinical team go beyond to help you and after a difficult call will also check on you. Only a small percent of management will actually check on your health and wellbeing, and some will make you feel when your unwell or unable to attend that you need to so you do not have any repercussions. In a lot of serious situations, it has been health advisors helping other health advisors and sometimes even helping clinical staff rather than any clinical or management stepping to help the health advisors when needed which can bring down morale.
It is a fast-paced job that needs you to be able to listen and act quickly but it is a stressful job with high burn out rates, it has been the job where I have been able to help people and I am proud of the work I achieved there but also there could be more recognition for the work staff do..
Pros
Colleagues are supportive.
Cons
Management.
The Recruitment Team were very helpful. I spoke the manager of the recruitment team initially when I had a few questions, he answered it all. Also during training period they were very supportive and answered my questions with a smile.
I am currently employed at Bedford. The team and training are great. If you need flexibility as long as you choose the right contract this is the job for you. I do not think we are paid enough. Staff retention would improve if the salary reflected the hard work and training effort required. You need to be constantly on top of your job and can not make mistskes
I've worked for the company for almost a year at the Luton & Bedford office. I really enjoy the job & the team I work with are great. There is the opportunity to progress within the company & if you put in the extra when needed, it doesn't go forgotten. The breaks were pretty rubbish but have been reviewed & are changing to a much fairer time. Yes you need to be thick skinned & prepared to work hard but it is definitely interesting & a rewardimg place to work. The shifts work well with me being a parent, took some getting used to but fits in perfectly so I can still be there for my children.
Pros
Great team. Good suport from manager. Interesting job.
it was fun to work here and there was a lot of support from management and other collegues. Even when understaffed we were always supported. Management always supported our decisions too.
Pros
Good work collegues
Cons
Understaffed
The job itself is very hard at times, especially on weekends. The job has so much training constantly. There are some friendly colleagues and some that are not so friendly. The calls you take all audited and some are reviewed once a month which you must pass.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long hours and short breaks
I worked there for just over 1 year.

The training was good and there were (mostly) good quality people working in the contact centre but the work is extremely repetitive, to the extent of having to read out the contents of screens word for word over and over again. The job suited for a time but in the end, I felt that I couldn't do it any more and I left.

The management loaded more and more demands on the Health Advisors to meet the requirements of the Integrated Urgent Care contract.

In short, I'd say do it for a short time e.g. student summer job or to tide you over between jobs. It is not a long term prospect.
Pros
Quality of peers, can work part time
Cons
Repetitive, unvaried work, unsocial hours, management
Have to have a thick skin to work here, you consistently get shouted at by patients when they don’t get what they want. If you’re good management will work with you to offer you shifts that suit your lifestyle but you are expected to work a lot of extra hours over xmas and Easter. Lots of overtime availability if you want it. Not great benefits (sometimes feel like an employee number not a person) so high staff turnaround but some lovely people working there.
Been there over a year. Honestly it's managed like a joke. Treated like dirt and constantly pressured to pick up more hours than anyone can handle. Will not get thanked for it but quickly shamed for not. Management are all friends and family everyone else is ignored. No career progression. No respect given. Revolving door of staff. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Cons
Everyday is a new torture
Excellent team morale , no to days are the same excellent and very supportive team ,managers are very supportive .Lone working no one is breathing down you and
Pros
left alone to work, no breathing or watching you
Cons
Busy busy busy, great staff but the role is demanding. Management never speak to you unless they want/need extra staff. Any decent jobs that come up are usually given to the senior staffs friends and family. Very rarely have enough staff. Needs a complete shake up of the senior staff.
Pros
They always seem to hire really good people but then treat them really bad
Cons
Management, hours, staffing levels
Good work environment

Shift workwell managed

Overtime available

Free parking

Free tea/coffee
I work on reception. I love my work, it can be stressful but mostly rewarding. The colleagues that I work with are amazing they are great to work along side. How hard we all work.
Would be nice to be financially better considered as not only are we in front line we do not just do reception. This should be recognised in my opinion.

It's so much more than reception but that's what I like.

Honestly can say gave always felt supported by my line managers
Pros
Good team to work with love my job
Cons
Can be stressful but that's with the nature of the job
You HAVE to work Christmas and boxing day and easter. You're constantly bombarded with calls and texts to pick up extra shifts. Management very poor. High turn over of staff. You only get a 10 min break in 6 hrs of work
Cons
Lots
Very good training and coaching ongoing support when you need it. Professional and friendly work enviroment. Job satisfaction always extra work hours if required.
A typical day at Herts Urgent Care varies according to what shift I am working. If I am doing an opening shift I set up the doctor's consulting room and the Receptionist's room. I turn on both computers and log onto Adastra. I set out the doctor's equipment and books required for when the doctor starts work.

When the patients arrive at the hospital I arrive them and ask them to take a seat in the waiting room.

I use the computer program called Adastra to check the central booking system. On the adastra system I book patients in to be seen by a doctor. I also receieve regular calls from managment if there is any problems that may arise during my shift.

Managment

Throughout my shift I manage my time by ensuring I arrive patients on arrival and manage the central booking system. I ensure patients are aware if there will be any delays in the service.

Hardest part of my Job

The hardest part of my job is when it's gets very busy at the surgery because patients can become inpatient and quite disstressed.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when patients thank you and also being able to help and support the doctor and patients.
Pros
have own reception area
Cons
no tea breaks