HSS Hire Employee Reviews

Forever training
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London24 March 2019
Feels like your paid to go on in-house training courses constantly
Admin staff : sales staff - spend most time on these courses
Most work is done by the engineers and the shop depot assistants
CRM is unreal waste of time
All paperwork no actual work being accomplished
Pros
Good training
Cons
No job satisfaction
hss hire
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  glasgow11 March 2019
Hss hire is great enviroment to work in but the pay and especially the management leave a lot to be desired.
Making deadlines and achieving goals is pointless here as just asked to provide more and more.
Pros
Great friendly enviroment
Cons
long hours, poor pay, terrible management
Fine place to work
Credit controller and Transaction clerk (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 March 2019
Not very good staff turnover and Do not get salary rise. Opportunities to move with in departments to increase the learning. Credit control job is pretty difficult and challenging and someone staying there for more than a year shows the capability of that individual to work in pressured environment.
Great Place
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Old Trafford, Greater Manchester21 February 2019
I really enjoyed my time at HSS and could see myself being there for a long time, it was the first place in a while that I had properly felt settled and enjoyed my team. Unfortunately my team was made redundant 6 weeks into my role.
Pros
Cons
Pay wasnt amazing
fun workplace
Transport Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Bristol19 January 2019
Good job and good company. The hours ae not the best and its not a 9-5 job. The company and branch I worked at are very friendly and helpful. overall good company to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 December 2018
—Checking vehicle conditions
—Things can change with little notice and every day is different
—never got to deal with management enough to comment
—professionalisms
—loading and unloading
—working with great people
Pros
Good company
Cons
Didn’t have my hgv when their
great fun working environment
Airports Key Accounts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Heathrow London12 October 2018
Like working at HSS, fun friendly working environment.
HSS helped me acquire the skills needed to work in the Airport key Account department. This is a fast moving fast pace office, managing Airports Key account customers to the highest standard, leaving little room for error. Friendly and supportive colleagues, make it a pleasure to be a part of. Can be very challenging at times though, dealing with the Airports ever evolving processes. Always find meeting the customers expectations and needs rewarding and take pleasure in getting it right, most of the time
Pros
Fun friendly people
Cons
not enough pay reviews
Yard Operative (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire6 October 2018
horrible place too work wages are poor & management are horrible you work really hard & it goes unnoticed some of the staff are horrible the place is a nightmare you try your best & you still have management on your back horrible environment
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
no cons its a really poor place
Productive and fun
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk10 August 2018
A fast paced fun place to work, a typical day starts fulfilling customer orders highlighting any delivery issues and solving stock problems from previous day. Most managers are hands on helping resolve issues, a positive workplace culture.
Pros
Job security
Challenging but rewarding
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield13 June 2018
Worked for 24 yrs for Hss and enjoyed every minute. The job was challenging but rewarding especially when you are set what seems like impossible tasks and everyone came together to get the job done. Great feeling of accomplishment! I have gained a wealth of knowledge and experience throughout the years and had some great training to enhance my career. Health and safety was at the forefront of everything we did making sure all policies and procedures were adhered to. The best part of the job for me was the satisfaction of giving a great service to the customer and also the people I worked with made the day a pleasure to go to work.
Pros
benefits package and bonuses
Cons
restricted by red tape at times
Good company
Mobile Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 May 2018
I was satisfied with my role during my time there, I was satisfied with my rolls there. I was paid on time and had regular one to ones with my manager.
Work experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisham6 May 2018
I worked here for my work experience and I was only there for two weeks but the time I was here it was a great experience.

I learnt many things working here
fair
Administration/ Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mitcham, Greater London4 May 2018
i enjoyed working with HSS and would still be there if the company still has a London head office. they sold the branch in Mitcham and only operate in Manchester
Worst place ever to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sheffield1 May 2018
I worked there for over 6 years and I've never known a company like it. Every person on different wages. Some van drivers on more than 18 ton wagon drivers. Stock team used like dogs, management very poor. No help from management in any way. Pay absolutely rubbish for the amount of work they expect from you. So glad i left, i wouldnt recommed hss to anyone.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Wages and management
Goodwork place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Valley28 April 2018
Pay could be better for the hours. Working every other Saturday if a negative. Good work place having a laugh while still being professional. Hard to earn extra money on top of salary.
routine
plant tool operator (Former Employee) –  East Finchley24 April 2018
checking safety standards within the store on every tool. Also handling accounts with customers. Making sure i chase up on my own leads. Administrating invoices and dealing with face to face customers.
Pros
free company car
Cons
long progression
Great team, not a great salary
Key Accounts Administrator/Reception (Former Employee) –  Manchester22 April 2018
8am start to 5pm finish Monday - Friday for £15,500 a year.
Call centre.
Most of the people that I worked with were wonderful and I was given the opportunity to cover reception which was a role I really enjoyed doing, especially as the full time receptionist was amazing.
Down side was the pay. Far too much work and responsibilities for the salary, especially as it is also 5 hours extra per week than an average office job.
In all the job itself was fine but the business itself isn't something that interests me personally.
does not value employees
Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Ives18 April 2018
After working there for three years I have become increasingly concerned at their work ethic as I have been on 19k a year for an 18 tonne driver when my other colleagues are on 24k. All in all it is a nice place to work and a good job, the salary however is very disappointing.
Fun And Productive
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 March 2018
It was Amazing working with the company, they helped me improve my work ethics and how to manage my time well. It was also good as it was really close to my home.
fun workplace
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxford17 March 2018
i enjoyed working here and made lots of friends until one day when i went into work and HSS pulled out of thier contract 8 years early (2 years into a 10 year contract) and i didnt recive any help or support in finding a new job
Pros
free coffee in cold weather
Cons
bad job sucurity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSS Hire. Our community is ready to answer.